Blindtan vs Hisaoman, game updated 05/15

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

traitor

Re: Hisaoman: Flash Game v2

Post by traitor »

Rocket Royal wrote:I was wondering how tough it would be to make a megaman boss battle clone. I will look into it. Don't look forward to that actually resulting in anything.

Do I post the sequels in this thread, or should that technically go in my own?
megaman boss battles are fun as hell and simple to code, the stage and enemy placements on the other hand takes much more effort and might make you wanna jam forks into your eyes and choke on battery acid.
Rocket Royal

Part 2: Exposition

Post by Rocket Royal »

I typed some of this last night while waiting for Ritcher to finish up. I got too tired to finish it up. That was a positive thing, as I thought of finer details to add that make it maybe not suck? For example, I accidentally wrote "put a foot in my mouse" instead of mouth. I'm not sure if I should make Doctor Light Muto. Assume it's the santa looking fatty from the videogames for now, even if I do make him the teacher.

PART 2: Exposition
You turn on the two-way radio build into your helmet. “Hello, this is Hisaoman. Mission accomplished, the first Shoujo Master has been defeated. I have her core right here. Requesting a teleport back to base.” A few seconds later you materialize inside the laboratory, surrounded by machines and research equipment.
“Hello there, welcome back,” the teleporter machine beeps at you in robotspeak. “How was your trip? Did everything go as expected?”
“Yeah it was alright. Sorta lost that foot fetish I had going on for a while there though.”
“That statement does not compute. Please tell- OH GOD what happened to your hand? Did I accidentally merge two different persons into one again?”
“Yeah, I’m not sure what the deal with this thing is,” you nonchalantly respond as you awkwardly remove your helmet, your toe fingers unable to firmly grasp it. “I’ll have the doc check it out.”

You walk out of the room as the teleporter machine starts beeping apologies to you, clearly flustered. You don’t have time to worry about its feelings though. You have something you must do. You mission is to kick ass and kick ass, and luckily you have an extra foot to do so.
You reach the main testing room and enter to find Dr. Light hunched over working on something. The room had several monitors that usually would be running calculations and monitoring testing conditions. Right now these monitors had reports of incidents happening worldwide scrolling past. Reports of conflicts with android forces. Military compounds overtaken by the computer systems. Politicians and celebrities and people of influence held hostage. Entire cities overtaken by civilian grade appliances. A list of identified corpses, with the names of other scientists Light new personally highlighted.

“Hisaoman, good job over at the gallery! I say, do you mind giving me a hand?”
“I was about to ask you the same thing,” you respond as you walk over to him, footarm hidden behind your back. The doc puts down his tools and turns to face you. “Hey, want to play a game of rock paper foot?” You shove your footarm in his face and wiggle your toes vigorously.
“Hey Doc, WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED? I’m not one to put a foot in my mouth usually but I ate a spinach roll on the way here and I am having a hard time picking this stuff out of my teeth.”
“Ah good, the conversion program works! Let me just pop off your arm for a moment and I’ll make the adjustments.”

Dr Light takes a comically large remote out from his labcoat pocket and points it directly at you. He plops a button and your footarm dislocates itself from your body. Dr Light places the arm on one of his work desks and carefully begins to open it up.

“I’m sorry Doc, can you explain what’s going on? Did you expect something like this to happen?”
“Ah yes, I had hoped this would happen,” Dr Light responds as he separates the core and the megabuster from the arm’s storage compartment. The arm quickly shifts back to its original form the moment the core’s connections to the arm are severed.
“You see, I was able to modify you into a combat type robot through the use of my custom made conversion program! The program is compatible with nearly any android custom systems! Acquiring their cores won’t just help us counter the Smegma Virus Dr. Wily Nurse has created! You’ll be able to use the modified weapons systems that he made as well! This is a revolutionary step we’ve just taken in multipurpose robotics!”

Dr Light hands you your hand back to you, and steps over to the machine he was working on earlier. “Thanks Doc,” you reply as you pull out a piece of spinach from between your android teeth. The doctor attaches several wires to the core and closes the machine’s hatch. He stands up and begins to collect various tools around the lab.
“Are you sure it’ll work alright Doc,” you ask while you flex your arm around, getting the feel of a real robot hand once again. “I couldn’t use the meagabuster at all once my arm transformed. You could say it was… DISARMING. If there was anyone else there I would have been a goner.”
“Sorry about that,” the doctor replies distractedly as he makes modifications to the megabuster. “I set things up so that I need to manually approve the configuration for you to be able to use the new weapons.” Think of it as a failsafe to prevent anyone from trying to use the system against us.”

“You mean so that I can’t use it against you, don’t you?”

Dr Light’s hands pause for a moment, then calmly places the tools on the workbench. He looks into your eyes helplessly as you stare him down. You clench you right hand into a fist as you regain complete feeling in your arm. A minute of silence passes as the two of you consider what each other has just said.

