Katawa Roadtrip! Chapter 6 up!

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Worthington

Katawa Roadtrip! Chapter 6 up!

Post by Worthington »

For some reason I seem to have caught the fanfic bug. This piece is going to be fairly long. How long, I have no idea. Anyway, here's the first chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Katawa Roadtrip

Chapter 1

“H-Hisao.”

I recognize that voice. I would recognize that voice anywhere. I turn my head back slightly;

“Hanako? What’s up? You’re stuttering again; is something wrong?”

In the few months we’ve been dating, the change that’s taken place in Hanako is remarkable. One could barely recognize her anymore. She’d come out of her shell so much that it was remarkable. She started talking to people, she cut off her bangs, she started coming back to class, she was more confident; she was leading a better life. It makes me smile to think that I’ve helped change someone’s life so much so, for the better.

“Hisao…we need to talk,” the slightest hint of trepidation creeps into her voice. I turn to face her completely.

Although I recognize her voice, it seems that’s the only thing I recognize about her anymore. She cut her hair even more, now it’s just a crop that barely reaches her ears. She’s eschewed the school uniform for a tight corset, shin high lace up boots, short pants, long grunge-y gloves; the full punk regalia. She even got an eyebrow piercing. In place of hiding her tattoos she flaunts them, daring anyone to challenge her. She’s started skipping classes again, though not to go to the library this time. She’s exchanged her books for garage band concerts, traded in Lilly for a group of tattooed punks; the only thing she’s kept is me. The one who gave her this confidence. Too much confidence, maybe.

“What do we need to talk about?”

“Listen, Hisao…it’s been great, it really has. I appreciate all that you’ve done for me-“

No.

No this can’t be happening.

Not Hanako.

“-but we’re too different, you and I. We don’t go together anymore. We’re not going anywhere. We’ve become stale, boring-“

She can’t be doing this.

I knew she’d changed, but changed this much?

“-so I think we should move on. Y’know?’

Hanako Ikezewa can’t be breaking up with ME!

“No.” I can feel that familiar tightening in my chest, along with a new feeling. Another feeling I haven’t felt in a long time. It permeates my entire body until I start to tremble.

The feeling is rage.

“What?” Hanako seems almost startled by what I’ve said.

“No. You can’t break up with me,” I’m getting angrier by the second. I slam my hands down on the desk, startling her, “YOU CAN’T BREAK UP WITH ME! YOU NEED ME!”

How could she do this to me? How could shy, sweet Hanako break up with me? She was always so afraid of everyone, she was always so reliant, so dependent on me. And now she’s breaking up with me?

“Oh?” She raises an eyebrow quizzically, arrogantly, provocatively. I feel like she’d physically take it up with me if I press the issue further. In my state, she would probably win, too. All the anger dissipates, leaving me feeling tired and drained. I fall down and slump back into my seat. Above, Hanako stands with a cocky look on her face, triumphant and smug.

“That’s what I thought.” She seems so different, so unlike Hanako in that moment; but it still hurts. It hurts so much.

“Please…please don’t leave me,” It’s barely a whisper, but she hears it. For a second what looks like pity flashes across her face; maybe it’s just recognition, maybe in that moment, I remind her of herself. But soon it disappears. She’s back to being New Hanako again.

“I’m sorry Hisao. I thought we could end this on good terms, but apparently we can’t.” With that she turns on her heel abruptly and leaves the tea room.

I sink into my chest, and whimper. The trembling stops, but the pain in my chest remains. It’s not arrhythmia; it’s heartbreak. Soon the trembling is overtaken by racking, shuddering sobs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Really, the story isn't this sad. It's quite funny actually. The set up is just a tad depressing, that's all.
Also, punk rock Hanako is totally hawt, mirite?
Last edited by Worthington on Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
Mirage_GSM

Re: Katawa Roadtrip!

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Good writing.
Can't say I like the new Hanako though...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

You're not meant to.
She's a nice enough gal from outside Hisao's point of view.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Magnesium Ninja Studios
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

That bitch :mrgreen: Good start though, I'd like to see where this goes.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I've always wondered how many people are Hana-fags because they expect her to be submissive and emotionally dependent on Hisao. Good for her. :D

Drop that zero and get with the hero.
Attachments
coolasice1.jpg
coolasice1.jpg (26.7 KiB) Viewed 8628 times
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

kosherbacon wrote:I've always wondered how many people are Hana-fags because they expect her to be submissive and emotionally dependent on Hisao.
being socially awkward and generally shy is moe
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

kosherbacon wrote:I've always wondered how many people are Hana-fags because they expect her to be submissive and emotionally dependent on Hisao. Good for her. :D

Drop that zero and get with the hero.
How beta are you that you would just let your girl leave without putting up any resistance?
Or would that be considered omega?

Anyway I hope that Kenji gets involved in this somehow. I feel like he could only make the scenario better.
>implying that's hard to do

God I'm so negative
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Brogurt wrote: How beta are you that you would just let your girl leave without putting up any resistance?
No less beta than picking a girl because you'd expect to get a pat on the back from "fixing" her emotional issues, then curling up into a big ball of BAAAAWWWW when she realizes how lame her boyfriend is.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

kosherbacon wrote: then curling up into a big ball of BAAAAWWWW
Worthington wrote: The feeling is rage.
>BAW
>rage
>the same thing
okay
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Well he does start sobbing at the very end, I'm just sayin...
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

I was promised a road trip.

