Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by Shades of gray »

ShadesOfGray, Offically working my I7 920 OC

so... just leave it running now?

*edit* ok, have the generic cpu client and the gpu client running, at a estimate, can do 8-10 WUs a day (gpu doing the fastest work) now, as said above i have a I7 920 thats been (gently) overclocked to 2.8ghz, and 2 zotec 9800gt synergys SLId (only using one atm, lent the second to a friend, will be upgrading to a GTX 550 TI soon)

heck, the GPU client hasnt been in my comp 5 mins and its at 11.9% already...

anyways was wondering if i could get a estimate on how many points to KS that is?
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Kota

Post by Kota »

Kota here, considering moving my new computer from Buttcoins to F@H again. The GPUs are nothing special, but the CPU is killer:

Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz
16GB RAM
2x 6870 in Crossfire
2600k 4.5GHz bigadv folder, occasionally an additional 860 2.8GHz smp folder.
deadering

Post by deadering »

Finished my first WU :3
Kota

Post by Kota »

Christ these bigadv WUs are great.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Holy! How did we get about 95000 points around 3pm PST yesterday? And around 155000 points for the day? :shock:

Good job, whoever is responsible.

(Needless to say, no points from me yesterday; I can only get about 1 work unit every other day…)
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

That would have been Kota, and no, I have no idea how (s)he is doing it.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Kota

Post by Kota »

Holy shit that PPD.

I love my 2600k.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Congratulations, Shades of gray. You are currently 9 points ahead of me. I will not be catching up to you any time soon.

For some reason—maybe the new version of Firefox—my computer isn't folding as quickly as it was a week ago. :?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Griffon8's Writing
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

griffon8 wrote:Congratulations, Shades of gray. You are currently 9 points ahead of me. I will not be catching up to you any time soon.

For some reason—maybe the new version of Firefox—my computer isn't folding as quickly as it was a week ago. :?
lol, you can catch up easy, im not going to be folding for a few days... my PSU is making some god awful rattling, so its time to replace that.

first one of my HDs.. (just died, 300 gigs of data I downlo... i mean... Acquired from a year back)
now my PSU.. was proably the PSU that killed my HD... but my god.. my pc is silent, now all i hear is WhiirrrRRRRrrr constantly.

I think all the folding ive done was stressing the PSU... (it was borderlining my power needs as was) time to upgrade... hmm 800 or 1000 watts should do it (im planning ahead, still have the 560 TI to think about)

I also OCed my I7 920 to 3.4Ghz... so that was another power drain
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

You may be right. Currently I'm 58% of the way through my 28th unit, which will put me at 12987 points, 22 ahead of you if you don't get any more by then.

Every unit I've done has gotten me 481 points. :?

Griffon8's Writing
Shades of gray

Post by Shades of gray »

My PSU has settled down, and I got my second G card back, so I'm back folding for now.

grif, whats your pc specs?

mine are :
CPU : I7 920 @ 3.4Ghz
Motherboard : Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Graphics Card(s) : Zotec Synergy 9800gt x2 (SLI) (upgrading to a Nvidia 560 ti or a Radeon 6970... not decided yet)
6 Gigs of RAM (1600 i think... not certain.. all i know is they have Windows 7 SLI on the side of them)
Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit (will be upgrading to 64 once ive eventually backed up my data)
CoolerMaster 600w PSU (gone dodgy, replace ASAP)
Kota

Post by Kota »

Shades of gray wrote: CPU : I7 920 @ 3.4Ghz
Graphics Card(s) : Zotec Synergy 9800gt x2 (SLI) (upgrading to a Nvidia 560 ti or a Radeon 6970... not decided yet)
6 Gigs of RAM (1600 i think... not certain.. all i know is they have Windows 7 SLI on the side of them)
Win 7 Ultimate 32-bit (will be upgrading to 64 once ive eventually backed up my data)
Dude, a couple of things. 1, Radeon GPUs are terrible for F@H, so expect a drop in PPD if you upgrade to a 6970. They perform admirably in games, though, and absolutely demolish nVidia at bitcoins if you're interested in that. 2, what the hell is with the 6GB RAM and the 32bit OS? That doesn't make a lick of sense; I'm hoping you had 2GB or something and only just recently upgraded. 3, CoolerMaster? Get a Corsair 750w PSU and you'll be good; I've got an 850w powering my 2600k + 2x6870s in Crossfire, and my PSU is still overkill.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Shades of gray wrote:grif, whats your pc specs?
PC? What is this PC you speak of? :P

I've got a three year old MacBook Pro doing the folding. Top of the line at the time, but it's beginning to show its age.

Griffon8's Writing
Shades of gray

Post by Shades of gray »

Kota wrote:
Shades of gray wrote: CPU : I7 920 @ 3.4Ghz
Dude, a couple of things. 1, Radeon GPUs are terrible for F@H, so expect a drop in PPD if you upgrade to a 6970. They perform admirably in games, though, and absolutely demolish nVidia at bitcoins if you're interested in that. 2, what the hell is with the 6GB RAM and the 32bit OS? That doesn't make a lick of sense; I'm hoping you had 2GB or something and only just recently upgraded. 3, CoolerMaster? Get a Corsair 750w PSU and you'll be good; I've got an 850w powering my 2600k + 2x6870s in Crossfire, and my PSU is still overkill.
not to be snarky but you can read whats in the brackets right?
Kota

Post by Kota »

Shades of gray wrote: not to be snarky but you can read whats in the brackets right?
And how would that change anything? I read them and reread them before posting, and I've done so again here. You didn't previously address any advice I posted.