Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

yovidal4

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by yovidal4 »

wow, so many theories, besides i also stil belive that is SIPA or osteogenesis imperfecta
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Yukimi wrote:I like how the protagonist portrays the illness, not extreme autism but not a mild case either
For the last freakin time, autism is not an illness T_T The word "illness" implies it's something that can be cured. There isn't a "cure" for autism, therefore, not an illness.

*grumbles and leaves the topic to prevent derailment*
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
pedrosorio

Post by pedrosorio »

Leotrak wrote:
Yukimi wrote:I like how the protagonist portrays the illness, not extreme autism but not a mild case either
For the last freakin time, autism is not an illness T_T The word "illness" implies it's something that can be cured. There isn't a "cure" for autism, therefore, not an illness.

*grumbles and leaves the topic to prevent derailment*

I guess you definitely need to brush up on your knowledge of health-related definitions. Here is a good place to start: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... 0-0029.pdf

My funny suggestion would "hermaphrodite", but a quick search reveals that someone has already suggested that... I can't think of anything else :roll:
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

pedrosorio wrote: My funny suggestion would "hermaphrodite", but a quick search reveals that someone has already suggested that... I can't think of anything else :roll:
*pictures it*... that explains why I imagine her laughing with a deep voice. >_>
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I also never heard of a cure being available as a necesary requirement for something to be considered an illness. There are no cures for a variety of conditions - AIDS comes to mind - but the people afflicted are certainly ill.
Regarding mental illness, I found the following definition:
Mental illness (or Emotional disability, Cognitive dysfunction) is a broad generic label for a category of illnesses that may include affective or emotional instability, behavioral dysregulation, and/or cognitive dysfunction or impairment.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I also never heard of a cure being available as a necesary requirement for something to be considered an illness. There are no cures for a variety of conditions - AIDS comes to mind - but the people afflicted are certainly ill.
AIDS is NOT an illness. It is a syndrome. It weakens the immune system so that OTHER things, even weak illnesses such as the common cold are much more severe and likely to kill you. AIDS itself does not kill directly, it's whatever someone contracts while AIDS affects them that does.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
pedrosorio

Post by pedrosorio »

Totz the Plaid wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:I also never heard of a cure being available as a necesary requirement for something to be considered an illness. There are no cures for a variety of conditions - AIDS comes to mind - but the people afflicted are certainly ill.
AIDS is NOT an illness. It is a syndrome. It weakens the immune system so that OTHER things, even weak illnesses such as the common cold are much more severe and likely to kill you. AIDS itself does not kill directly, it's whatever someone contracts while AIDS affects them that does.
AIDS is a syndrome, HIV is a virus. And yet there is an illness associated with these two concepts, that depends on the particular person, that we may well call, "AIDS illness".
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I agree that AIDS may not have been the best example, but the vast majority of people with the AIDSyndrome are ill to a certain extent, and that illness is caused indirectly by the HIVirus.
That wasn't the point I was trying to make anyway...

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Yukimi

Post by Yukimi »

According to the the new (and old ones) World Health Organization's ICD (International Classification of Disseases) Autism is indeed an illness. I'm studying Medicine and concretely Psyquiatry and Children Psyquiatry this past year. To be consider that a person has a mild illness or what he has it's an illness or not sometimes it influentiates if it affects the normal life of a person (at economic/social/cultural/... levels of autonomy) but never if an illness is treatable or not/ curable or not. In fact most illnesses, syndromes (and syndromes are usually conjunctions of sympotms and signs not applyable to a single illness, not distinguishable enough to conform a single entity or soem oter specific exceptions. It doesn't make a syndrome less than an illness in any way)., ... aren't curable (soem you may be aware of are hypertension, diabtes,...). Anyway I'm just a student, not very bright at that and english is by no means my first language so I'm sorry if soemthing here isn't as accurate as it should be or if there's a glaring mistake that my sleepy self has comitted.
Shizune=Akira > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin (but all of them have a place in my heart and some other more interesting locations XP).
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

...man, how did y'all turn to nitpicking medical definitions so fast?

Oh right. LEOTRAAAAK! -_-
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Silentcook wrote:...man, how did y'all turn to nitpicking medical definitions so fast?

Oh right. LEOTRAAAAK! -_-
... Woops? ">_>

I'll admit I was wrong about the definition of "illness". Autism still doesn't fall under that term, though - it's specifically classified as a "disorder" (discussion about that was held elsewhere, too lazy to look it up). I'm hereby dropping the matter indefinitely, to prevent future derailments.

And now for something completely different (to try and re-rail this):

Misha is missing a lung and a kidney. Discuss.
(To clarify: yes, this is a joke)
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Plasma

Post by Plasma »

search only gives... a single result for this. Sooo...

Ménière's disease. That's my guess.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meniere%27s_disease
Inner ear problem, uncurable, causes dizzyness, can gradually lead to hearing loss.

See, Misha's problems - aside from her over-activity - can be pretty much summed up as either:
1: Balance issues - she's been described as getting dizzy from stairs, and can't throw a ball. Simple as.
2: Hearing problems - she's always loud, even when asked to be quiet by the teacher she doesn't. And, of course, she knows sign language, but her slowness and difficulty at certain words shows she only learned relatively recently. So it's very likely she learned it after being told she'll eventually go deaf herself.

Oh, and I could even go one step up the insanity ladder with this theory:
Misha can't properly hear the teacher. She's always talking in class because she has nothing else to do, and it's such a regular thing that nobody's bothered by it. When she's completely absent from class, which she regularly is, nobody seems to bring it up. Don't forget that Shizune is always ambitious for doing the work first - if she was actively learning something (and not, say, taking notes afterwards), she wouldn't be so lax about skipping classes so much.

Fits, doesn't it?

'Course, it might not be Ménière's disease, but something similar. Like Autoimmune inner ear disease, maybe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoimmune ... ar_disease
Plasma

Post by Plasma »

Actually, just to add one more point to that: Shizune (or was it Misha) called Hanako a delinquent, presumably for skipping class, despite that she doesn't have a problem with skipping class herself.
Also: she and Shizune are the only ones in the Student Union because they're the only ones who have enough time, on account of not needing to listen to the teacher.
(and to clarify: I meant that she and Shizune would learn from things written on the blackboard or from the book)

The only problem I have with this theory is why, if she has trouble hearing the teacher, she's not in a deaf class. But the same goes for Shizune either way too (who, might I remind, was in the school (or at least the school union) before Misha was), so it's not quite a counter-theory...

Dang, now I'm curious as to what Shizune isn't telling us too!
Morph

Post by Morph »

Plasma wrote:Oh, and I could even go one step up the insanity ladder with this theory:
Misha can't properly hear the teacher.
Well, that can't be. Or how should she be able to translate things for Shizune then?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Why does everyone assume that Misha is serious when she tells Hisao that stairs make her dizzy? She just sent him on an errand, and that seems like some bad excuse to get out of doing it herself. Besides you can count the instances when she actually IS serious on the fingers of one hand. (Iwas tempted to write "one of Rin's hands".)
Also, Hisao is together with Shizune and Misha almost all the time (at least on Shizune's path) and not once does he actually notice Misha getting dizzy on stairs. Keep in mind that their classrooms are on the third floor and the student council office is on the ground floor. They keep going back and forth between them quite a bit.
Not to mention 'Throwing Balls', where she manages to get all the way up to the roof, loaded with food and drinks.

Sore wa himitsu desu.