Put yourself in Hisao's shoes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Raiden

Put yourself in Hisao's shoes

Post by Raiden »

This is probably already here... somewhere... but I'm just too lazy to look...

So the question is: if you were in Hisao's situation, what would you do? Which girl would you choose? Which girl would you not choose? And why?

Personally I think I would choose Hanako. Something about her shyness is just so cute :3 plus I don't think I would mind the scars too much. As for who I wouldn't choose... Probably rin, not because she doesn't arms but more of the fact that she just confuses me to no end...

EDIT: also, what would your disability be and why?
Last edited by Raiden on Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe..."
-Albert Einstein

Friends are temporary, love is eternal.
PasterOfMuppets

Re: Put yourself in Hisao's shoes

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Polygamy is still legal... right?
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Hmmm... I don't think it is in Japan... as for america only certain states... but it's frowned upon in both cases
"Two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe..."
-Albert Einstein

Palas with no patience to log in

Post by Palas with no patience to log in »

Isn't "putting yourself in Hisao's shoes" what you do when you, well, play Katawa Shoujo?
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Palas with no patience to log in wrote:Isn't "putting yourself in Hisao's shoes" what you do when you, well, play Katawa Shoujo?
Not entirely. I'm talking in a real life situation as YOURSELF. In the game you may make the choices, but there is still a set storyline to go along with those choices because your playing as Hisao. Think as yourself, not as Hisao. It's YOURSELF in HIS situation.
-Albert Einstein

Fap Master

Post by Fap Master »

Ehhh..
I'd go for any of the girls, each of them have their 'thing'.
Hanako has her moe, Lilly has her sweet female 'thing', Shizune's a balance of maturity and childishness, Rin intrigues me the most with her abstract mind, Emi is fit, cute, and is a good cook.
I'd go for Hanako or Rin though. Mainly because my split personalities like a relationship with lots of talking, and one with with not too much talking at all :S
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Fap Master wrote:Ehhh..
I'd go for any of the girls, each of them have their 'thing'.
Hanako has her moe, Lilly has her sweet female 'thing', Shizune's a balance of maturity and childishness, Rin intrigues me the most with her abstract mind, Emi is fit, cute, and is a good cook.
I'd go for Hanako or Rin though. Mainly because my split personalities like a relationship with lots of talking, and one with with not too much talking at all :S
Admit it... you like emi for the loli right? :P
-Albert Einstein

moonpalace

Post by moonpalace »

If it was "real life" and I was Hisao or at least in his position....

To be honest, I'd want to find out more about that redhead with the cane. He seems the most attractive in the class to me anyway. *sigh* *wishes there was an option to date the guys in KS too.

As for the ladies, I like them all for all their likable reasons though Rin and Lilly appeal to me the most physically and personality wise. Funnily enough Hanako is my last choice and least favorite simply because for me everyone else outshone her.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

I'd never be in Hisao's shoes since I'm just too damn ugly to have so many women throwing themselves at me like he does, but if the unthinkable ever did happen then I'd pursue...Yuuko! She's shy and lacks self confidence like Hanako, but not to that exteme. She has a good grasp of situations like Lilly, which she showed while explaining the elephant in the room thing to Hisao. She has good organizational skills like Shizune to be able to balance two jobs and college at once. She is somewhat of a free thinker like Rin in rolling with the elephant in the room bit to explain handicaps being a problem or not rather than just speaking plainly about it like Mutou does later on. And she possess high stamina like Emi in being able to keep up with holding down two jobs while attending college classes. It's like she has all of the best qualities of each girl rolled into one package, and she looks cute in her waitress outfit as a bonus. 8)

As for what disability would heve me there, that's a tough question to answer. With all the cute ladies at that school I'd just hope it's not tackle trouble. :wink:
Last edited by Otakumon on Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

Otakumon wrote:I'd never be in Hisao's shoes since I'm just too damn ugly to have so many women throwing themselves at me like he does, but if the unthinkable ever did happen then I'd pursue...Yuuko! She's shy like Hanako, but not to that exteme. She has a good grasp of situations like Lilly, which she showed while explaining the elephant in the room thing to Hisao. She has good organizational skills like Shizune to be able to balance two jobs and college at once. She is somewhat of a free thinker like Rin in rolling with the elephant in the room bit to explain handicaps being a problem or not rather than just speaking plainly about it like Mutou does later on. And she possess high stamina like Emi in being able to keep up with holding down two jobs while attending college classes. It's like she has all of the best qualities of each girl rolled into one package, and she looks cute in her watress outfit as a bonus. 8)

As for what disability would heve me there, that's a tough question to answer. With all the cute ladies at that school I'd just hope it's not tackle trouble. :wink:
Never guessed anyone would choose yuuko lol
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Shizune.

