Your natural choice

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

NubChaos

Re: Your natural choice

Post by NubChaos »

Acidhedz wrote: Just out of curiosity was it Ami (Mercury) from Sailor Moon that set that in motion for you? I know watching that show on Toonami in the afternoons back in the day affected my taste in girls.

I'm not sure, but it's certainly possible, since I watched it a lot as a child, as well as most of the movies. I don't really remember much of it though, since the last time I saw anything Sailor Moon related was probably at least 10 years ago. I'm 19 now. I watched SM and the movies when I was like 7-9, IIRC. My first crush IRL, back in middle school, also wore glasses.
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Priest

Post by Priest »

NubChaos wrote:
Acidhedz wrote: Just out of curiosity was it Ami (Mercury) from Sailor Moon that set that in motion for you? I know watching that show on Toonami in the afternoons back in the day affected my taste in girls.

I'm not sure, but it's certainly possible, since I watched it a lot as a child, as well as most of the movies. I don't really remember much of it though, since the last time I saw anything Sailor Moon related was probably at least 10 years ago. I'm 19 now. I watched SM and the movies when I was like 7-9, IIRC. My first crush IRL, back in middle school, also wore glasses.
thats a really interresting theory i wish i could say the same since my first crush is what i guess would be the best wy to describe as a strong character however my current prefrence is girls like hanako/shy sweet girls. but yea i think your right about our prefrence in women gets affected from an early age i wonder if theres a study on it somewhere
In case of war hide in the trash can. it allways makes it unscratched somehow
Erybis(CaptchaNotWorking)

Post by Erybis(CaptchaNotWorking) »

Priest wrote:
NubChaos wrote:

thats a really interresting theory i wish i could say the same since my first crush is what i guess would be the best wy to describe as a strong character however my current prefrence is girls like hanako/shy sweet girls. but yea i think your right about our prefrence in women gets affected from an early age i wonder if theres a study on it somewhere
If this was true, then we'd finally have a way to stop those damn furries from making more of their spawn. I personally prefer the flower girl (Gentle, kind, not necessarily shy) with a large rack. I have no idea why, though...
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

Priest wrote: thats a really interresting theory i wish i could say the same since my first crush is what i guess would be the best wy to describe as a strong character however my current prefrence is girls like hanako/shy sweet girls. but yea i think your right about our prefrence in women gets affected from an early age i wonder if theres a study on it somewhere
Well, there is Freudian psychology, in which he proposes the theory of psychosexual development, which basically states we have an active libido since birth that develops in various stages pertaining to the erogenous zones as we grow. Might have some sense to it in this context.

Erybis(CaptchaNotWorking) wrote: If this was true, then we'd finally have a way to stop those damn furries from making more of their spawn. I personally prefer the flower girl (Gentle, kind, not necessarily shy) with a large rack. I have no idea why, though...
So I'm guessing Lilly is your favorite then? I'm a big fan of the flower girl archetype as well, hence her being my #2 girl behind Rin. As i've stated before, if Rin and Lilly didn't appeal to my tastes so perfectly, Hanako would certainly be #1, since I also like the shy type like Priest.
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Fishpick

Post by Fishpick »

NubChaos wrote:
Priest wrote: thats a really interresting theory i wish i could say the same since my first crush is what i guess would be the best wy to describe as a strong character however my current prefrence is girls like hanako/shy sweet girls. but yea i think your right about our prefrence in women gets affected from an early age i wonder if theres a study on it somewhere
Well, there is Freudian psychology, in which he proposes the theory of psychosexual development, which basically states we have an active libido since birth that develops in various stages pertaining to the erogenous zones as we grow. Might have some sense to it in this context.
Freud says we prefer girls that remind us of our mother. And girls prefer guys that remind them of their father. This is because (according to Freud) we are unconsciously attracted (and yes, I do mean sexually) to our parents. Freud's ideas are very twisted. Freud would not agree that tv shows could influence this in the least. According to Freud, our mothers are our ideal woman. But we can't have her due to societal norms. So we settle for second best.

He has little to no evidence to support this of course. And there is lots of evidence against it. Which is why psychologists today mostly poke fun at him.
that psych guy

Post by that psych guy »

Of course, Freud was also addicted to cocaine...another reason us psychology folk make fun of him. Cocaine does explain many of his theories though.
Fishpick

Post by Fishpick »

that psych guy wrote:Of course, Freud was also addicted to cocaine...another reason us psychology folk make fun of him. Cocaine does explain many of his theories though.
Perhaps. Although some theories suggest Freud didn't even believe his theories himself. Some of his earlier theories (which were actually more reasonable by todays standards) were largely ignored. And then he came out with his radical, contraversial stuff. Which naturally got a lot of attention. He wanted fame. And he knew how to get it.

