Shock Cocoon: Gascoyne

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

dark_mass_3

Shock Cocoon: Gascoyne

Post by dark_mass_3 »

I found this trailer for an american visual novel on /a/ a few days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/user/StudioNihi

Is the ks team involved with this at all? I really like their art. It looks pretty scarey.
scott1and

Re: Shock Cocoon: Gascoyne

Post by scott1and »

......oh dear god.

saying that, it does look rather good, in both quality and the story itself. One to watch.
Juno

Post by Juno »

The writing is really bad, no wonder they started looking for other writers.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Okay, that bit towards the end? At about 8:50? That genuinely surprised me.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Juno wrote:The writing is really bad, no wonder they started looking for other writers.
Looking for new writers, eh? Got a link to that announcement (if there is one)? I'm a bit interested.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

dark_mass_3 wrote:Is the ks team involved with this at all?
According to their staff page, no. Not unless some of our devs are using a different name on that team.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Worthington wrote:Looking for new writers, eh? Got a link to that announcement (if there is one)? I'm a bit interested.
Saw a thread from them on /a/ asking for two writers some days ago (maybe the day after that trailer was made public?) so as you know I can't really link anything. If you are interested you can always contact them directly.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

They found two writers, one of whom was behind Dandelion Girl.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Right. Writing is not very good. Also directing. Maybe they could get some pointers from Delta.
Can't say anything about story or characters as you don't see much of either in the trailer.
Also, it's worrying if the first huh-moment occurs within the first ten minutes of the VN:
If you follow someone - not much more than a minute behind - and find them hanging from a rope, they should a) still be swinging and b) not dead yet (except if they broke their neck).
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Yukimi

Post by Yukimi »

I really liked it. It has a lot of potential. I'll be sure to play it when it's released :)
Shizune=Akira > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin (but all of them have a place in my heart and some other more interesting locations XP).
Palas

Post by Palas »

Art is amazing, so is the music. However, the sequence of pictures doesn't really match the flow of the story and the writing is very irregular, from unnecessarily poetic to simply inadequate. Then again, the story seems to be kick-ass.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

i still can't figure out that the story is about.
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

Loving that spelling.

Seems like they spent a ton of time and effort on making the art... and about 3 seconds on writing it.

Wonderful.

If it's released in a state like that, I think I might take it upon myself to re-write the whole thing to justify the art.
Qaenyin

Post by Qaenyin »

This could end up spectacular if they had some writers.

I get the impression this is more of an art demo sample than an actual trailer, to try and attract writers who share Limbless' sentiments heh.
Wreckusu

Post by Wreckusu »

My god is the writing terribad. No wonder they were looking for new writers, it reads like a 12 year old's fanfiction currently. It reeks of someone trying too hard to make everything sound all mysterious and creepy, but the result is something that's forced and confusing.

Oh and why add the "Gascoyne" on to the title, it's completely unnecessary and makes it sound stupid.