Is there a middle ground?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

te-kun

Is there a middle ground?

Post by te-kun »

You know, join the student council but be friends with Lilly and Hanako so I can serve as a intermediary between the two sides?
blah

Re: Is there a middle ground?

Post by blah »

Not in Act 1 at least. Try it, and you'll probably not be very happy with the results.
WoopSlim

Post by WoopSlim »

Hisao will die, probably.
derp
What do you mean I haven't registered!?

Post by What do you mean I haven't registered!? »

I'd guess not, since both of them take up a lot of time.

If you join the Student Council, being one of only 3 members would mean a lot of work (thus a lot of time spent with Misha/Shizune). I assume it would not leave a lot of time to hang around after school with Lily, or spend much time in the library with Hanako. To say that there will be ZERO interaction with the other girls during each route would probably be wrong though. I like to think that Hisao will be at least friendly acquaintances with everyone by the end of whichever route you choose.

Honestly, I don't mind all too much. However, what would be nice would be Hisao being conscious of his health without instantly going Emi route. I felt, in Act 1 at least, that doing what the doctor recommended pretty much meant Emi route.
te-kun

Post by te-kun »

What do you mean I haven't registered!? wrote:I'd guess not, since both of them take up a lot of time.

If you join the Student Council, being one of only 3 members would mean a lot of work (thus a lot of time spent with Misha/Shizune). I assume it would not leave a lot of time to hang around after school with Lily, or spend much time in the library with Hanako.
Yeah, but the student council would have to deal with other students and seems like Shizune isn't very good with dealing with some of them (Emi, Rin, Lilly, Hanako...) In fact, seems like her only friend is Misha.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

te-kun wrote:You know, join the student council but be friends with Lilly and Hanako so I can serve as a intermediary between the two sides?
You forgot to add "if you know what I mean" at the end.
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Morph

Post by Morph »

What do you mean I haven't registered!? wrote: Honestly, I don't mind all too much. However, what would be nice would be Hisao being conscious of his health without instantly going Emi route. I felt, in Act 1 at least, that doing what the doctor recommended pretty much meant Emi route.
Except for the race with her.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

What do you mean I haven't registered!? wrote:Honestly, I don't mind all too much. However, what would be nice would be Hisao being conscious of his health without instantly going Emi route. I felt, in Act 1 at least, that doing what the doctor recommended pretty much meant Emi route.
Choosing to 'Go For It!' will lock you on to Emi's route instantly EXCEPT if you have chosen all pro-Shizune choices beforehand. That day, you can choose to go to lunch with either Shizune or Emi. That's the only way to be healthy and not go for Emi, it seems.

And I would also like to be friends with Hanako and Lilly after choosing Shizune, but the devs want each path to focus on the individual girls. They've said that after act 1, only two girls will get major screen time: the girl you choose, and her friend. The others would become a lot less important, but they won't be cut out completely.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
blah

Post by blah »

Choosing to 'Go For It!' will lock you on to Emi's route instantly EXCEPT if you have chosen all pro-Shizune choices beforehand. That day, you can choose to go to lunch with either Shizune or Emi. That's the only way to be healthy and not go for Emi, it seems
Cool. I didn't know that.

I guess Shicchan is alright with you taking some time off to work out as long as you give her your unflinching loyalty in every other area of your life. :roll:
te-kun

Post by te-kun »

G3n0c1de wrote:They've said that after act 1, only two girls will get major screen time: the girl you choose, and her friend. The others would become a lot less important, but they won't be cut out completely.
Awww... :(

While I don't plan to date with more than one but I would like to help a little the others too
except Kenji
at least until he start taking antipsychotic medication
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

te-kun wrote:
What do you mean I haven't registered!? wrote:I'd guess not, since both of them take up a lot of time.

If you join the Student Council, being one of only 3 members would mean a lot of work (thus a lot of time spent with Misha/Shizune). I assume it would not leave a lot of time to hang around after school with Lily, or spend much time in the library with Hanako.
Yeah, but the student council would have to deal with other students and seems like Shizune isn't very good with dealing with some of them (Emi, Rin, Lilly, Hanako...) In fact, seems like her only friend is Misha.
Shizune isn't any good at getting along with any of the students. Her attitude is why the student council only has two members.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Otakumon wrote:
te-kun wrote:

Shizune isn't any good at getting along with any of the students. Her attitude is why the student council only has two members.
This may or may not have something to do with the fact that she needs a translator to translate her every thought -and Mischa does admirably at translating words if not intentions, it still generates some weirdness, barriers and alienations.

Also, I guess Shizune is too used to people doing what she wants to bother befriending them. She already gets whatever she wants from them, and most probably did not seem interesting.

Still, given the fact that she's ready to bully Hanako because her only friend is Lilly makes her come out a bit negative. Very negative, in fact.

Back fully on topic, there isn't nor there should be a middle ground. You cannot be friends with everyone, and Shizune and Lilly have probably been in conflict for quite some time. I guess Hisao can take steps to soften the conflict, but the fires will always be there. And there would be costs.

Like Shizune refusing to let Mischa join you two during *coughplaytimecough* if you dare to try to have her make amends with Lilly.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Rivan wrote:I guess Hisao can take steps to soften the conflict, but the fires will always be there. And there would be costs.

Like Shizune refusing to let Mischa join you two during *coughplaytimecough* if you dare to try to have her make amends with Lilly.
That would suck. Everybody knows that Risk is boring with only two players. :(
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

Panty Supervisor wrote:
Rivan wrote:I guess Hisao can take steps to soften the conflict, but the fires will always be there. And there would be costs.

That would suck. Everybody knows that Risk is boring with only two players. :(
Indeed. Not enough satisfaction once you conquer the world and stuff.

Not to mention Shizune's probably so good at it that it's only fair if it's two on one.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

I'm surprised Shizune doesn't go for Axis and Allies. It seems like she would like that more than Risk.
(20 bucks she would play as Axis, too).
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios