Now that Shizune's path is done...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Yukimi

Re: Now that Shizune's path is done...

Post by Yukimi »

@Purplehairedcharacter: IF you've played the Acvt 1 you know you get locked in a determined path at the end of it so you get locked in a girls path. That's why we can confidently say we'll go for X or Y character. In other VNs it's not like this and if we hadn't played and 100% the Act 1 I would sya that I would shoot for the options that I like best and see with which girl I ended up but now that I know where those options end it'0s diferent. Also even if you are in a path of a girl you migt not end up getting the girl but a bad end or if there are more tan 2 endings for arc you might not end up with the best one on your first try (I don't think the "true" end will be only available after seeing a "good" end like in other VNs but that's also something to consider).

The first girl I got was Shizune so in the end it was her I would have gotten anyway if I had started with the complete game and no te Act 1 demo :)
Shizune=Akira > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin (but all of them have a place in my heart and some other more interesting locations XP).
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Reverse order of my sig. I'm saving the best for last.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

Shizune, Lilly, Emi, Hanako, Rin.
Anon678

Post by Anon678 »

Hanako
Rin
Lilly
Emi
Kenji/Bad Ends
Shizune

Lilly and Emi would be tied if not for Akira, and I don't really like Shizune. May even skip her route entirely. She's a fine enough character on her own, but her interactions with other people annoy the hell out of me. I've known people who take the Friend of my Enemy is my Enemy stance in real life, as applied to rivalry and friendships, and I always end up bitching them out and cutting ties with them. It's shitty behavior.
HOLLOWTGH

Post by HOLLOWTGH »

Hanako 1st (cause I'm totally in lov with her) :wink: then Lilly, Shizune, Emi and finally Rin :)
Don't define somone by what they have but by who they are, weather we have a disability or a learning difficulty or not we all have the right to live happy :)

Post by Guest »

Rin
Lilly
Rin
Hanako
Rin
Shizune
Emi
Rin
Rin
Kenji

Rin's my favorite if you couldn't tell.
Sleet

Post by Sleet »

This is actually a good question. Most people end up falling head over heels into the pits of one fanbase in particular, but my favor changed a lot over time.

I found out about KS just around the time the demo came out, and was all swoony over Rin, not really caring much about the others. But then as I played through the other paths I got to learn their good points and now have a pretty even love for all of 'em. Shizune's the most affectionate girl in Act 1 by far, so long as you read between the lines. Lilly's path is classy as FUCK and makes everything nice. Now I've fallen victim to Hanako's massive proportions of HNNNG after holding strong for so long.

So since I'd find most paths satisfying, I'll just play giving the answer's I'd normally give, the first time.

[shimmie=1300]...Still learning to like Emi.[/shimmie]
A Different Guest

Post by A Different Guest »

The first time I played it, I, like a lot of people I guess, was most interested in Hanako. Then I got Rin's ending and was impressed as fuck, to say the least. I don't even think I swooned over Rin so much as her path writer, the writing was so good. So, Aura, will you marry me?

Post by Guest »

Yukimi wrote:@Purplehairedcharacter: IF you've played the Acvt 1 you know you get locked in a determined path at the end of it so you get locked in a girls path. That's why we can confidently say we'll go for X or Y character. In other VNs it's not like this and if we hadn't played and 100% the Act 1 I would sya that I would shoot for the options that I like best and see with which girl I ended up but now that I know where those options end it'0s diferent. Also even if you are in a path of a girl you migt not end up getting the girl but a bad end or if there are more tan 2 endings for arc you might not end up with the best one on your first try (I don't think the "true" end will be only available after seeing a "good" end like in other VNs but that's also something to consider).

The first girl I got was Shizune so in the end it was her I would have gotten anyway if I had started with the complete game and no te Act 1 demo :)
I did play through the demo and the first girl I got was Emi, even though she isn't my favorite path. But I'm going to make my decisions based on the moment, regardless of whatever path or ending I end up with. I just want to do a "pure" run-through based on decisions I would personally make rather than aim for a specific girl the first time around.
Shades of Grey

Post by Shades of Grey »

Shizune first. Her storyline was the one I enjoyed the most
Hanako
Lilly
Rin. She is fun, but her path will probably make my head hurt.
Emi. Sorry emi

I've been pretty set on this order since I first played the game through, although Rin has moved around a bit.
Light and Dark
Good and Evil
Right and Wrong
taken from afar they blend together
and the world appears
all in shades of grey
Bara

Post by Bara »

Worthington wrote:
Naline1 wrote:
Bara wrote:Aim for Emi of course, and then where ever the heck my random key punching like an orangutan on meth brings me. :lol:
allofmywhy.jpg
Naw, I kid, I kid. everyone has different tastes. If you don't mind me asking, what draws you to Emi?
Might I hazard a guess at boobs... or lack thereof?
Nope, lack of boobs has nothing to do with it. My personal tastes with real women go towards Shizune's hourglass figure, and I consider a female under 25 still a child. :lol:

@ Naline1:
I simply like her as a character. The one down side is if Emi's concern for Hisao's health goes over the line to being nagging. That would be a negative and could possibly make me change my mind as to which character is my favorite. In Emi I see the one heroine who has most recently gone from; as Hisao is going through in Act 1, being "normal" to having to learn to live with her disability. She manages to maintain her attitude and even continue running track. This demonstrates a strong heart and will. She doesn't give up or give in to her situation and continues to live her life with joy and helping others find some joy too. All of these are good, admirable traits that speak to me.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Supaflames

Post by Supaflames »

Bara wrote:Nope, lack of boobs has nothing to do with it. My personal tastes with real women go towards Shizune's hourglass figure, and I consider a female under 25 still a child. :lol:
Old! xD
Bara

Post by Bara »

Supaflames wrote:
Bara wrote:Nope, lack of boobs has nothing to do with it. My personal tastes with real women go towards Shizune's hourglass figure, and I consider a female under 25 still a child. :lol:
Old! xD
Now there is some real witty repartee. Must have had help figuring that out. :lol:

And has nothing to do with the subject...

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

Bara wrote:
Supaflames wrote:
Old! xD
Now there is some real witty repartee. Must have had help figuring that out. :lol:

And has nothing to do with the subject...
Speaking of things that have nothing to do with the subject, I want a VN starring Wendy. Heh heh... kaboom.

But ontopic, I've heard Shizune's path has the best writing of them all. It'd have to, to make me not dislike her anymore, especially after being mean to Lilly. :x
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Limbless wrote:But ontopic, I've heard Shizune's path has the best writing of them all. It'd have to, to make me not dislike her anymore, especially after being mean to Lilly. :x
Well, that's a pretty subjective statement. But according to a poll, a majority believe that Shizune has the best ending of Act 1. In either case, I reccomend giving her a chance. She may just surprise you.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.