Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
fischer22

Re: Katawa Shoujo Will be Released on January 4th, 2012

Post by fischer22 »

Congratulations! And thank you for all the hard work!

A question out of curiosity, is the final version using your "forked" Renpy 6.10.2 or did you manage to upgrade?

Thanks again!
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

fischer22 wrote:Congratulations! And thank you for all the hard work!

A question out of curiosity, is the final version using your "forked" Renpy 6.10.2 or did you manage to upgrade?

Thanks again!
Forked. There are many reasons as to why.
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

Words cannot describe how elated I am about this. This had made my night, and my week, and my month, and my year.

Congratulations for finishing, guys, and thank you for all you've done! I'd hug you if we weren't miles apart. :P

I cannot wait until the 4th... Just half a month until all my questions can be answered! I first got into KS near the end of 2010, and played the Act 1 Demo in early January of 2011. Ever since then I've been hooked; keeping up to date on all the progress being made, lurking on the boards, checking out some of the great artwork on the shimmie, and replaying the demo over and over... It's kinda cool that almost exactly a year after I played the demo is when the full game will release. ^_^

GAHH I'm too excited to sleep now... Looks like another all-nighter for me lol
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Congratulations to all the 4LS team! Wow, I'm gonna have to zip through Umineko when chapter 8 is released on Sunday so that I can start on Katawa Shoujo right away.

I can't wait to see the fruits of your hard work. Really truly, thank you for everything you've done :)
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
minkus

Post by minkus »

Just for fun, switch 1/4/12 to 4/1/12! April Fools guys!

But seriously, I am very excited great job devs I am starting the countdown.
Manly picnics incoming.
Khantalas

Post by Khantalas »

minkus wrote:Just for fun, switch 1/4/12 to 4/1/12! April Fools guys!
This would just remove the initial confusion non-Americans had.
地獄から冬の気持ちや我のまで。
AgentPenn

Post by AgentPenn »

It's countdown time! I'm sure I speak for many when I say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

Yeah... I think I just lost a bet...

fuck yes
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

DEAR LORD PRAY FOR US SINNERS NOW AND AT THE HOUR OF OUR DEATHS FUCK THAT LET'S PLAY :D :D :D :D :D :D
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
chaix

Post by chaix »

Congratulations on finishing the VN. I'm sure we will all be back in the wee hours after release to thank you all again, but just consider that a sign of how much we all appreciate you guys doing this. May you all get some rest after this, you deserve it.

thank you for all you guys have done (including putting up with us).
SuperScarfy

Post by SuperScarfy »

Oh yay, a release date! Congratulations on making it this far! :D

However, IMO, choosing a release date based around a milestone seems a little pointless to me. It's symbolic, sure, but what if you guys end up finishing the game before the date and it's ready to be released whenever? Then you would be holding back the game from an eager audience when they could otherwise be playing it, all for the sake of commemorating a certain date. While the date certainly has quite a bit of meaning, in my opinion it ultimately doesn't matter whether it's released then or not.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

On the eleventh day of Christmas, KSdevs gave to me...

Eleven years in waiting,
Ten toes-a-painting,
Nine Mishas spamming,
Eight Shimmie uploads,
Seven swigs of whiskey,
Six cripples crippling,
Five girls to screw!
Four hand signs,
Three cups of tea,
Two sightless eyes,
And a life-threatening heart condition
Last edited by Fronzel on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Well done and congratulations. You have done what was once thought impossible, or at least inconceivable. Lets hope that this marks the beginning of western independent creativity and not the zenith.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

However, IMO, choosing a release date based around a milestone seems a little pointless to me. It's symbolic, sure, but what if you guys end up finishing the game before the date and it's ready to be released whenever?
I disagree. I love these kinds of special dates. Even if it means the game's delayed for a few days while it's release-ready, it'll only be for a few days. Heck, we've waited this long.

I also admit I didn't think the release would be announced in advance. You're gonna get a very hectic release week folks. It's tiring (prepare to lock down the forum to quell the "when, when, when, when, when!!!!???"-posts that'll appear once the 4th rolls around), but exciting at the same time. Hopefully you'll get around to enjoying it.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Guest Poster wrote:
However, IMO, choosing a release date based around a milestone seems a little pointless to me. It's symbolic, sure, but what if you guys end up finishing the game before the date and it's ready to be released whenever?
I disagree. I love these kinds of special dates. Even if it means the game's delayed for a few days while it's release-ready, it'll only be for a few days. Heck, we've waited this long.

I also admit I didn't think the release would be announced in advance. You're gonna get a very hectic release week folks. It's tiring (prepare to lock down the forum to quell the "when, when, when, when, when!!!!???"-posts that'll appear once the 4th rolls around), but exciting at the same time. Hopefully you'll get around to enjoying it.
On that day, what dev's can get together will, and they'll shout "kanpei!" and drink until they reach their manly picnic ends as they save the files and watch us swarm en masse to the game.
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi