World's First Double-Leg Transplant

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: World's First Doublee-Leg Transplant

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Apparently in this case there weren't any alternatives- if you don't count using a wheelchair for the rest of your life as an alternative. For prosthetics to be attached there has to be a minimum of your own legs remaining, so that wasn't possible for that patient. I too would probably prefer prosthetics to transplants, but transplants are definitely better than no legs at all.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sajomir

Re: World's First Double-Leg Transplant

Post by Sajomir »

DESU wrote:
Panty Supervisor wrote:Yeah guys, just one problem: Where does she get a pair of legs? I mean, she loves running, so she needs really strong, flexible legs. The legs of somebody who uses them a lot. Where in the world would she find a person with such legs?

Oh...
But then Rin wouldn't have any legs either, meaning she'd just be a torso with a head.

...I fear I have fueled someone's imagination and that will appear in the shimmie. Please prove me wrong.
How did you think Rin fits in those bins?
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

sorry for necroing this but now shizune can be considered half cured :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -time.html
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Not necessarily.
It says the device works by amplifying eardrum vibrations, so it probably won't work for all kinds of deafness.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

The article says she used hearing aids since she was a toddler and she is quoted as saying hearing aids only help so much, so apparently she was never totally deaf, just severe to profound hearing loss is mentioned. Would the device work for someone that suffers from total deafness? Doesn't seem likely from what is posted at Envoy's site, even thier commercial makes it pretty clear that is just treatment for hearing loss and not a cure for deafness. If an actual cure for deafness had been developed I imagine it would be widely announced in global media markets. I'm glad it's made her happy but it makes me mad that some in the media is making it out to be something it's not. There will likely be a lot of hopeful deaf people let down when they learn the truth from thier doctors thanks to this sort of shoddy journalism.
http://www.envoymedical.com/
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

thats what i get for not reading it fully...

wonder if i can get it though... be nice not to use a hearing aid
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
DarkMeph

Post by DarkMeph »

It depends on how well he responds to treatment it could go horrible wrong for him. I heard some a group was doing research using nano bots to help deaf people hear.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios