Katawa Brides

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
Blueberry

Katawa Brides

Post by Blueberry »

So, as seen here: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2976 people are talking about what kind of brides the girls would be. Someone wanted a drawing of them in gowns, so here you guys go:

http://theblueberryblanket.deviantart.c ... -199537644

Did I get the personalities right? Do they match the dresses? Tell me what'cha think. I'm always open for criticism.
Caesius

Re: Katawa Brides

Post by Caesius »

Rin's outfit looks absolutely amazing (see: breasts), but it also looks out of place. I guess that may have been the intention.

I like the way you portray Emi with her hair down. I didn't recognize her at first.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Maybe 'brides' isn't the right term to use here. Since with the exception of Lilly, none of these look like wedding dresses. Rather more on the lines of what they'd wear to a fancy party. So maybe evening gown, would be more appropriate.

As for the art itself, Proportions are a little out of whack, but that could just be the dress style you chose for the character. (Ie, Lilly and Rin appear to be the only ones with a bust.) However, thats not really that big of a deal.

The only thing that i can say that is 'wrong' with this, is Emi's eyes. There is something 'off' about them. Maybe it's that there too far apart or something. I dunno, it's hard to explain.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Snicket wrote:The only thing that i can say that is 'wrong' with this, is Emi's eyes. There is something 'off' about them. Maybe it's that there too far apart or something. I dunno, it's hard to explain.
Yep, Emi's tiny lil' nose lost in the sea of space between her eyes. Took reading your post to be able to verbalize it. It was just a nagging sense of 'something isn't right' till then.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Palas

Post by Palas »

If you look for enough time, you'll notice that Emi's a little squint. Not focused. Whatever. But I also didn't like Rin's outfit much, even if it IS overwhelmingly cute. It's something about her breasts. It's weird, somehow.

Nice job here, though.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
bintoy

Post by bintoy »

Hanako's frigging perfect. so cute. :mrgreen:

Lilly seems too slim. but that sure looked exactly like Lilly.

they're all the same height? :?

good job all in all anyway. I always think if it's pleasing to my eyes, then I say it's good art.
heresy grows from idleness! -warhammer space marine
jackdarktemplar

Post by jackdarktemplar »

Apart everything everyone said, I guess I'm having trouble to see Lilly with a cross on her wedding dress. It's idealistic, but really, which girl will do that? I guess a blind one. Also, I believe the freaking psico of Shizune would marry without the glasses!
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Lilly is officially of mixed Japanese and Westerner heritage, looking not Japanese at all. From Shimmie clues/hints/red herrings, her father is Japanese and her mother is a westerner (and hot).

Both Lilly and her mother have been depicted wearing crosses in Shimmie drawings made by devs:
[shimmie]1768[/shimmie]
[shimmie]1778[/shimmie]

It's likely Lilly is Christian, possibly Catholic.
This would have Lilly achieve the trifecta of Beautiful Blind Schoolgirl/Japanese Schoolgirl/Catholic Schoolgirl.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

It'll be a superfecta if you include Lesbian Schoolgirl.