“Please understand Hisaoman,” Dr Light says with a sigh. “I- We are responsible for millions of lives right now. There was no way to know if the core’s corruption would spread to you when you internalized it. I had it make you harmless in case you became infected too.”
“I understand,” you answer as you start to walk towards the door. In the back of your mind you doubt whether or not that you do. “Saving everyone is too important to risk right now. Let me know when you find the next Shoujo Master.”
“Actually, if you’re up for it, I have a place I think I can send you to look at right now. Someone sent me the coordinates to a radio station in Berlin. It has been broadcasting a strange signal for a while now. I’ve received the go ahead from the government for you to check it out.”

Dr Light finishes tinkering as he puts the final touches on the megabuster. He removes the cannon from the work desk's clamps and walks over to you, offering the piece of machinery as an olive branch of peace. “But only if you want to, that is…”
You feel a grin return to your face .There’s no time to mope, you think to yourself. This conversation can wait. You reach out your arm for the doctor as he reattaches your weapon. You cock the gun and feel the energy cells click into place.
“When do I leave Doc?
SirMax

Re: Blindtan vs Hisaoman, game updated 05/15

Post by SirMax »

Auuugh at least the first troll didn't require you to waste as much time to get it :x Well played, although there's an auto-fire glitch where Hisao will just never stop shooting.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Hard...so...very...hard....now I remember why I didn't like Megaman
traitor

Post by traitor »

thanks for the feedbacks guys, I fixed the autofiring glitch and added a bit of cosmetics, also made hisaoman run a bit faster so the attacks aren't undodgeable.
oh and, that's what you get for picking a fight with a cane-wielding blind amazon who's taller than you, and then engaging her with a heart condition.

Also digging Rocket Royal's Hisaoman Pt2, though I can't believe you used Doctor Light instead of filling in with an obligatory Katawa character.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

traitor wrote:thanks for the feedbacks guys, I fixed the autofiring glitch and added a bit of cosmetics, also made hisaoman run a bit faster so the attacks aren't undodgeable.
There's another glitch that kept popping up where if you're in midair and hit by an attack, if the stun runs out before you hit the ground you can jump in mid-air.
PlatonicRabbit

Post by PlatonicRabbit »

I survived with one bar left. Nintendo-hard.
traitor

Post by traitor »

SirMax wrote:
traitor wrote:thanks for the feedbacks guys, I fixed the autofiring glitch and added a bit of cosmetics, also made hisaoman run a bit faster so the attacks aren't undodgeable.
There's another glitch that kept popping up where if you're in midair and hit by an attack, if the stun runs out before you hit the ground you can jump in mid-air.
hm, alright, I think I've fixed them
did some last graphic tweaks, now I think it's ready as a 5 minute joke entry to be placed in the Asia forums, maybe get katawa shoujo some coverage there.
GMKGoat

Post by GMKGoat »

Took me 25 minutes to take down Blind-tan. Real Megaman bosses weren't this hard. I was about 2 pixels away from tea-based death when I took her out too.
VCR
lolbot

Post by VCR »

Lilly's hitbox is a bit wider than her sprite shows. Also I'm trying to pin which robot masters you derived the attacks from, the down smash with debris in particular seems kinda familiar.
[13:00:51] <buckingham> why do you have to shit on my parade delta-kun you baka >_<
Jaden82

Post by Jaden82 »

GMKGoat wrote:Took me 25 minutes to take down Blind-tan. Real Megaman bosses weren't this hard. I was about 2 pixels away from tea-based death when I took her out too.
It also took me that long, but I honestly think I would've beaten her within a few tries if i was using a controller with a digital pad instead of using the arrow keys to try to jump and move at the same time.
Being deaf has its advantages...such as I don't have to run into a burning building because I can't hear the screams for help.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Honestly, calling this "Nintendo hard" is a bit much. I managed to win in five tries or so, and I'm an old fart without any twitch gamer reflexes anymore.

Then again, me being old means that I DID play those Nintendo games way back when. :wink:

Also, thanks for the extra publicity, traitor. :)
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

10 minutes, but you know. With some of the trouble this seems to be causing people, this reminds me of a very difficult boss to beat on a certian member of the Megaman series. And I think I feel a song coming on.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
traitor

Post by traitor »

VCR wrote:Lilly's hitbox is a bit wider than her sprite shows. Also I'm trying to pin which robot masters you derived the attacks from, the down smash with debris in particular seems kinda familiar.
yeah, I was lazy and didn't really specify the hitboxes, so even if your pill buster touches the tip of her teacup, it counts as a hit from lilly. Combine that with small stage area and you got a cheap boss.

sprites are edited mostly from 8 bit zero, patterns are probably also based on zero. I've attached a relevant source if you're interested.
Attachments
blindtan.png
blindtan.png (17.98 KiB) Viewed 10218 times
Rocket Royal

Post by Rocket Royal »

Hey, that's cool, now I don't need to bother with trying something! What are you using to work on this stuff? The only thing i've ever did was follow a tutorial on a game maker site. I'll maybe do another part tonight.

AS for the story, I think part 1 was weak. I should have done an intro or something. Maybe do a chapter 0? I already did bosses, strategy circle, etc. Seeing as how megaman is a game, perhaps I could do a cyoa style thing? That would hijack your thread, and be much slower. Plus I had an idea for a drawing, i'll see if i can make it.

Also, good work.