KS is now socially acceptable

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

KS is now socially acceptable

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I guess this is what some of the fans here have been waiting for for a long time - especially the last sentence...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
scott1and

Re: KS is now socially acceptable

Post by scott1and »

At least people now know they are not a social outcast because they like the game...saying that, you'd only be a social outcast if you actually told people what you masturbate to
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

List of what happened in the past minute:
1. I clicked the link
2. I read the newspost's title
3. I laughed, loudly

Now I'm gonna read it :P

Edut: Which made me laugh more, several times, and louder every time XD
Edut2: and hey, 500 posts :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Acies

Post by Acies »

I opened the link, read the title, then looked at the picture and the first thing I saw was a... swordfish.

Well, uh... Yeah..
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Um... not sure whether this thread was meant seriously or satirically, but since this is an international forum, and some Onion stories have been picked up and mistaken for genuine news by overseas press, I feel the need to comment that the Onion is a PARODY news site. It is all humor, not real.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Totz the Plaid wrote:Um... not sure whether this thread was meant seriously or satirically, but since this is an international forum, and some Onion stories have been picked up and mistaken for genuine news by overseas press, I feel the need to comment that the Onion is a PARODY news site. It is all humor, not real.
I never would have guessed.
Bur seriously, I never heard of Onion articles taken seriously before. Did some googling and found this. I remember the Neil Armstrong article. Thought it was hilarious.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

There's also the following (much more thoroughly explained) Wikipedia list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Onion# ... _seriously

Like I said, I figured that since this is an international forum, it'd be best to play it safe and make sure nobody mistook that for being real.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
CindehQ

Post by CindehQ »

Sadly there were girls in my social studies class who sited the Onion during a class discussion. Having to explain to them it was satirical was rather awkward (they were quite riled up over the article they read)...
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Totz the Plaid wrote:[...] some Onion stories have been picked up and mistaken for genuine news by overseas press [...]
Yeah, I remember when I saw their videos for the first time. I found some links in a blog or a forum. I first thought they were real, because they looked so professional and they can be really subtle at times. But the second or third video I watched was the one on Kim Jong Il trying to bring the moon to North Korea and that was just too weird an idea, even for North Korean standards.
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Panty Supervisor wrote:
Totz the Plaid wrote:[...] some Onion stories have been picked up and mistaken for genuine news by overseas press [...]
Yeah, I remember when I saw their videos for the first time. I found some links in a blog or a forum. I first thought they were real, because they looked so professional and they can be really subtle at times. But the second or third video I watched was the one on Kim Jong Il trying to bring the moon to North Korea and that was just too weird an idea, even for North Korean standards.
Really? That moon thing is surprisingly less insane than some legitimate things I've heard from Kim Jong Il and numerous other crazy dictators...

But yeah, if you find someone believing in what they read in the Onion, the following article (one of my favorites) should shut them up: http://www.theonion.com/articles/archae ... elet,1268/
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Totz the Plaid wrote:Um... not sure whether this thread was meant seriously or satirically, but since this is an international forum, and some Onion stories have been picked up and mistaken for genuine news by overseas press, I feel the need to comment that the Onion is a PARODY news site. It is all humor, not real.
I didn't see "The Onion," so I didn't know what website I was on, I just read the article and laughed.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

I feel like something being "socially acceptable" should depend on your own perspective and motives. Sorry if that sounds condescending. But yeah an amusing post either way
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

what link? what's going on? I want to know~ T_T
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

The word 'this' in the first post is a link.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

griffon8 wrote:The word 'this' in the first post is a link.
:oops: didn't see that. I need my glasses ><

:lol: amazing. I gotta check this place out more often.
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi