Shizune's Path Direction Complete

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Bara

Re: Shizune's Path Direction Complete

Post by Bara »

Well this is some damn good news! I'd love to see the final release before the Christmas/New Years holiday so that people can play it while on vacation, but I'd still rather it be released later if the choice was to get it "fast" or get it "later and done right".

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
hNerion

Post by hNerion »

SUPERARYAN wrote:No idea if I'm excited or not. I'm going off to the military in a couple weeks and I was hoping to play this before I left. Hopefully it'll get finished before then so I can have at least SOME time with it.
oh shit i thought i was the only one o.o
o.o
waiting.....

Post by Guest »

This is the best news I've heard all year.
Yurei

Post by Yurei »

Great news, thanks!
Mogami-kun

Post by Mogami-kun »

I just woke up 8 minutes ago, read this first thing after turning the PC on and I don't have any lectures or seminars at the university today. Fantastic day!

The game as a Christmas present would be the best in 5 years, and a January release would be the best birthday present I can think of in realistic terms.

I can't imagine how those feel, who have been waiting since the beginning.
"100%"
My final ranking: Hanako >>> Lilly > (Misha >) Shizune > Rin > Emi.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Guest wrote:end of the month is a sweet dream but it won't happen
editing alone will take at least a month
then playtesting should take a month or more
so i doubt even a 2011 release is all that possible
Editing takes place concurrently with writing. As soon as an act or chunk of writing is complete, it's edited, and then after editing the visual direction is done (as after editing, the text won't change much afterwards and can therefore have sprites, CGs and VFX cued). The visual direction is basically the last step before a section of the game is considered final. This is a slightly simplified model of the development process though.
thewizardninja

Post by thewizardninja »

Suriko wrote:
Editing takes place concurrently with writing. As soon as an act or chunk of writing is complete, it's edited, and then after editing the visual direction is done (as after editing, the text won't change much afterwards and can therefore have sprites, CGs and VFX cued). The visual direction is basically the last step before a section of the game is considered final. This is a slightly simplified model of the development process though.
And that places the expected date of release at.........
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

thewizardninja wrote:
Suriko wrote:
And that places the expected date of realease at.........
When it's done.

If they had a release date, they'd probably announce it, unless they didn't feel like telling us... in which case... they don't feel like telling us!
SilverCitizen

Post by SilverCitizen »

Had a little mini spasm seeing this. Awesome news.
You guys are at the home stretch! Stay strong! I won't even get mad if this gets slightly delayed into 2012. Early 2012. Early early 2012.
This would make the best Christmas present though. I'd feel more excited for this than the 3ds I'm asking for. That's right, this is more valuable than a $200 3ds zelda bundle.
I have to think about this one carefully...

Post by Guest »

I confused my brother by yelling in excitement.
Fricken' only game that ever made me yelp for joy.
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

Oh god, so this may actually happen while I'm still young and hormonal enough to enjoy it? :shock:

I'd be ecstatic if it came out sometime around christmas, of course...what better way to spend the holidays than celebrating with family and getting to enjoy the company of our lovely disabled ladies? Then again, we've waited so long for this, I think one or two months more won't kill us. At least not in the literal sense.

Anyway, congrats, you guys! Must be nice to know that the project you've been working on for so long is finally close to completion. :D
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Jaksio

Post by Jaksio »

What i can say. Thank you for really awesome news and i can't wait till you announce release date.

Now if you excuse me, I really need to go and change my pants.
purple haired Katawa Shoujo character

Post by purple haired Katawa Shoujo character »

Welp, game's complete. Now to sit back and wait for that precious download link.
Yukimi

Post by Yukimi »

Now that the game is mostlydone, could you tell us arpoximately how long do you think it will take a person to finish all paths if it's not rude to ask. I'm curious if this will be a long, medium or short game (well, I doubt it will be short XP) and it will help me plan for when it's released how much time I have to save for playing it :P
Shizune=Akira > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin (but all of them have a place in my heart and some other more interesting locations XP).
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Latest wordcount clocked in at more than 485 thousands - that's including all of Act 1 too, but still, it should give you an idea. Act 1 alone is very approximately 15-20% or so of the full game.

For further comparison, Fate/Stay Night is ~800,000 words and Clannad is ~600,000 words.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.