Rin's Path Direction Complete

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
DaMan65

Re: Rin's Path Direction Complete

Post by DaMan65 »

We're coming closer to the end of our waiting folks.

I hope and pray it will all be worth it.
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Saving the best for last. And when the game is released, I'll be doing the same thing.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Red_Machine

Post by Red_Machine »

Keep up the great work, guys!
Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune>Rin
Duncan Idaho

Post by Duncan Idaho »

That's great! It's a bit bittersweet for me, though, as I'll be in Basic Training when the game is likely released (I ship in less than a month), so I won't have access to the game for a while after it's released anyway. At least I'll have something to look forward to, though.
I fight for the users

Also:
Shizune = Lilly > Emi > Misha > ... > Rin = Hanako
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Words cannot describe my excitement.

I have a sneaking suspicion at a "New Year's Eve" release though... :P
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
Dax

Post by Dax »

Amazingly well done! Definently looking forward to this.
Keep up the great work! :D
Guest000

Post by Guest000 »

The one thing which irks me just a little bit with how Rin's character is treated is how it is implied that Emi helps her out with....things (even that). It's a bit inaccurate IMO. It's also a little irritating to assume Rin would never use her stubs.
I have a friend with the EXACT same disease/deformity as Rin. She uses her stubs to play videogames (yes it's possible) type on a computer, write and draw with her hands. In addition, she can use the restroom by herself.

I guess it's just frustrating to look at Rin's character when you know it just does not work that way. Oh well. Regardless, still love her.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Guest000 wrote:... She uses her stubs to play videogames (yes it's possible) type on a computer, write and draw with her hands. In addition, she can use the restroom by herself...
So she does have hands. Afair Rin doesn't.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Keikuina

Post by Keikuina »

Yaaaay~
Since Rin's my favorite, it makes me really happy inside C:
Also looking forward to seeing Shizune's!

Now, gotta get rid of this laziness of mine someday soon so I can draw some Rin fan art ( o uo)
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Guest000 wrote:The one thing which irks me just a little bit with how Rin's character is treated is how it is implied that Emi helps her out with....things (even that). It's a bit inaccurate IMO. It's also a little irritating to assume Rin would never use her stubs.
I have a friend with the EXACT same disease/deformity as Rin. She uses her stubs to play videogames (yes it's possible) type on a computer, write and draw with her hands. In addition, she can use the restroom by herself.
Rin's birth defect resulted in her arms being amputated between the shoulder and elbow. She has no hands or fingers for grasping. This is why she does mostly everything with her feet.

And her mouth.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

I'd say that this is one of those milestones that we've been definitely waiting for. And, it can only get better from here. :mrgreen:

Go devs!
Guest000

Post by Guest000 »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Guest000 wrote:The one thing which irks me just a little bit with how Rin's character is treated is how it is implied that Emi helps her out with....things (even that). It's a bit inaccurate IMO. It's also a little irritating to assume Rin would never use her stubs.
Rin's birth defect resulted in her arms being amputated between the shoulder and elbow. She has no hands or fingers for grasping. This is why she does mostly everything with her feet.

And her mouth.
I realized I said "hands", but I just mistyped. My friend doesn't have fingers either.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Guest000 wrote:I realized I said "hands", but I just mistyped. My friend doesn't have fingers either.
I'm curious, how does your friend do these dexterity intensive tasks without fingers?
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

I can see the ending.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Guest000

Post by Guest000 »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Guest000 wrote:I realized I said "hands", but I just mistyped. My friend doesn't have fingers either.
I'm curious, how does your friend do these dexterity intensive tasks without fingers?
Well, like Rin, her arms end where her elbows begin. As difficult as it might be to imagine, she can use a videogame controller. She can press buttons and type with the ends of her stubs. She's had to navigate through these things since birth, so of course she's used to it and it's second-nature to her. She's even beaten me at fighting games before and texts me all the time on her cellphone. When she writes, she uses both of her stubs to hold a pencil to write....it's actually not difficult at all for her to do these things.

I'm not sure how she goes to the bathroom though to be honest. I just know she CAN and DOES go by herself because whenever we hang out, like at the mall or in restaurants, she'll use the restroom by herself.