What you WOULD have wanted to happen in the story

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Brogurt

Re: What you WOULD want to happen in the story

Post by Brogurt »

This might seem kind of out of the blue, but I think that if Hanako were an "animal person", it would really fit her. Just think about it; it would be the easiest activity reminiscent of social contact for her. She wouldn't be expected to hold a conversation with a cat or dog, and they'd be a lot less judgmental about the scars. Not to say that what people think about her scars in actuality is a problem, but rather that she would just feel safer with animals than people most of the time. This way, she could enjoy the company of another living being besides Lilly or Mr. Protagonist, and it could be an opportunity to display something along the lines of a caring nature that is being suppressed by her fears.
Xeoniriel

Post by Xeoniriel »

I could picture Hanako having a fat orange tabby cat; that would be glorious.
My physics teacher once said "I cry, I cry and die. Luckily I have rejuvenation powers."
Yubiseiharukana

Post by Yubiseiharukana »

Xeoniriel wrote:I could picture Hanako having a fat orange tabby cat; that would be glorious.
Hanako would be too scared to pet it with it's extreme levels of viciousness. It would need to be a chess-playing cat so it would allow her to feel more comfortable around it.

Like so...
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
- Emo Philips
Doomfest

Post by Doomfest »

hisao has sex with everyone at the same time after growing six tentapenises
<richelieu> it's only double the amount of words because they are two characters who talk at the same time
<@Delta_Kurshiva> ...
<@Aura-> shizune doesn't talk
<richelieu> ...
<richelieu> ...
<richelieu> ...
Xeoniriel

Post by Xeoniriel »

That cat was my perfect mental image of Hanakos orange cat...thanks lol. Now all I need is to imagine a fanfic in my head about how she found / got the cat itself hmmm. Anyway, I'd like some animals to be in the game too speaking of the cat, that would add a bit of uniqueness to the KS because I almost never see them at all in VNs for some reason or another; unless they're moeblob pot-belly pigs or some weird looking sub species of cat or dog that doesn't look like either of 'em.
My physics teacher once said "I cry, I cry and die. Luckily I have rejuvenation powers."
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

Maybe some flashbacks of the girls? For instance, you might see flashbacks of Hanako's past if you follow her path. I'm sure her past will be explained in detail in some way or another, but actually having a flashback scene with a young, possibly unscarred Hanako, with specialized flaming background and what-not would be pretty cool, instead of just using the normal sprites and backgrounds and doing all the flashback stuff with just text.

It'd work for Lilly as well, to sort of show her life with Akira before moving out. Some flashbacks of Rin and Emi first meeting and getting to know each other would be pretty cute too, and maybe showing a bit more of Shizune and Misha's early days.

I'd be kind of interested in seeing a bit more of Iwanoko as well (like her face, for one >_> ), so long as she doesn't interfere with the main plot or the other girls too much. Maybe having Hisao's parents call him or talk to him or something would be nice too.

And I'm sure everyone agrees on this one: the exact details of Misha's disability. To me it seems like some sort of mix of OCD and ADHD or something to that effect, but it's never explicitly stated. In fact, Misha's quite a mystery, when you think about it. Maybe she's hiding something behind that boisterous and cheery exterior? To me it almost seems like she forces that hyperactive personality to hide her true personality and faults. But that could just be me feeling for some dramatic moments.

All in all though, as long as there isn't anything too tragic, I think I'll be fine. Bittersweet stuff is hit-or-miss... For example, there's an extremely bittersweet scene in episode 11 of the yuri anime Kashimashi ~ Girl Meets Girl that was astoundingly compelling and moving, and it nearly moved me to tears. If a bittersweet scene is pulled off like that, I'd love it, but it could easily go the other way.

Tragedy is a no-no to me too. I tend to prefer happy/light-hearted fiction moreso than dark and serious fiction. I can understand throwing in some bad endings like the Kenji ending of Act 1, but I don't want to see anything too tragic later in the game, since, by then, Hisao will have gotten much much closer to his chosen girl, and it'd make the tragedy hit all the more harder.

Probably got other wants that I can't think of at the moment, but I think I've posted enough for now! :)
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

NubChaos wrote:Tragedy is a no-no to me too. I tend to prefer happy/light-hearted fiction moreso than dark and serious fiction. I can understand throwing in some bad endings like the Kenji ending of Act 1, but I don't want to see anything too tragic later in the game, since, by then, Hisao will have gotten much much closer to his chosen girl, and it'd make the tragedy hit all the more harder.
Gotta have bad ends at the end of the game at least. If not then the player choices wouldn't matter past act 1.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

G3n0c1de wrote:
NubChaos wrote:Tragedy is a no-no to me too. I tend to prefer happy/light-hearted fiction moreso than dark and serious fiction. I can understand throwing in some bad endings like the Kenji ending of Act 1, but I don't want to see anything too tragic later in the game, since, by then, Hisao will have gotten much much closer to his chosen girl, and it'd make the tragedy hit all the more harder.
Gotta have bad ends at the end of the game at least. If not then the player choices wouldn't matter past act 1.
I'm certain there can be bad ends that aren't too tragic, as stated above. I imagine that having Hisao die would be the best solution since
a. He's already at risk quite often and it wouldn't seem too unrealistic or unbelievable.
b. You wouldn't have to see him cope with the loss of his girl, or vice-versa, unless the devs toss in some epilogues, which isn't likely since everything has been 1st person so far.
And I think 1 bad end per act per route would make since. I mean, it's simple. You don't make the right choices, game over. You don't get the next act. This way they can also avoid flooding the game with bad ends at every turn.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Brogurt wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:
I'm certain there can be bad ends that aren't too tragic, as stated above. I imagine that having Hisao die would be the best solution since
a. He's already at risk quite often and it wouldn't seem too unrealistic or unbelievable.
b. You wouldn't have to see him cope with the loss of his girl, or vice-versa, unless the devs toss in some epilogues, which isn't likely since everything has been 1st person so far.
And I think 1 bad end per act per route would make since. I mean, it's simple. You don't make the right choices, game over. You don't get the next act. This way they can also avoid flooding the game with bad ends at every turn.
I like that, it also makes the game seem less depressing. I doubt every bad end will involve him dying, as sick as he is, you'd have to wonder how shit the rest of his life will be if he could have possibly died, what, once a month in terms of game time.
purple haired Katawa Shoujo character

Post by purple haired Katawa Shoujo character »

I would want to see an orgy involving all the characters. Every. Single. One.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

scott1and wrote:I like that, it also makes the game seem less depressing. I doubt every bad end will involve him dying, as sick as he is, you'd have to wonder how shit the rest of his life will be if he could have possibly died, what, once a month in terms of game time.
I think one of the things we'll see over the game is how his condition improves, to the point where he can engage in an activity as strenuous as an orgy involving every single character.
And certainly death without heart attacks isn't too far-fetched. I don't think getting drunk and falling off the roof is a heart attack.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

purple haired Katawa Shoujo character wrote:I would want to see an orgy involving all the characters. Every. Single. One.
All? Are you sure?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Maybe a part in Rins path where she's painted herself nude...for whatever reason she makes seem logical. And when I say she's painted herself, I mean it in the literal sense.
Yubiseiharukana

Post by Yubiseiharukana »

purple haired Katawa Shoujo character wrote:I would want to see an orgy involving all the characters. Every. Single. One.
GOD PLEASE NO OLD ART TEACHER IN THAT ORGY.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
- Emo Philips
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

talking about bad ends, I kinda hope there's at least one ending for each of the girls where it just doesn't work out, and Hisao breaks up with them or vice versa. I mean, as bad ends go, that's not too bad, and it's kind of realistic. okay, not that KS is all about being realistic, but it's the kind of thing that happens in real life. and having every bad end with Hisao dead would be kinda weird. either he's happy with a girlfriend, or... he's dead. don't know how I feel about that. :shock:
scott1and wrote:Maybe a part in Rins path where she's painted herself nude...for whatever reason she makes seem logical. And when I say she's painted herself, I mean it in the literal sense.
I like the way you think. *brofist* and I would totally draw that if I could draw. paintsex with Rin FTW.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.