Hell, I practically say that in my sig. :)

All right, some explanation. When I first played the game, I thought Hanako or Lilly would be my favorite. Then after I played through it to 100%, I realized that my wife is a combination of Shizune and Emi.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
trhvmn

Post by trhvmn »

Hm, interesting topic you have here. Could easily go down into a discussion about your favorite girl, though.

Anyway, my disability would probably be the same one that I have right now. As for the girls...

Shizune & Misha: I'd avoid Shizune as much as possible, since I think she's a bitch. Misha's hyperness would be difficult to deal with.
Lilly: She's my favorite character, so if there's anyone that I'd try to get closer to, it'd be her.
Hanako: I'd try to get closer to her too, just so that she'd have someone else to talk to besides Lilly. Also, second favorite character.
Emi: I think I'd do a little excercise, so I'd end up knowing her one way or another.
Rin: Uh... she's my third favorite character, but considering how weird she is, I'd probably keep my distance. Unless Emi invited me to lunch or something.
Yuuko: Would probably get to know her as well since I like to read. And Yamaku has a pretty big library.
Kenji: what

tl;dr Shiz/Misha no, Lils yes, Hanako, Emi and Yuuko as probable friends, Rin I have no idea

I think I'm really overestimating my socialization skills though. Realistically, I'd most likely end up talking to Hanako about books every now and then and that's it.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock.
traitor

Post by traitor »

if I'm Hisao, I'll probably talk with the handless brown girl first thing after recess. Chances are she'll turn me down since she seems like the tough girl type from that necktie of hers, but that will not stop me.
A1phaDrag0n

Post by A1phaDrag0n »

Interesting idea...

When I actually think about it... I don't actually know that much about physical disabilities... it's always the mental ones that end up in movies and on t.v... (apparently it's more humane to make fun of the mentally disabled...) so really... beginning to hurt my head :P I don't wanna take one already in the novel, that'd be lazy and probably looked down upon (I would have gone for blindness, just so you know...) so I'm going to go with something realistic but overly dramatized... I guess I got bitten by a spider when harassing her and her brood... naturally, she was not venomous (hence why I was harassing her (also she was shiny)) and I thought nothing of the bite. Later in the month the bite would lead to Necrotizing fasciitis (Dun dun duuuuuun) which would lead to my arm being amputated and part of my upper torso being horribly scarred (I know, it's dangerously close to certain others... but I TRIED...) unfortunately it was my right arm (plot twist no jutsu) which I used for pretty much everything...

By now, you've probably already figured this part out, but I would go into a depression (I'm not at the level of our beloved artists in the fan art section, but I love to draw...) then I would meet Rin... (I wanted to meet Hanako... but to be honest... she's always seemed kinda outta my league :S) which would lead to some interesting but slightly predictable story points, would I either be inspired to work with my left hand by the girl that has no arms? Actually, I'd probably feel like shit for for cursing my luck when she was far more unfortunate and still powering ahead... unable to use my left hand, simply due to the awkwardness of it (certainly nothing to do with me trying to get closer to Rin... what made you think that?) I would become interested in how Rin used her feet to create her artworks... after a while of simply watching her work, I would try to work up the courage to ask her to teach me the art of foot brushiodo. Yes... I feel that would be a pleasant alternate reality...
Hanako=Rin>Lilly>Misha=Emi>Shizune

"They probably think you're a furry, your signature screams it. If they don't they definitely think your a newfag..."

"... lurk moar?"

"Probably your best bet at this point..."
Verett

Post by Verett »

If I were in that situation, it'd be likely that I would keep forgetting that I have arrhythmia. Therefore, I keep doing stupid things that are bad for my heart. I'd imagine it'd be hard picking up girls that way.

''Hey Rin what are you ngnggnnn painting? NGgngg I'm fine.''