Katawa Shoujo in Comiket

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Katawa Shoujo in Comiket

Post by Aura »

<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Xuan

Re: Katawa Shoujo in Comiket

Post by Xuan »

Seems to me that it meant KS won't be out until after this Comiket at least. Sigh, patient...
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
Fretless

Post by Fretless »

Xuan wrote:Seems to me that it meant KS won't be out until after this Comiket at least. Sigh, patient...
Don't lose hope. It says "at the very least."
Plus, I'm feeling a little suspicious over the sudden blast of shimmie activity. But hey, it's probably nothing. Or is it?
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Cool your jets guys, they still haven't finished path direction for both Rin and Shizune. Or if they did, they probably would have announced it by now.

Anyway, this is great. KS will get more exposure and that's not a bad thing.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Yes, glad to see KS get more exposure, esp. in Japan. Congrats to the Japanese Team for all of their hard work.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
coldacid

Post by coldacid »

Comiket? Player's Guide confirmed for scanlation then, just like everything else that gets sold there. Still want a physical copy bad, though!
Fretless wrote:Plus, I'm feeling a little suspicious over the sudden blast of shimmie activity. But hey, it's probably nothing. Or is it?
Doom ran out of spank material recently and he's just being nice and sharing his new stuff with the rest of us.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

coldacid wrote:Comiket? Player's Guide confirmed for scanlation then, just like everything else that gets sold there. Still want a physical copy bad, though!
A miniscule of stuff that gets sold at Comiket actually gets scanned. Basically just the big name doujin (Doronokai, Tony Taka, Paranoia Cat, Udon-Ya, Digital Lover, Studio N. Ball, Kouchaya, etc), plus a small scattering of the smaller groups by chance. Some great stuff never gets scanned, though most of what doesn't is horrible (and part of the reason that the whole myth of Japanese drawing better than Westerners continues; the horrible art often gets filtered out). Checking Toranoana before a Comiket and comparing the releases listed there to what comes online afterwards shows this pretty well.
trhvmn

Post by trhvmn »

Whoa, that's awesome. It's nice to see that the japanese team is doing so much.

And I'd think that KS is popular enough for the player's guide to be scanned... maybe. That's what I'm hoping for, anyway.
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari-kari rock.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

just wanted to say grats (as WoW players do) to the Japanese translation team and all the KS devs. I don't know much about Japanese conventions, but it's awesome to see everyone's work getting recognized. more people exposed to KS's greatness is always a good thing. :mrgreen:

also, I looked back through the "how'd you find yourself here?" thread, and there's a lot of people who heard about what the game's about, thought there was no way it could be good, then tried it and loved it. kinda makes me wonder how many people in Japan will do the same thing. :lol:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

Road trip
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

The Japanese translation team has all the fun. =P
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Fronzel wrote:The Japanese translation team has all the fun. =P
Indeed they do. Though I think that a Korean, Malay or Tagalog Translation team would be having just as much fun. Cause that is how Asian Otaku roll
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
gomennasai

Post by gomennasai »

Hey, that's great news. I wonder how much attention you'll get.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

TvT Congratulations!!
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
gomennasai

Post by gomennasai »

So anything special happenned?