Genderbender: Katawa Shonen

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mercutio

Re: Genderbender: Katawa Shonen

Post by Mercutio »

way I see it, Shizu-man would have a goatee, because all the manipulative types have goatees. it's a rule. :mrgreen: he-Misha wouldn't, of course, because he's a subordinate, and henchmen never get to have cool facial hair. he-Rin would have a beard, because artists do that, and because shaving with feet would be a pain. much as I like the thought of Emi shaving Rin, them being guys takes all the fun out of that thought. :shock: he-Emi would be clean-shaven, for the perfect jock look.

also: this thread is awesome and the art in it makes it even more awesome. just had to say that.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Grand Haberdasher wrote:They'd make an exception for the armless ones.
I think they have rules about haircuts so they would probably require the armless ones to get a shave and a cut while at the barber.
atat

Post by atat »

Problem with facial hair is, when is the last time you saw a 18 year old with good looking facial hair.
Nixons back!!!!
Khantalas

Post by Khantalas »

atat wrote:Problem with facial hair is, when is the last time you saw a 18 year old with good looking facial hair.
My entire college life.
地獄から冬の気持ちや我のまで。
Fishpick

Post by Fishpick »

atat wrote:Problem with facial hair is, when is the last time you saw a 18 year old with good looking facial hair.
I had a full beard in high school. When I was 16. As well as long hair past my shoulders. Thus I was dubbed Jesus. Also had some friends with well developed facial hair. Are teenagers today different somehow? I know there were those that couldn't grow a single chin hair, but there were also those who could... And I also see Rin as the bearded type.
fellow beardy

Post by fellow beardy »

Fishpick wrote:
I had a full beard in high school. When I was 16. As well as long hair past my shoulders. Thus I was dubbed Jesus.
Haha, same with me, although the Jesus label was largely because I wore sandals all the time.
Drkstrm

Post by Drkstrm »

Fishpick wrote:
I had a full beard in high school. When I was 16. As well as long hair past my shoulders. Thus I was dubbed Jesus. Also had some friends with well developed facial hair. Are teenagers today different somehow? I know there were those that couldn't grow a single chin hair, but there were also those who could... And I also see Rin as the bearded type.
HAH! I'm Jesus where I am! 17, never shaven. Don't have a beard though. Have a 'stache and the long hair. And a freaking soul patch... Because that's what happens when you don't cut your hair for years. It styles itself...

Raggedy clothes help as well. Just a tip for all of you budding Jesus-lookalike-wannabes.

Also, good hair on an 18 year old? I've seen a fair amount. Besides, the law of anime and manga declares that anyone can look awesome as long as they're integral to the plot.
Fishpick

Post by Fishpick »

Drkstrm wrote:
Fishpick wrote:
HAH! I'm Jesus where I am! 17, never shaven. Don't have a beard though. Have a 'stache and the long hair. And a freaking soul patch... Because that's what happens when you don't cut your hair for years. It styles itself...

Raggedy clothes help as well. Just a tip for all of you budding Jesus-lookalike-wannabes.

Also, good hair on an 18 year old? I've seen a fair amount. Besides, the law of anime and manga declares that anyone can look awesome as long as they're integral to the plot.
lol True enough. So Rin can have a beard!

Also, I still have long hair...but my beard has since been reduced to simply a mustache and goatee. People at work still call me Jesus. (Last week my manager said my birthday was coming up. I'm like "What?" He's like "Yeah. December 25th right?")
atat

Post by atat »

actually there is a difference, chemicals and nutrients in the food supply have lowered the age @ which people are hitting maturity. Little girls ready to give birth @ 10, or lower!
Also, some were also right in broaching the question of if it is allowed in school uni.
Nixons back!!!!
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

atat wrote:actually there is a difference, chemicals and nutrients in the food supply have lowered the age @ which people are hitting maturity. Little girls ready to give birth @ 10, or lower!
Also, some were also right in broaching the question of if it is allowed in school uni.
[citation needed]
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
Fishpick

Post by Fishpick »

atat wrote:actually there is a difference, chemicals and nutrients in the food supply have lowered the age @ which people are hitting maturity. Little girls ready to give birth @ 10, or lower!
While it is true that people are hitting maturity at a younger age, there is no evidence whatsoever to indicate that it is due to chemicals and nutrients in the food supply. The most prominent theory is that people are healthier now than previous generations (due in part to lower rates of disease. This is also evidenced in our higher life expectancy.) This may seem strange due to the increase in obesity, but health overall is increasing quite rapidly. (Unfortunately my sources are text books and articles at a local universities database. This particular university also has a heavy focus on child development, considering half the psychologists there specialize in it. But this means I can't provide any links. And frankly, I'm too lazy to dig out the article titles.)

Also, this implies that more teenagers should be able to grow facial hair than before. I am not familiar with any rules against japanese students having facial hair though. But since this school's specialty is accomodating the disabilities of the students, they are known for making exceptions. Such as allowing Hanako's behaviour. I believe allowing a beard would be reasonable for someone with no arms.

So... I say yes to bearded Rin.
Priest

Post by Priest »

ROFLMAO...

Awesome thread dude it deffently puts things in perspektive regardless of how diffrent/similar people would be if they changed gender
In case of war hide in the trash can. it allways makes it unscratched somehow
atat

Post by atat »

Worthington wrote:
[citation needed]
http://www.breastcancerfund.org/assets/ ... uberty.pdf (includes reference to chemicals and utrients in food).
This study was one of the most conclusive it seems.
Nixons back!!!!
Erybis

Post by Erybis »

I see one in the mirror every day, derp.

Back on topic, I see Male Rin sort of like Lieutenant Dan from Forest Gump, except a little less bitter. And you know, arm less with legs.

EDIT: And around New Years in the movie, where he's in the wheel chair.
Username is what now?

Post by Username is what now? »

If Rin is to have any facial hair, it must be that of Ali Al-Saachez, that man knows how to rock the beard and 'tee.