I don't remember what his earlier theories were...It's been so long since I studied Freud. All I know is that it didn't get a whole lot of recognition.
Acidhedz

Post by Acidhedz »

I think the only reason a lot of guys subconsciously try to hook up with women like their mothers is because of comfort. Freud tried to make everything about sex, and it is only one of the primary drivers in life. Familiarity is another.

To be honest I have two "types", one is very much like my mother, or rather the traits I find most comforting about her, the other is pretty much in the complete other direction.

Rin, and girls like her, appeal to me because they combine aspects of both. Reserved and non-obnoxious but with a definite, if subtle, wildness. The Quiet Riot in a cute little package as it were.

I've always had a thing for Sinead O'Conner, at least when she was younger. Also Milla Jovovich, Winona Ryder and Natalie Imbruglia. They have that perpetually cute and innocent look to them, while still giving the impression they could kick your ass if they wanted to. Allison Scagliotti from Warehouse 13 would be my most current celeb crush/torture. To desire that which is unattainable is surely the greatest folly, and yet I can't seem to help myself.

---On an unrelated and utterly self serving note I would appreciate it if any dubstep fans would look me up on youtube (iamadeathgod666). I released a dubstep album last week and could use any support I can get. Please with an LSD cherry on top, and thanks.---
Erybis

Post by Erybis »

Fishpick wrote:
NubChaos wrote:
Freud says we prefer girls that remind us of our mother. And girls prefer guys that remind them of their father. This is because (according to Freud) we are unconsciously attracted (and yes, I do mean sexually) to our parents. Freud's ideas are very twisted. Freud would not agree that tv shows could influence this in the least. According to Freud, our mothers are our ideal woman. But we can't have her due to societal norms. So we settle for second best.

He has little to no evidence to support this of course. And there is lots of evidence against it. Which is why psychologists today mostly poke fun at him.
I'm glad he was proved wrong, because if he was right, I would be into screaming, abusive, banshees instead. You know, the "Husband/Child Beater". Of course, it could be said that my taste was influenced into going in the complete opposite direction of my mother when it comes to girls. But, anyone would of turned out the same way under those circumstances. Except masochists.
Bulldozer

Post by Bulldozer »

I got Shizune on my first playthrough.

Shizune and Lilly are the only two stories that I would care for. Odd, considering that they're rivals, I guess
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

I honestly had to think for a moment there. It's been such a long time since the first time I played the demo.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure I got Hanako. Shizune put me off with her demanding personality, Lily was nice, but kind of boring, Rin was interesting, but not enough and Emi...well...I wanted to slap her multiple times. She was too focused on batting her eyelashes and trying to be cute. And I seriously hate it with a deep, burning passion when people try to force me to do something I don't want to do. (Let me just say that those were my first impressions and playing their paths has made me love almost every single one of them.)

I'm not exactly white knight material in real life, but I adore women and think every girl is beautiful in her own way. Add tot hat the fact that I'm a very...non-pushy person and that I can't stand loud, obnoxious people (with the exception of Misha, interestingly enough) and you got the reason why Hanako was my natural choice
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
CrimsonKnight0

Post by CrimsonKnight0 »

Got Lilly on the first. Then Hanako. I think I left Emi for the end.
I considered Lilly the best, personality and looks. Hanako was probably my second best, though seeing more of here might make her my top choice. Shizune struck me as a bitch on my first playthrough, but then became one of my faves.
Last edited by CrimsonKnight0 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
When Yamaku is... ashes, you have my permission to die.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

CrimsonKnight0 wrote:Shizune struck me as a bith on my first playthrough, but then became one of my faves.
I approve.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
CrimsonKnight0

Post by CrimsonKnight0 »

G3n0c1de wrote:
CrimsonKnight0 wrote:Shizune struck me as a bith on my first playthrough, but then became one of my faves.
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images ... _Nats).jpg
I approve.
The magic of typos it appears.
Last edited by Silentcook on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: DON'T quote images that were just posted, people... ESPECIALLY HUGE ONES >:(
When Yamaku is... ashes, you have my permission to die.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

G3n0c1de wrote:
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images ... _Nats).jpg
I approve.
Shizune will forever be associated with the Mos Eisley Cantina song in my head. I may actually play her route second because of this.
I applaud you, good sir.
Last edited by Silentcook on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: DON'T quote images that were just posted, people... ESPECIALLY HUGE ONES >:(
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios