Some questions in bulk

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Sajomir

Re: Questions for the devs

Post by Sajomir »

Verett wrote:Necrophilian this thread I see
Mirage_GSM wrote:3.) I don't think an Anime adaption is likely, but you asked how the devs would feel about it. Can't help you there ;-)
Perhaps a fanmade one? HISAO'S WACKY CRIPPLE ADVENTURES, NOW WITH MORE CRIPPLES. I'd watch it.
Seeing as I'm currently going through the process of making a simple walk cycle, I can almost definitely say "no thank you" to a fan animated version. Not only is animation time-consuming, but you'd have to live up to the expectations of... well, these guys XD

Unless you're talking about little flash videos, of which we've already seen a few. Those may pop up from time to time.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
G3n0c1de

Re: Some questions in bulk

Post by G3n0c1de »

ReinerSkye wrote:The problem is Katawa Shoujo is not a great story. It's FIVE great stories. An anime would end up being a horrible trainwreck hodgepodge of all of them, or it would be in omnibus format and be 5 super short super shallow stories.
There are animes based on VNs that have worked out, such as FS/N. They could do that, and only show one of the routes with some modifications. Hell, if it's popular enough they could do five seasons, one for each girl. They could also do a slice of life sort of thing where Hisao won't get into a relationship, but will have the girls constantly vying for him a la Tenchi.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
ReinerSkye

Post by ReinerSkye »

Maybe I'm just bitter because the school days anime ruined the VN for me even though I didn't watch it. Friggin people spreading spoilers -_-
I'd love to see an anime where they do one girl per season but I kinda doubt it will ever happen.
Hanako = Rin > Lily > Shizune > Kenji > Emi > Misha
SilverCitizen

Post by SilverCitizen »

I'd be okay with a Katawa Shoujo anime using the same format as Amagami SS. 4-5 episodes per girl.
I have to think about this one carefully...
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

G3n0c1de wrote:There are animes based on VNs that have worked out, such as FS/N. They could do that, and only show one of the routes with some modifications. Hell, if it's popular enough they could do five seasons, one for each girl. They could also do a slice of life sort of thing where Hisao won't get into a relationship, but will have the girls constantly vying for him a la Tenchi.
Leaving aside the question IF FS/N worked out...
Doing one season per girl would probably the only way this could not suck, but that would also mean a lot of financial commitment...
I bet most of the devs would veto a "Tenchi-Arc", and rightly so.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

kylone wrote:You mean this absolutely won't happen:
  • Dev team puts in 3 months of beta testing, finding little things that need tweaking throughout.
  • Dev team is satisified that the project is complete and releases it.
  • The next day there's a new thread with 3 pages of things that could use some fixing. Queue the dev team saying "How could have we missed that?!".
:twisted:
On the contrary, I'm quite sure this will happen. People are still providing error reports concerning Act 1, however many months after the fact. But while "perfect" is not gonna happen anytime soon, "good enough for release" is.

Even so, I've read printed books with more and worse typos than our stuff.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
G3n0c1de wrote:There are animes based on VNs that have worked out, such as FS/N. They could do that, and only show one of the routes with some modifications. Hell, if it's popular enough they could do five seasons, one for each girl. They could also do a slice of life sort of thing where Hisao won't get into a relationship, but will have the girls constantly vying for him a la Tenchi.
Leaving aside the question IF FS/N worked out...
Doing one season per girl would probably the only way this could not suck, but that would also mean a lot of financial commitment...
I bet most of the devs would veto a "Tenchi-Arc", and rightly so.
Hard to believe people are still talking about an anime concept.
But I have to say, they were able to make a so-so one using Shuffle! were the episodes rotated between each of the main events that happened during the differing girls's paths; and they ended on a note that didn't definitely pick a girl forever, seeing as they kept playing at the polygamy door. But I would have to vote that the Shuffle! anime style route would probably be the best bet where the VN stands now with Act ! but i'd have to see the finished project *HINT, HINT* to make a more solemn judgement.
Yet the devs have told me probably 50 times there is no anime in the forseeable future; yet we hope to dream. :)
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I only know the shuffle anime and not the VN, but if it's anythiung like, say, Kanon there are quite a lot of scenes that all routes have in common until very late in the VN.
In KS all paths cpmpletely diverge after act 1. There will even be time skips at different points in the story, so mashing it all into one anime path can only lead to disaster imo...
Now, if one were to combine all that with a framework story like Higurashi or even Numbered Days... :twisted:

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Oi, oi, stop bringing that up O.o

Aaaaaanyway... As for an anime, I don't really see it happening. The subject material is touchy enough for a VN, let alone something that'd be put on tv (or direct to DVD, who knows). And even if the KS writers did an amazing job with it, people in general are too easily offended by things outside their comfort zone, so a studio that would want to try this would either need balls of marble and nerves of steel, or enough of a reputation for producing good anime that it'd make no difference. Most likely both.
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
rusPiglets

Post by rusPiglets »

Leotrak wrote:Oi, oi, stop bringing that up O.o
would either need balls of marble and nerves of steel
I think that means that they will have...
balls of steel

I'm sorry :<
Last edited by rusPiglets on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Mirage_GSM wrote:In KS all paths cpmpletely diverge after act 1. There will even be time skips at different points in the story, so mashing it all into one anime path can only lead to disaster imo...
So you're saying that mashing it all into one anime path would... cripple the story?
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Let's simply say it would be a serious handicap for good storytelling...
Last edited by Mirage_GSM on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
rusPiglets

Post by rusPiglets »

Hisao is a complex character, who adapts for every heroine differently. They will have to draw him with... all their heart.
OneMore

Post by OneMore »

Panty Supervisor wrote:So you're saying that mashing it all into one anime path would... cripple the story?
Mirage_GSM wrote:Let's simply say it would be a serious handicap for good storytelling...
rusPiglets wrote:Hisao is a complex character, who adapts for every heroine differently. They will have to draw him with... all their heart.

8) BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!