State of the Shoujo... so far

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

G3n0c1de

Re: State of the Shoujo... so far

Post by G3n0c1de »

Kazuki wrote:I'd hope so, or else the chance of Katawa Shoujo meeting it's predicted 2011 release date is pretty much shot.
Come on guys, we've still got a little less than a third of the year left. Have some faith.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Yukimi

Post by Yukimi »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Kazuki wrote:I'd hope so, or else the chance of Katawa Shoujo meeting it's predicted 2011 release date is pretty much shot.
Come on guys, we've still got a little less than a third of the year left. Have some faith.
I think I remember that the devs said that they thought beta-testing would take around 3 months... I'm not sure if I remember right (in fact, I'm pretty convinced with dedicated players it will probably be way shorter and my memory sucks anyway)... but I guess that's why we are all pretty frantic. If it's really 2-3 months or a similar period of time for beta-testing, if the devs want to release the game this year, they don't have slightly less than a third but just a pair of motnhs at most. I guess that's why they are working their asses off working right now instead of pandering to the masses XP

Disclaimer: My meory REALLY sucks. It probably was 3 weeks instead of 3 months and I just wrote bullshit,
Shizune=Akira > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin (but all of them have a place in my heart and some other more interesting locations XP).
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Beta length is pretty variable, so it's not easy to give a specific timeframe for. The quality of the beta testers will determine a lot, and the amount of issues that are found.
Chosen one blah blah Fear me blah blah

Post by Chosen one blah blah Fear me blah blah »

Hopefully with some dedicated Beta-Testers it'll go through really fast. Also, I feel like a game like KS won't have too many bugs, since its not a Fallout type creation.
trekki859

Post by trekki859 »

just your freindly neigborhood reminder. less then a quarter of the year left. from the random observer who checks in once a week, IE me. the dead blog coupled with the date, screams that we wont be getting the game till next year, personaly I DONT CARE. we get it when we get it and ill be happy with it. but it would be nice to get an update or two no?
in the wise words of Jack O'neill ..."what?"
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Suriko wrote:Shizune's act 3 writing and direction is complete.

No comment on anything else though, other than that we are on track to release this year.
How about this?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

trekki859 wrote:just your freindly neigborhood reminder. less then a quarter of the year left.
12/3 = 4.

Months until next year = 3.63.

We have the rest of September, October, November, then December.

So yeah, a little less than a third. If we were in mid October then it would be less than a quarter. I'd say that this is plenty of time for them to finish, do the beta, and release it.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

A christmas release becomes so much more likely with each passing day... :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Dammit, I have until December before the army takes me. This would suck so much for me.
Then again, maybe the knowledge that I'll be able to return home for a full release of this game would make boot camp a little easier...
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

do the beta
I can see the reactions on a "we need volunteers for a beta test" thread now. Fastest growing thread ever.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

That's why it won't happen.
Has been stated several times in the past.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

As the date grows closer, so is my impatience; can't seem to stop praying every time I enter this site =.="...
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
Slyder

Post by Slyder »

Well, it's good to see progress, I visit the dev blog almost everyday and it's been almost 2 months since the last update.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

While I do admit to checking most days for updates, the fact that it is coming sooner rather than later and that updates come at a steady pace is keeping me at bay for the now....well, that and the fanart and fanfiction which can be pretty good at times
Kazuki

Post by Kazuki »

Goldilurks wrote:
do the beta
I can see the reactions on a "we need volunteers for a beta test" thread now. Fastest growing thread ever.
I'll never get why so many people jump at the opportunity to beta test. It's just gonna ruin the experience for you when the full game comes out, as you'll already know pretty much everything in the game.
"The only law you need is a gun and a good aim."