Where is my road trip?
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Brogurt wrote: Anyway I hope that Kenji gets involved in this somehow. I feel like he could only make the scenario better.
Eeyup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 2

An intrusive knocking sound startles me, bringing me out of my reverie.

“Bro, open up.”

Goddamnit Kenji. Of all the days you could’ve annoyed me on you choose this one? I’m really not in the mood to put up with your shit. I just know that he’s going to chastise me for falling for the feminist plot, or fly into a rage because his brother in arms was destroyed by the feminazis. I’m not in any condition to deal with either.

“Bro, why didn’t you open up?” Kenji asks, his head a scant few centimetres behind mine.

“AAAAAAAUGH!” I jump back startled. For the second time today, my chest tightens. At this rate, I won’t survive the week. I take a moment to recover, then ask; “Kenji, how the hell did you get in my room?”

He smiles in that nonchalant way of his, “Oh, I just walked in dude. You left your door unlocked.” The smile changes to a frown, changing mood in that manic way only Kenji can, “You should be more careful, man. The feminists’ll get you if you let your guard slip like this all the time.”

I really didn’t need to be reminded about feminists right now. I don’t think I can be reminded of anything without thinking about her, about Hanako…

I let out a deep, shuddering sigh; “It’s too late, Kenji. The feminists got me. I’m beat.”

“WHAT?!” He roars, “NO MAN! THIS IS BAD! THIS IS REALLY BAD!”

“Kenji, calm down.” To my surprise he does. He leans against the wall as I tell him of the events that transpired today. He stands in silence and takes it all in. When I’m finished I look up, and I’m surprised to see a genuinely sympathetic look on Kenji’s face.

That’s rough, buddy.

“Yeah, tell me about it.”

A grin suddenly lights up Kenji’s face; the only thing missing from the picture is a shining lightbulb above his head.

“I know, dude. I’ll help you get over this, as only two men can-“

Oh god.

“With pizza and booze.”

Better.

“Do you have pizza and booze, Kenji?”

Kenji almost looks offended; “I always have pizza and booze. How dare you malign my honour such.”

“Alright, sorry. So…where is the pizza and booze?”

Kenji pulls out a bottle of Night Train from within his coat, which looks far too large to have actually fit in there.

“Well, there’s the booze. Where’s the pizza?”

“Out in the hall.”

“Why is the pizza out in the hall?”

“See, I was bringing it over to pay you back for fronting me the money for pizza one time. I told you I’d pay you back in stuff.”

I’m honestly a bit stunned by this continuing stream of gestures of friendship from Kenji. The thought actually makes me smile, before I realize Kenji didn’t answer my question.

“That’s great, really. But why did you leave it in the hall?”

“I thought it’d be rude to bring it into your room unannounced.”

“Yet breaking into it is totally fine?”

“We’re brothers in arms. Regular rules of property do not apply during wartime.”

Kenji is back to being Kenji, again, it seems. I sense there’s no use in arguing with him, so I just concede his point.

“Alright, bring the pizza in.”

Kenji’s grin almost takes in his ears.

“LET THE MANLY PARTY BEGIN!”

Several hours later, Kenji and I lay half-sitting, half lying on my bed; both of us quite drunk and quite full. Hanako is the farthest thing from my mind. Despite Kenji’s usual ranting, amplified by the low-end fortified wine, I’m finding his company quite pleasant.

“-You and me, Hisao. We’re brothers, man. Seriously dude,” he’s starting to sniffle, “I love you man. Really, I do. You’re the best friend I’ve had in like, forever.”

Oh god, don’t tell me Kenji is going to have an emotional moment. I thought I was the one who was meant to cry and get over my problems.

“-I mean the whole conspiracy thing is, really, an act man. You know it, I know it. No one can be that crazy, man. But it’s the only way I could do it man. I loved her, man, and she left me. It’s just the only way I could cope man-“

Oh god, I seriously can’t believe this. He’s starting to cry.

This was meant to be a manly party for god’s sake.

“-and no one even takes me seriously anymore. Except you, man. You’ve been a true friend. You’re the only one that hasn’t left.” He tries to drape his arm around my shoulder, but the sudden emotional outpouring has put me on edge. I try to back away from him but I fall off the bed.

“Hisao!” Kenji’s shocked face looms over me.

Everything seems to be moving in slow motion, I can feel the air rushing past my cheek, my floor rushing up to greet me, but most of all; a pervading sense of déjà vu. Like this has happened before, in some alternate reality, in some other manly party, perhaps a manly picnic. All these thoughts rush through my head befor-

*SPLAT*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:mrgreen: hah, meta-humour.
Goldilurks wrote:I was promised a road trip.

Where is my road trip?
It's coming in the next chapter, yo.

Speaking of which, if anyone is interested in proofreading for me, would you mind dropping me a line?
Last edited by Worthington on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Magnesium Ninja Studios
Mirage_GSM

Re: Katawa Roadtrip! Chapter 2 up!

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It's not like you need much proofreading, but:
...both of us quite drunk...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Morph

Post by Morph »

*SPLAT*
Where does this sound come from?
Is his bed so high up? Or is Kenji trying to wake him up by emptying the bottle on his face?
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Morph wrote:
*SPLAT*
Where does this sound come from?
Is his bed so high up? Or is Kenji trying to wake him up by emptying the bottle on his face?
Hisao threw up when he hit the ground, and then the vomit landed on his face.

Magnesium Ninja Studios