any similar games like KS?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Re: any similar games like KS?

Post by Shades of gray »

Leotrak wrote:
Shades of gray wrote:You may also enjoy Fate/Stay Night (I will admit I played it but didnt enjoy it)
F/SN's H-scenes sucked balls (figuratively speaking), but the rest of it is pretty damn epic, actually... Though, more "bad ends" than are standard, I think ">_>
eh... I found the whole thing disappointing... or maybe its because i've heard so much about F/SN that it just... I dunno, doesnt surprise me or interest me...

currently playing Utawarerumono, quite liking so far... battle Gameplay also reminds me of the Tenchi Muyo game on the SNES... ahhh... nostalgia...
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Heart de Roomate
Private Nurse
Crescendo

(I don't repeat what has already ben stated)

The problem with all the "good" Eroge is always the same, as much as the sory is intriguing there come the smex and ruin the mood because is barely well written, this is actually the greatest trial of the Finished Katawa Shoujo, see if it can play the smex right.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
Jaden82

Post by Jaden82 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:I'm sorry, the only VN I read so far that I consider as good or better than Katawa Shoujo doesn't contain any adult scenes...
If you're willing to give it a try anyway, have a look at Ever17.
Just wanted to say thanks for bringing that up. I gave it a download and I'm still playing the first route, but I'm already hooked. :-)

Oh yeah...I'm surprised it hadn't been mentioned yet, but another non-hentai VN I liked is Clannad. I know that's not everyone's cup of tea, but just throwing it out there.
Being deaf has its advantages...such as I don't have to run into a burning building because I can't hear the screams for help.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Oh... I always assumed, Clannad like Kanon did have sexual content...
You learn something new every day...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Kana Little Sister is good, but a little too tragedy oriented for my taste.

Brass Restoration has a good story and no sex scenes, some parts seem a tad surreal depending on which girl you're pursuing.

Crescendo is very good and I really liked the way the H scenes were handled in it. While the sex is explicit the orgasms are described with text only, none of those overblown pics of a girl looking like she had a 5 gallon bucket of mayonnaise dumped on her. They are also better written than most, none of that 'Fill my womb', 'It's so hot', 'You came so much" type of silliness that's so common. I'm hoping this is the way the sex scenes in KS will be handled. I've played some that do have a good story but switch to that overblown nonsense during the sex scenes. Sometimes I wonder if most VN writers have never actually had sex. :lol:
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

thanks to the Utawarerumono VN, I'm now watching the Anime/OVA of it, and quite enjoying it

BTW Suriko, Yume Miru Kusuri is now installed and awaiting me to play it, gonna say thanks for recommending it (even if it turns out i dont like it)
Dollywitch

Post by Dollywitch »

The narrative style and main character's condition are reminiscent of Tsukihime, but of course it's very different. Maybe something like Clannad.
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Tsukihime
Fate/Stay Night
Utawarerumono

You might also like Higurashi and Umineko, though none of those contain any ero scenes, nor are they dating sims.
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi
Hokkou

Post by Hokkou »

While not exactly the same genre, Tsukihime is one epic VN that should be played... F/S Night too. But these have already been mentioned...

Soooo, I'm gonna add Kagetsu Tohya! It's a sequel to Tsukihime, based on Arcueid's good ending, and contains both a main story and a bunch of additional material. Definitely worth checking out if you like Tsukihime. Kagetsu Tohya doesn't have much in terms of H-scenes either (only one in the main story, and then one "bonus" story).

Another one is Narcissu, telling the story of a terminally ill young man and woman... Recommended as well!

Last I'll mentiond is Soul Link. This one is a bit different from your usual stories, taking place in space, where a small group of commandos has to fight for survival against *spoiler*. Soul Link has a lot of sex content though, but the main character's scenes are much better than standard, as in rather realistic, not exaggerated and without those silly lines that are so overused... I'd describe them as romantic rather than erotic. One warning though: You might die quite often :p
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

One more I ought to mention: Hourglass of Summer
The story is about a boy, who lives through one summer with the days in a random order, e.g he might go to bed on July 8th and wake up June 27th and so on. The goal is to prevent your girlfriend from dieing in a traffic accident on the last day of summer break.
So far the story is quite good, but the catch is, the VN comes on a DVD and doesn't install, i.e. you have to write down passwords when you end a session to restart in the same place^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Leotrak wrote:
Shades of gray wrote:You may also enjoy Fate/Stay Night (I will admit I played it but didnt enjoy it)
F/SN's H-scenes sucked balls (figuratively speaking), but the rest of it is pretty damn epic, actually... Though, more "bad ends" than are standard, I think ">_>
F/SN should just have been called "Bad End Hell" instead.
Otakumon wrote:While the sex is explicit the orgasms are described with text only, none of those overblown pics of a girl looking like she had a 5 gallon bucket of mayonnaise dumped on her.
But isn't that the entire point of hentai? to see guys with really big dicks dumb unrealistic amounts of semen onto unrealisticly hot women so we can feel inferior to our lined counterparts? Aren't we in it all because we're secretly masochistic about feeling inferior?... Okay I'll stop <.<
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
DMGnome

Post by DMGnome »

I'm about two hours into Princess Waltz and it's been fun. It's a story about six princesses who have a dance competition in order to impress the prince. (In this case, "dance" is code for "beat the living hell out of each other.")
Fans destroy things by loving them too much. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

Kira Kira is mentioned, but the lack of explanation is...

Written by two writers, it features an amazing rock band story with two distinct styles of narration. It's one of those stories you don't regret reading. Ever.

On topic, no, there are NO games similar to KS. Mainly because all the mentioned stories here are English TRANSLATED, and are originally Japanese. So far I haven't read any English VN worth a penny except this demo. One heck of a demo this is.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
Shades of gray

Post by Shades of gray »

Xuan wrote:Kira Kira is mentioned, but the lack of explanation is...

Written by two writers, it features an amazing rock band story with two distinct styles of narration. It's one of those stories you don't regret reading. Ever.

On topic, no, there are NO games similar to KS. Mainly because all the mentioned stories here are English TRANSLATED, and are originally Japanese. So far I haven't read any English VN worth a penny except this demo. One heck of a demo this is.
pish posh, who cares about the details... as long as the translations are readable its all good.

and as for amazing story... I'm thinking of a certain Car scene... "ROCK AND ROLL!"

anyways, I'm still playing Utawarerumono, then its onto Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia and then finally Yume Miru Kusuri

anyways, on a personal rating system (out of 10) :
Katawa Shoujo Act 1 (Demo) : 10
Fate/Stay Night : 6
Edelweiss : 9 (upped from 8 due to lip syncing)
Swan Song : 6
Utawarerumono : 9 (score down to due to annoying crashes) *
Wanko To Kurosou : 9

and thats it for now will add more as I play and if anyone wants to know (or not know)

*Save crash & Scene crashes can be fixed by setting compatibility to XP service pack 3 or 2 on windows 7
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Shades of gray wrote:as long as the translations are readable its all good.
Does Ever17 count as "readable"? because the english is pretty bad in the translations.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.