Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
griffon8

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by griffon8 »

Misterbadguy wrote:I'm hoping that it's up by the time I'm home from work that day (roughly 7pm GMT), as then I can spend a little while seeding the torrent (providing my ISP doesn't throttle the living hell out of it) whilst I play. I've not torrented anything for literally years, but I believe that aiding distribution of this is a good cause.
Ugh. I never use torrents. It always makes me think of my computer having unprotected sex with a couple hundred other computers at once.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Hershey's Chocolate

Post by Hershey's Chocolate »

griffon8 wrote:
Misterbadguy wrote:I'm hoping that it's up by the time I'm home from work that day (roughly 7pm GMT), as then I can spend a little while seeding the torrent (providing my ISP doesn't throttle the living hell out of it) whilst I play. I've not torrented anything for literally years, but I believe that aiding distribution of this is a good cause.
Ugh. I never use torrents. It always makes me think of my computer having unprotected sex with a couple hundred other computers at once.
DAYUM! Sounds like you computer needs to get laid.
*Badum bum*
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

It's just occurred to me that it's now less than a week to the release.

:D :D :D
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Griffon8's Writing
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

So it seems like all the regulars will disappear from the forums and we'll have an influx of new people.
This should be fun.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
dragonfi

Post by dragonfi »

Hershey's Chocolate wrote:
griffon8 wrote:
DAYUM! Sounds like you computer needs to get laid.
*Badum bum*
Use Linux, going by the methaphor, I would say it's biochemically incompatible. :P

On a more serious note, (correct me if I'm wrong, please,) if the torrent file and the torrent client is clean, there's not much that can go wrong, since the client checks the downloaded file using data from the torrent file. (Of course, you must be wary of spiked-up clients, and suspicious torrent files.)
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Worthington wrote:So it seems like all the regulars will disappear from the forums and we'll have an influx of new people.
This should be fun.
And when we come back, we'll be all, "Get off my lawn!"

Griffon8's Writing
Vasuki

Post by Vasuki »

Worthington wrote:So it seems like all the regulars will disappear from the forums and we'll have an influx of new people.
This should be fun.
Admittedly I kind of feel like a tourist returning to some place he's already been, what with my whole 5 posts from back around when the recruitment board was still open. ;>>
lazyazndude

Post by lazyazndude »

Well, this is a pleasant surprise! I haven't played this game in a few years and the full version is coming out soon.
This is like a second Christmas present! (much better than the socks I've received :? )
This was the first visual novel I've ever played and it was quite enjoyable. Downloaded the newer version of act 1 and its brought back some memories.
The new soundtrack and slight changes to the dialog has enhanced my enjoyment of this nostalgic story. Glad that it's been progressing so well.
Eagerly looking forward to its release. :D (Also, a happy New-Years Eve to all!)
Erybis

Post by Erybis »

This should be fun.
Gentlemen.
It was nice serving with you. Be prepared to guard the front line at all costs. Don't let them take our land. The motherland is counting on all of us.
Guest1349598u32

Post by Guest1349598u32 »

So hey, I was thinking.
What if Rin suddenly discovered she had the ability to grow her arms back like Piccolo?
Khantalas

Post by Khantalas »

Guest1349598u32 wrote:So hey, I was thinking.
What if Rin suddenly discovered she had the ability to grow her arms back like Piccolo?
Wait.

What?
地獄から冬の気持ちや我のまで。
Guest1349598u32

Post by Guest1349598u32 »

Khantalas wrote:
Wait.

What?
Big.Green.Muscly.Arms.
Also, Piccolo dick.
Tahtorak

Post by Tahtorak »

Happy New Year, everyone.

In other news, at least 3 more days (including this one because it hasn't truly started yet) until Katawa Shoujo! Yay!
.., ,
-M
AutisticPsycho

Post by AutisticPsycho »

Tahtorak wrote:Happy New Year, everyone.

In other news, at least 3 more days (including this one because it hasn't truly started yet) until Katawa Shoujo! Yay!
Agreed. Can't wait, also hello everyone again.
Me: Hey guys! Hey guys!
Devs: What?
Me: Ampu-tan and Erika cameo!
Devs: No. We have had a lot of threads like this, and we don't need more. *LOCK'D*
Me: Nyoro~n
Fishpick

Post by Fishpick »

Guest1349598u32 wrote:
Khantalas wrote:
Wait.

What?
Big.Green.Muscly.Arms.
Also, Piccolo dick.
Piccolo doesn't have a dick. They reproduce asexually. Duh.

lol