Put yourself in Hisao's shoes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

traitor

Re: Put yourself in Hisao's shoes

Post by traitor »

we doing fan inserts now?

Then I'll be the kid with speech impediment and anger issues, I find out that Lilly is the only person who doesn't seem completely turned off by my strange behavior. Eventually I cling more towards Lilly and start calling her MAMMY. One day some other new guy called Hisao asked her out to the festival, which I respond by running up to him and socking him in the face. Lilly then politely tells me to fuck off, then I flip over a soba stand and end up being expelled.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

traitor wrote:we doing fan inserts now?

Then I'll be the kid with speech impediment and anger issues, I find out that Lilly is the only person who doesn't seem completely turned off by my strange behavior. Eventually I cling more towards Lilly and start calling her MAMMY. One day some other new guy called Hisao asked her out to the festival, which I respond by running up to him and socking him in the face. Lilly then politely tells me to fuck off, then I flip over a soba stand and end up being expelled.
I'm not too sure how to feel about that...
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe..."
-Albert Einstein

Friends are temporary, love is eternal.
Verett

Post by Verett »

No, Lilly is mine and mine forever. I wrote a fanfic about it, it's called ''Lilly is mine and mine forever''. Starring Nick Cage as me.
Swyldp

Post by Swyldp »

Is it bad that I can imagine this so easily?
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

I'll buy a copy of Arkham Horror so Shizune could focus her winning obsession against Nyarlathotep rather than against me, then I'll go out with Misha since she is clearly a bisexual, but I'll secretly woo for the Nurse.
And instead of Hisao I'll try to help Shizune and Lilly come to a truce or at least I'll be a lot more diplomatic (we know no Harem and all but I'm pretty sure one can be pro Shizune without have to trow shit on Lilly and viceversa), I'll be the Council Public Relation instead of Shizune.
I'll be friendly both with Hanako since i like book (yet I'll be a bit stern so she can come off her shiness) and Rin since I like mad people and crazy talk (We can try to find the Question to the Answer about Life, Universe and Everything) but as much as I like Emi I love chocolate and hate physical exercize more.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

I'd walk a mile in Hisao's shoes...

after that who cares? he's a mile away and i have his shoes :lol:

*Lame joke : -10G*
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Shades of gray wrote:I'd walk a mile in Hisao's shoes...

I was waiting for someone to make that joke xD
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi

Post by Guest »

hanako
Censuur

Post by Censuur »

I wonder if I'd qualify with my existing conditions (near blind, bad hearing, diabetes) so I'll leave that for the moment

Due to my competitive nature I'd most likely end up going with Shizune, I don't have the patience to put up with Hanako or Emi. Rin would probably be put off my my overly realistic views on life (I tend to get along really poorly with "artistic" people) I'm overly competitive, manipulative, highly intelligent (regrettably so, I truly wish I was exaggerating) and my own hearing impairment would go along well with Shizune I guess, considering the similarities with Shizune's personality I doubt I'd get along with Lily all too well

As for the side characters, I'd completely ignore Kenji, would upset Misha quite a bit, never visit the nurse, wouldn't pay much attention to Yuuko and harass the teacher
Qaenyin

Post by Qaenyin »

I'd probably pick Hanako or Rin. Hanako because she's peaceful to be around as long as she isn't having an anxiety attack, and Rin because she has an interesting personality and would be a lot of fun.
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

Shades of gray wrote:I'd walk a mile in Hisao's shoes...

Even if he did try to catch up he'd collapse half way and Emi would come after you
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
Bringerof_D

Post by Bringerof_D »

Raiden wrote:
Palas with no patience to log in wrote:Isn't "putting yourself in Hisao's shoes" what you do when you, well, play Katawa Shoujo?
Not entirely. I'm talking in a real life situation as YOURSELF. In the game you may make the choices, but there is still a set storyline to go along with those choices because your playing as Hisao. Think as yourself, not as Hisao. It's YOURSELF in HIS situation.
well then that would require a whole other set of questions. Asking which girl you would or would not brings no new insight into a person that playing the game doesn't.

better question would be would you even be in the mood to find a girlfriend? I probably wouldnt. Think about it, The girl of your dreams confessed to you and you had a heart attack. You now realise you have a bad heart condition. The girl who loved you eventually stopped even coming by for visits. This is essentially the same as if the person you relied on the for support (in this case emotional) isn't there when you need them the most. I would probably be very scarred emotionally...and physically. Once enrolled into Yamaku i would probably be in such low spirits that i wouldn't even have the enthusiasm to say hello to my new classmates. Now i wouldn't become reclusive nor anti social, perhaps to start, but i'd eventually make some friends and that would be it. I'm have very weak social skills and am not very competitive or strong. so right off the bat that bars any chances with Emi the energetic, Shizune the competitive, and lilly the strong willed and honorable types. Misha would just scare me the **** off. Considering love almost killed me and the person i loved eventually gave up on me i'd be pretty damned crazy to get too attached to another one too quickly either.

If at all i would go the same way as i would just playing the game, (i'm intimidated by energetic or strong willed and direct girls, I have a thing for the shy and quiet type where you have an undeniable urge to protect them from things) Hanako being the top choice. It would probably start with me retiring to the library to enjoy a comic book or two as a break from hanging with the dudes only to alert a phantom who will come to investigate this strange new intruder into her library. Eventually a few words may exchange over strange glances which will occur as we make excursions across the invisible border splitting the library between us to grab different books. Over time we will learn the interests of the other and begin conversing about literature. Since books tend to be filled with romance and fantasy, things will slowly develop from there. Of course somewhere along the line a few books may fall from the shelf or someone might fall off a ladder speeding up said process as one might catch or shield the other or otherwise carry or human crutch them to the medical office. Other possibilities include one getting flustered and just holding the others head while screaming for help, bewildered by having no idea what to do; OR one taking off their shirt as a make shift bandage as i am fluent in emergency first aid to be later returned with the fresh scent of lavender detergent. First kiss may involve CPR learned through books due to someone's heart going crazy after someone else said something funny.

like Mogami kun, its that or end up being just good friends with Hanako and Lilly. Even if i have a different disability the result should be about the same barring any major psychological or mental disorders. Being in my line of work i'd opt for missing legs from IEDs or bullet wounds causing major nerve damage, but then again at that point i'd be too old to be going back to high school so i'll stick with Hisao's heart condition.

@traitor: btw i keep thinking that's harry potter with a beer bottle.
~Hello there Kenji, I'm a psychic spy. But dont worry, I know what you're thinking. It wont hurt at all...~
not giveing my name

Post by not giveing my name »

as the following got some info i dont give out about my self.. i not going to say who i am...
but i am new here. :)

how I'd end up in Yamaku.
well let's go with what i relay got.. ( my life suck some times "well no! most of the time..")
that is to say "loss of the lower bowel (large intestine)" from relay bad Ulcerative colitis "not cancer"
the end of the small bowel (small intestine) made in to a Internal Pouch.
so that you need to go to the Bog. every 4 to 6 hours ( can Hold small time, but is Pain full if hold for long time )
and for reasons unknown the Body dose not absorb iron normal so you need to get iron infusions every 4 weeks ,
witch takes about 5 to 6 hours to do...
to Keep your iron count at 10 or so ( normal is level is over 12 ) and with out the iron infusions iron level can drop to 3 in about 1 year... + unfit. + special needs of bad to NO social skill's

sometimes real life makes a better story then story's do..

now who do i end up befriending with and going after
having said i have NO social skill's ( i have the Will to get on with all people ) but at times Shy.
so i'll try to befriend all,

dont like book's but so Hanako is a long shot.. but i can see me and Lilly geting on well and there for geting to know Hanako that way,

down to my unfitness the Nurse have Ems Bug me to get Fit with her.
and i get to know Rin that way.

and Misha & Shizune, are like auto know as Mutou probably got all the new people to work with them.

now that said
i like Misha & Shizune a lot but dont know if i could Cope with the non stop trying to get me to join the student council,
i probably Give in, in the end...

seeing how shy and by her self Hanako is i spend time after geting to know her with the help of Lilly,
so she had a Frend, and i Tell Shizune that i just Could Not let someone like Hanako be alone like that 1 friend is not enuff for someone.

i try to get Lilly and Shizune to get along..

and at some point piss off each one of the Girl's but for rin ( no joke i end up pissing ppl off with out trying to " my skill at foot in mouth is at level 90 or so..")
it be about this time that i ask Misha for what she was at Yamaku for.....
after a bit of time them see that i did not say what ever it was i said to piss them off just to be a ass i just said it the wrong way and we make up them seeing that i relay am someone nice

in the end i think Shizune, would be who i end up with.

off topic WHY IS Misha at Yamaku any how ?????? i'd love to know
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

not giveing my name wrote: off topic WHY IS Misha at Yamaku any how ?????? i'd love to know
My guess is she has no disability that makes her HAVE to go there, she just wants to/ her parents want her to. Remember, the devs said in a dev blog from a while back that Yamaku is NOT a hospital, even normal kids can attend. Which would explain why Hanako is there (she may have scars and a fairly bad case of social-phobia (Fear of social contact), but that would not make her unable to attend a normal school).
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe..."
-Albert Einstein

Friends are temporary, love is eternal.
not giveing my name

Post by not giveing my name »

Raiden wrote:
not giveing my name wrote: off topic WHY IS Misha at Yamaku any how ?????? i'd love to know
My guess is she has no disability that makes her HAVE to go there, she just wants to/ her parents want her to. Remember, the devs said in a dev blog from a while back that Yamaku is NOT a hospital, even normal kids can attend. Which would explain why Hanako is there (she may have scars and a fairly bad case of social-phobia (Fear of social contact), but that would not make her unable to attend a normal school).
like i said new here :) only found this VN about 10 days ago... maybe less.
but i can not wate for the full game.

god its got to cost a arm and a lag ( and i see the pun there after i type it ) to go to Yamaku.

what have the devs said in the past about Misha?
all that i found out about her so far is that she's not got a ending to herself. she is a main char but she's not got a ending.. that's all i know.
it be nice if there was a Misha & Shizune ending. i'd love a Misha & Shizune ending.