Path-specific discussion threads?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sajomir

Path-specific discussion threads?

Post by Sajomir »

While I've been reading through Umineko as it came out the past couple years, I've come to enjoy chapter-specific discussion threads. While KS has the more traditional paths instead of chapters, will we be seeing a path thread for each girl? Once I finish my first girl, I'd like to be able to come here and post what I thought and read other peoples' opinions without spoiling the rest of the girls.

It'd be nice to see official stickies or something, but if we're clear to make 'em on our own, that would be cool, too.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
ubergeneral

Re: Path-specific discussion threads?

Post by ubergeneral »

I plan on making my own path thread if I'm not beaten to it. It wouldn't hurt and we could keep all the spoilers to just one thread.

good idea.
Fishpick

Post by Fishpick »

Yeah that sounds good. Whoever finishes first can make the threads I suppose. lol
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Fishpick wrote:Yeah that sounds good. Whoever finishes first can make the threads I suppose. lol
inb4 Gen-Three Shizune thread.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Fishpick wrote:Yeah that sounds good. Whoever finishes first can make the threads I suppose. lol
but the only way to prove that you finished the path would be to post the very ending in the OP, and I don't think that would be a good idea
Mogami-kun

Post by Mogami-kun »

Why do I get the feeling that some people will start off by deliberately aiming for a Shizune's bad ends first to see if there is a Misha ending?

The idea is nice but I'll probably finish the game before coming up to the forums, I really don't want to risk any spoilers. Though a flowchart would be handy...
"100%"
My final ranking: Hanako >>> Lilly > (Misha >) Shizune > Rin > Emi.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

lots of game forums (for games with an actual story to spoil) have specific areas for spoiler-filled discussion, with the whole "no spoilers anywhere else" thing going. takes some action on the forum mods' part, but it works. hopefully these forums will have a section for that when the game launches. dunno if they'll have separate forums for each path, but a stickied thread for each path would be cool.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Worthington wrote:
inb4 Gen-Three Shizune thread.
Eh, this seems more like mod and dev jurisdiction. Not that I wouldn't if it came down to it...
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Khantalas

Post by Khantalas »

I thought you would be too busy actually trying to get every scene Shizune is in to start a thread, G3n0c1de.
地獄から冬の気持ちや我のまで。
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

but the only way to prove that you finished the path would be to post the very ending in the OP, and I don't think that would be a good idea
You mean endingS, right? Since I believe the devs said each girl will have AT LEAST 2 endings, the only way to determine you've truly seen every scene on a girl's path would be to check the girl's library section for the absence of ????-entries. Until then, assume can still run into spoilers.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

The rule would be no spoilers in the first post. However the rest of the topic is fair game. If you don't want to be spoiled don't click on it.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Luckily we also have spoiler tags
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

Mogami-kun wrote:Why do I get the feeling that some people will start off by deliberately aiming for a Shizune's bad ends first to see if there is a Misha ending?

The idea is nice but I'll probably finish the game before coming up to the forums, I really don't want to risk any spoilers. Though a flowchart would be handy...
'Some people'?
And here I thought everyone was planning to do that. :)
I'll probably be so absorbed in trying to reach a Misha path that does not exist that I'll forget about Shizune altogether. I don't care if it's her path, she's only an accessory. :mrgreen:

I think path-specific discussion threads are a good idea. At least that way, there won't be a lot of unwelcome spoilers.
(Not that I plan on visiting the forum without having played through all the paths first...)
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Khantalas wrote:I thought you would be too busy actually trying to get every scene Shizune is in to start a thread, G3n0c1de.
Guess it depends on how fast I complete her path. I do plan to go through once normally, and once exploring each decision.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

I just assumed this is what would be done anyway, to be honest. It makes so much sense and will stop there being 300 threads of "Your face when Rin got hit by the truck" and the same for every plot point of every character.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako