Changes Time has Wrought

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shades of Grey

Changes Time has Wrought

Post by Shades of Grey »

For those of you who have been with this project for a while, what has changed over time during your stay?

For example, have you had any change of heart with regards to the girls? Who you like or what you thought of them?

I personally didn't change my opinions too much, but i did warm up to Emi and Misha a bit over time.

Has frequenting the forums or generally following this project changed your outlook on things at all?

The forums taught me a fair few things I did not know about disabilities before, mostly because they weren't something i thought too much about. In general, seeing this project advance and continue to progress helped me to get my act together and start on a few ambitions of my own.

This is mostly idle curiosity, but how had the two or four or more years your have spent here affected you? Time changes everything after all.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Changes Time has Wrought

Post by Silentcook »

The amount of sleep I get each night has changed, down to an average of four hours or so. :?

All the rest is still [classified information].
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Originally I had eyes for none other than Hanako. While I still look forward very much to reading her path, I've warmed up to Shizune and Rin much more.
It probably doesn't hurt that I'm in charge of Rin's animation for KSFG. :P

Speaking of that, I finally got the balls to dedicate myself to a game project thanks to Katawa Shoujo! I will see these 5 lovely heroines duking it out, and it WILL be as hot as it is awesome!
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

I was in bad place emotionally for a while. Recent events in my life had turned me bitter.

But one day browsing the internets for a cheap laugh or two I came across a Demotivational poster with Misha and Shizune on it.

That lead me to the website and the game and eventually here. I relate to Hiaso in more ways than one, stepping into his shoes taught me a few things both personal and worldly.

More importantly it reignited my passion for stories, writing, drawing and all things creative. A spark I had since lost, it started with doing fan art here now I'm onto bigger and better things.

Also reading the blog and learning about the storied history of Katawa Shoujo's development gave me hopes that some of my own long standing projects have hope for completion,

I only need to have the passion for the project and put my heart into it like the Devs of this forum. As I'm sure they consider all this a labor of love, which any true work of art should be.

All in all KS has had a very positive effect on my outlook not just on the disabled but on many things and I can't wait to finish the journey with all the routes wrapping up the full game isn't far off

I raise my glass tonight to you my fellow KS fans :wink:
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

No change of heart for me, I've been a Shizune man from day one. But seeing other peoples interpretations has shaped my own. Refined them. While the other girls aren't my favorite, I've grown to respect them, and like them all for their own reasons.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
super Aids mansejwf

Post by super Aids mansejwf »

I've changed plenty, and I consider all of my changed attitudes about the game incredibly minor, but I have grown to like the other girls when I started off preferring Hanako, but that's only after playing through the other routes, not because of my incredible experiences in life. Honestly, I'm surprised i remembered this game with all I had been though
Supaflames

Post by Supaflames »

I usually go off topic about blunt, stupid crap but this made me intrigued. I've changed a lot since I started following the game because when I first found out about KS I was 14 years old when the game was first being pursued. There's too much to add; it hardly has to be said that - as most 14 year old boys - I had plenty of stupidity. Not that I don't have that now, just minus the high-pitch prepubescent squeals.

I'll end it there since I was about to wander off-topic again.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

I always liked all of the girls, but over time I've come to like Shizune more. Also, I'm not as keen on lolis as I used to be, so she's gone down on my list. Although after Hanako and Rin I like them equally anyway
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Hanging out here has made me like Misha more, hasn't changed my opinion on Hanako.
I also wrote fanfic for the first time here, take that as you will.
But I just like having a place to hang out and pine for crippled girls.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
atat

Post by atat »

I have warmed up to Emi, very much so with the art change. Other than this change though, I really haven't changed at all, still don't like Shinzune or Hanako (one too shy, the other not my type.) Lilly or Rin still top of the list despite Emi pulling up from the bottom ranks. I guess, I could just say, I'm waiting for it to pop.
Nixons back!!!!
BustRobot

Post by BustRobot »

My only real change has been with Rin, honestly. Oringally I considered her more of a bro than anything else, not really... romance material.

Now though, well, it's different. I consider that a plus to the potential romance with her.
Open up our narrow minds.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

My attitudes towards the girls haven't changed since I finished Act 1. My sig shows an order of preference, but the actual difference between first and last is really small.

This game made me write the first two pieces of fanfiction I've ever written. I've started a third on a different forum.

At least one forum member thought that my writing of Shizune made him think she might be less of a bitch than he thought she was. :D That's a huge compliment for a writer.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing