How'd you find yourself here?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Magical

Re: How'd you find yourself here?

Post by Magical »

Gelbooru

Saw an image of Rin quite a while back - "I have no arms to hug you with" - and followed the Katawa Shoujo tag to here.
SBSam

Post by SBSam »

Went on Tvtropes, found this game by accident and ended up d/ling it. I saw that there was a forum, and here I am.
A1phaDrag0n

Post by A1phaDrag0n »

I was on know your meme when I came across the origins of the long neck "do not want" meme. The reference being to a comic made about Hanako and burn scars, intrigued, I google imaged Hanako, then out of pure coincidence (and nothing to do with automatically deciding the worth of a subject by the attractiveness of the females it included) decided to look into the story. After accidently downloading Raita - Schuppen Harnische twice, I wiki'd katawa shoujo and discovered it wasn't a comic, but a game. After that, I googled it and ended up at the website, haven't looked back since :D
Hanako=Rin>Lilly>Misha=Emi>Shizune

"They probably think you're a furry, your signature screams it. If they don't they definitely think your a newfag..."

"... lurk moar?"

"Probably your best bet at this point..."
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

A1phaDrag0n wrote:After accidently downloading Raita - Schuppen Harnische twice

You accidentally Schuppen Harnische TWICE?

The WHOLE Schuppen Harnische?

That, my man, was Destiny at work. :mrgreen:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

A1phaDrag0n

Post by A1phaDrag0n »

Silentcook wrote: ...

You accidentally Schuppen Harnische TWICE?

The WHOLE Schuppen Harnische?

That, my man, was Destiny at work. :mrgreen:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Yes... luckly the second time was in english, and the third time got cancelled half way in mid download after reading further down in the page I had found the link and finding several other angry patrons that had not found the fabled Katawa Shoujo disability girls manga (cannot tell you how dispointed I was that that doesn't exist). I wonder if they made it here too?
Hanako=Rin>Lilly>Misha=Emi>Shizune

"They probably think you're a furry, your signature screams it. If they don't they definitely think your a newfag..."

"... lurk moar?"

"Probably your best bet at this point..."
Yatta99

Post by Yatta99 »

I got here via Fark. Late last year someone posted a picture of Rin in one of the threads. I was wondering what anime she was from when someone else asked the same thing. Another person replied that she wasn't from anime but rather from KS. That lead me to the blog and download site. First time through I got Emi and the second time gave me 'a manly picnic' :shock:

So, now I'm here..... waiting..... in the dark solitude.... *tap* *tap*...... *tap* *tap* *tap*...
Lilly > Hanako = Emi > Rin > Shizune
Fretless

Post by Fretless »

I found the article for it on Kotaku. It had been lingering in the back of my mind for a really long time, and then I figured, "What the hell, I'll give it a try." Then, I had another item to add to the list of the few Anime/Japanese related things that I like.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

It's funny how many people first get Emi, then Kenji, on their first two playthroughs XD

... Yes, that happened to me too ">_>
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
UnknownFan

Post by UnknownFan »

Like many others, I showed up in the wave after the demo was released.

It's hard to believe that was two years ago.
mRPTV

Post by mRPTV »

Went to VnSharing.net. Random review topic. Curiosity. Play. Love it. I have been here since the demo was released.(i think since 2010:D)
My first gif file. Took me 3 day to make it.
Midey

Post by Midey »

I searched for 'free visual novel' in Google. :oops:
FanUNREAL

Post by FanUNREAL »

Don't remember at all how I heard about, just remember playing the first demo a little while after it came out and wanted to play so much more of the story.
Dax

Post by Dax »

Using the all-mighty powers of Google, I found myself searching for good ol' fashioned Visual Novels. Then after poking around a while, I found this website, and downloaded the Demo version. I instantly fell in love with the unique style, music, and heroines. I made an account last year, but forgot about it. Then remembered it a while back, and decided to join in on all the fun. :)
Brotoman

Post by Brotoman »

4chan's /v/. Recently someone's been making threads every night on /v/. I ended up downloading Act 1 to finally play it and now I can't wait for more, as a result I'm here now.
Eora

Post by Eora »

Found the game at PlayForceOne. Really didn't know what to expect but the site reccomended the game so I gave it a shot. Totaly worth it
"Enjoy life and... shut up."
- Said by me when I had friends at my place and we were eating meatballs.