Your natural choice

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Worthington

Re: Your natural choice

Post by Worthington »

Shades of Grey wrote:My first playthrough, I was looking to get someone and ended up dead, with my brains across the lawn. It was mostly due to Hisao's habit of going nuts over seemingly harmless choices. I ended up with Shizune afterwards, for which I am glad.
Kenji's end is one of my favourites. I wish him and Hisao could bro out more.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
Fishpick

Post by Fishpick »

Shades of Grey wrote:My first playthrough, I was looking to get someone and ended up dead, with my brains across the lawn. It was mostly due to Hisao's habit of going nuts over seemingly harmless choices. I ended up with Shizune afterwards, for which I am glad.
I'm still not entirely sure he died. We didn't see any indication of a death. If it weren't for his heart condition, a fall like that could easily be survived. But his heart condition does make it much more dangerous for him. But surviving it is still not impossible.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Fishpick wrote:
I'm still not entirely sure he died. We didn't see any indication of a death. If it weren't for his heart condition, a fall like that could easily be survived. But his heart condition does make it much more dangerous for him. But surviving it is still not impossible.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a *SQUISH* or a *CRACK* or a *CRUNCH* when he hit the ground. Didn't the screen sort of black out or turn red as well. These things sort if stereotypically resemble a death. Then again it has been a while since I played the bad end in Act 1.
moonpalace

Post by moonpalace »

It's funny you should say that fishpick. I was just thinking this morning how it could have been possible for Hisao to survive, especially since he was so drunk. I know of someone who fell out his three story high bedroom window onto some grass uninjured. He'd been drinking so heavily that he didn't know what he was doing. When he landed there was no resistance in his body. You're right though scott1and I think I remember that too.

Back to the topic, I chose Rin when I first played and cheated death (as soon as Hisao started talking about "all the missed opportunities" he'd squandered, I knew I'd missed Rin) by immediately loading back to the one mistake I'd made - the question with Nomiya. Then I thoroughly enjoyed the manly picnic, and went for Lilly, Hanako, Shizune and finally Emi.

When the I play the full game it will be in the order of my favorites; Rin, Lilly, Emi, Hanako*, Shizune.

*Actually my fifth favorite but I'm going to save what I anticipate to be the best written path till last.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

moonpalace wrote:It's funny you should say that fishpick. I was just thinking this morning how it could have been possible for Hisao to survive,...
Well, actually that is my favourite ending of Act I so far.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
moonpalace

Post by moonpalace »

Mirage_GSM wrote: Well, actually that is my favourite ending of Act I so far.
That was the funniest and most heart warming story I've read that in ages. Thanks for sharing it.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Fishpick wrote:I'm still not entirely sure he died. We didn't see any indication of a death. If it weren't for his heart condition, a fall like that could easily be survived. But his heart condition does make it much more dangerous for him. But surviving it is still not impossible.
People have fallen from much shorter heights and have died. Either way, you missed out on getting anyone, so it's still game over.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Watermelons

Post by Watermelons »

moonpalace wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote: Well, actually that is my favourite ending of Act I so far.
That was the funniest and most heart warming story I've read that in ages. Thanks for sharing it.
Secret Misha ending eh, FUND IT.
Rin > Lily > Shizune = Emi > Hanako

MERRY CHRISTMAS FAGS
Fono

Post by Fono »

I was trucking hardcore for Rin 100%, and accidentally got Emi's. Oh, the nostalgia from my first act 1 play-through...
Why is the sake always gone?
Palas

Post by Palas »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Fishpick wrote:I'm still not entirely sure he died. We didn't see any indication of a death. If it weren't for his heart condition, a fall like that could easily be survived. But his heart condition does make it much more dangerous for him. But surviving it is still not impossible.
People have fallen from much shorter heights and have died. Either way, you missed out on getting anyone, so it's still game over.
This. Moreover, talk about harsh consequences. You fell off the roof, where you weren't supposed to be, and you were drunk. On your first week. Yamaku would kick you off right away.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
erisi236

Post by erisi236 »

Shizune was my first choice and has since remained as my personal favorite, I could totally see falling head over heels in love with her given the opportunity in real life.
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

erisi236 wrote:Shizune was my first choice and has since remained as my personal favorite, I could totally see falling head over heels in love with her given the opportunity in real life.
You. I like the cut of your jib.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Might as well get some use out of this double post...

The way the game is structured, it's not really 'naturally' choosing a girl. Like how being up for a little exercise automatically funnels you onto Emi's path. Or how a single innocuous choice could lead to Hisao exploding and end up with him falling off a roof. What I'm saying is that these single choices in the demo determine how it ends. It's not the culmination of all your previous choices, which would be more 'natural'.

As for me, I was after Shizune from the get go, so I don't really know how I would handle being in Yamaku myself.
Last edited by G3n0c1de on Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Khantalas

Post by Khantalas »

erisi236 wrote:Shizune was my first choice and has since remained as my personal favorite, I could totally see falling head over heels in love with her given the opportunity in real life.
You do realize that this means we must fight to death for the hand of my (fictional) love.
地獄から冬の気持ちや我のまで。
Xeoniriel

Post by Xeoniriel »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
moonpalace wrote:It's funny you should say that fishpick. I was just thinking this morning how it could have been possible for Hisao to survive,...
Well, actually that is my favourite ending of Act I so far.
That fic made me think "FRIENDSHIP ROUTE FUCK YEAH!!" fund it. My natural choice put in that situation would most likely be with Kenji on the roof and my first playthrough was the bad end so its safe to say i would end up dead or severely hurt before i'd be in any of the other situations.
My physics teacher once said "I cry, I cry and die. Luckily I have rejuvenation powers."