What Emi does for Rin

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

purple haired Katawa Shoujo character

What Emi does for Rin

Post by purple haired Katawa Shoujo character »

So we know Emi helps Rin get dressed and help her with her period, but what else do you think Emi does for Rin?
G3n0c1de

Re: What Emi does for Rin

Post by G3n0c1de »

From their rooftop lunch scene, it looks like she makes sure Rin eats.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Apparantly she helps Rin with some of the dressing parts (Rin admitted she has trouble with shirts and I don't even want to think about how she gets that tie on correctly) and she's there to occasionally remind Rin to eat or sleep. The devs did mention that it's mostly convenience and that Rin can actually dress herself if she needs to.
traitor

Post by traitor »

imagine getting jock itch and having no hands, never fear, emi is here.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Guest Poster wrote:I don't even want to think about how she gets that tie on correctly
Maybe the tie isn't real and Rin just painted it on her shirt.
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Panty Supervisor wrote: Maybe the tie isn't real and Rin just painted it on her shirt.
Or perhaps it's a feminist conspiracy to confuse and destabilize the male population. The tie might not be a tie at all; it could a a cleverly disguised poisonous snake, for sneak attacks.
OneMore

Post by OneMore »

Brogurt wrote:The tie might not be a tie at all; it could a a cleverly disguised poisonous snake, for sneak attacks.
Three words: Sneak attack, bitch! :twisted:
WoopSlim

Post by WoopSlim »

Brogurt wrote:
Panty Supervisor wrote: Maybe the tie isn't real and Rin just painted it on her shirt.
Or perhaps it's a feminist conspiracy to confuse and destabilize the male population. The tie might not be a tie at all; it could a a cleverly disguised poisonous snake, for sneak attacks.
Oh, God this bitches have predicted everything, all men are doomed. Hope it is a weed-snake, which will make you high when it bites you.
derp
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Looking back, she could be getting her hair cut by Emi. Could have I seen a shimmie about it?
And she could definitely wash her back from time to time.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Oh, Emi does Rin all the time, BOW CHIKA BOW BOW :wink:

As for what Emi does for Rin... Well, I assume that aside from helping her dress up and perhaps a few other matters related to personal hygiene and maintenance, most of her job is to be an anchor in reality for a girl who'd fly away into deep space without one. Like, I assume that Emi is the one who usually goes out to look for Rin when the later decides to go on a walk and forgets about going back because she saw some interesting clouds or something.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
onethousandyen

Post by onethousandyen »

Implying Emi and Rin are in the same class (can't remember that being mentioned in Act1): I could also imagine Emi copying her notes she took in class to give them Rin. I mean… wouldn't taking notes be hard for someone who has no hands?
Also raising your hand to signal you want to say something during lessons is impossible for poor Rin-chan. What would she do without some help there?

…it is common to raise your hand, isn't it?…
Image <- coincidence? °L_°
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

onethousandyen wrote:…it is common to raise your hand, isn't it?…
[shimmie]658[/shimmie]

:mrgreen:
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

onethousandyen wrote:I mean… wouldn't taking notes be hard for someone who has no hands?
From an ancient thread:
cpl_crud wrote:It's easy enough for her to take some notes, plus she could have larger textbooks and such.
Rin is dextrous enough to paint with her feet. She should also be able to write.
onethousandyen wrote:Also raising your hand to signal you want to say something during lessons is impossible for poor Rin-chan. What would she do without some help there?
…it is common to raise your hand, isn't it?…
Aside from Rin just raising her foot, there are other ways for her to get around this. She could simply call out 'Sensei.' Remember, Yamaku is a specialized facility with staff trained for this sort of thing. Rin and her teacher probably worked this out at the beginning of the semester or so.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

onethousandyen wrote:could also imagine Emi copying her notes she took in class to give them Rin. I mean… wouldn't taking notes be hard for someone who has no hands?
OR she could do what 90% of university students do and use a tape recorder to record lectures.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Worthington wrote:OR she could do what 90% of university students do and use a tape recorder to record lectures.
I've never seen anybody do that. :?

Rin doesn't seems to me like the kind of person who would study hard for exams. I guess she just memorizes what she finds to be interesting and doesn't bother with learning the other stuff (unless Emi forces her to do so).
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin