The Most Surprising Thing (Now With Art Added!)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Leotrak

Re: The Most Surprising Thing

Post by Leotrak »

Giggling at all the comments made so far XD
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

I am interested. I'm writing Shizune/Emi, kosher's already done Shizune/Hanako but with less romance and more wild S&M action, Shizune/Lilly's been written, and Shizune/Misha is almost overdone. I think the only Shizune pairing that nobody's tried is Shizune/Rin.
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Goldilurks wrote:Shizune/Rin.
... Yeah, impossible things will always remain impossible ">_>
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Jaden82

Post by Jaden82 »

Leotrak wrote:
Goldilurks wrote:Shizune/Rin.
... Yeah, impossible things will always remain impossible ">_>
Why? All Rin needs to do is learn sign language or write on a paper...oh wait.

Well...maybe they can just look at each other longingly or just not do anything together without Misha there. :D
Being deaf has its advantages...such as I don't have to run into a burning building because I can't hear the screams for help.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

This is a great fic and I await the next awesome instalment.

On another note, I think it'd be really interesting to see someone do a Rin/(anyone bar Emi and Hisao) story as it hasn't really been touched upon.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

You just wait for my next project...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Morph

Post by Morph »

So they play chess with special rules, huh?
I wonder what these rules might be like :wink:
Well, I have the first move, so I’d better get on with it.
Hanako has the black pieces of course.
1 e4 c5
2 Nf3 Nc6
3 d4 cxd4
4 Nxd4
I hate the Sicilian defence...
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Morph wrote:So they play chess with special rules, huh?
I wonder what these rules might be like :wink:
:mrgreen:
Morph wrote:I hate the Sicilian defence...
Well, I didn't pick the game based on the defense. :P

----------------------------------------

Chapter 2

Twenty Minutes Ago:

She enters the room and sits down on the other side of the table where I’ve already set up the chess board. We randomly determined who will play which color earlier, and I won white. Which is good because, statistically, more games are won by white.

I look over the rules changes she had given me earlier. There isn’t much to it, really. The rule for what happens when capturing non-pawn pieces is the most ridiculous change. That’s the most fun. The better you’re doing, the more distracted you get, was the justification she had written.

I shake my head as I continue reading.

--------------------

Two Months Ago:

Ikezawa reached for the pen and paper. Why are you being so nice to me? she asked.

I thought about my response for a moment. Because there is no point to being mean. You are not my enemy.

But you and Misha have been mean to me before. Because you don’t get along with Lilly.

I sighed at that. Satou and I go back a ways. The roots of our conflict… aren’t important right now.

Satou and I are like fire and ice, that’s true. ‘We don’t get along’ is quite an understatement. You’ve been caught by the shrapnel of our conflict. Ikezawa giggled at that—at least it looked like she giggled—which surprised me. I didn’t expect her to show amusement under her current circumstances.

She must have seen the surprise on my face, for she wrote, Something wrong?

I didn’t expect you to laugh after all the crying you’ve just done,
I wrote back.

I’ve started to become more comfortable around people. But sometimes, like you just saw, people’s reactions to my appearance still upset me.

I had to think about that. Looking back over the last few weeks, I realized that Ikezawa had seemed a little more social than before. I asked, What happened that made you more comfortable?

She smiled as she wrote, Hisao.

That gave me pause. Was she in love with Hisao? I’d seen the three of them hanging out a lot: Hisao, Ikezawa, and Satou. But Hisao always looked like he only had eyes for Satou.

I wondered if I should even ask. Well, in for a penny as they say. Are you in love with him?

Again she smiled. No. But he has been a great friend. I think I could have loved him, but he loves Lilly.

Now I had to smile in return. Taking the pen, I wrote, That’s funny. If Hisao hadn’t taken Satou’s side before the festival and had joined the Student Council like I had asked him to, I might have been in love with him, too.

Ikezawa read that and started to laugh. Really laugh. Her face got flushed, and her chest shook so much she seemed to have trouble breathing. Then I couldn’t help but join in the laughter. We laughed for what must have easily been five minutes.

Ikezawa started to write, but she found it difficult because of all the laughter. Maybe we could start a club. Some kind of ‘I could have fallen in love with Hisao if only’ club.

Oh, that set me off again. I was laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Who else would be in it?

I don’t know. Maybe Emi? Hisao mentioned he started running with her the first week he was here. But he found it too hard to run.

Sure, that’s it. Emi will say, ‘If only Hisao had stuck with running with me, I might have fallen in love with him.’ This is fun! Who else?

We couldn’t keep it up. We laughed and laughed until we settled into giggles as we sat there.

Eventually, my phone vibrated. Checking it, I found a text from Misha: where r u? prncpl sent us home. in SC room

I sighed. Back to the rest of the world. Music Room w/Ikezawa. B there soon, I texted back.

Will you be okay now? I asked Ikezawa.

Yeah. Just do me a favor, okay?

What is it?

Call me ‘Hanako’ from now on.

I smiled as I took the pen back. Only if you call me ‘Shizune’. Deal?

Deal.

With that, I stood up and helped Hanako to her feet. We left the Music Room and parted ways, her going back to the dorms, me to Student Council room.

As she left, Hanako surprised me by signing one of the simplest things to sign: “Thank you.”

I smiled as I nodded to her in acknowledgement. Then she turned and left.

--------------------

Now:

Code: Select all

4  …       e5
5  Nxc6    bxc6
Hmm, she declined to take my Knight but accepted the Knight exchange.

Well, there’s only one thing that can be done now.

We each take off one of our shoes.

----------------------------------------

Edit: Tweaked the 'Twenty Minutes Ago'. Have I mentioned it's the part that gets the most changes?

Found a picture on the shimmie that's somewhat appropriate for this chapter:

Chapter 1 Chapter 3
Last edited by griffon8 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
PlatonicRabbit

Post by PlatonicRabbit »

Wow. This is truly a heartwarming story.
Well, there’s only one thing that can be done now.

We each take off one of our shoes.
:shock: Where this is going, I like. MOAR.
traitor

Post by traitor »

Maybe we could start a club. Some kind of ‘I could have fallen in love with Hisao if only’ club.
ahahahahahaha, oh the irony

I wonder what's gonna happen next, I liked how ordinary each of the characters behave, very enjoyable to read.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

PlatonicRabbit wrote::shock: Where this is going, I like. MOAR.
That is a bit of a Wham Line, innit?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Griffon8's Writing
trekki859

Post by trekki859 »

im am completly in love with this story! i never thought something like this would work, a hanako shizune paring, never even thought they could be freinds. but hey, anythings possible. and the most unlikely pairings are the best!
in the wise words of Jack O'neill ..."what?"
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

This is really good, im not a chess player so i like how you describe the move under the co ordinates.
Cant wait for the rest, the way youve written this overall is also really good, giving us a part of the story near the end at the start shows youve planned this out at least a bit
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

scott1and wrote:giving us a part of the story near the end at the start shows youve planned this out at least a bit
That's why I had to have so much of it written first. The 'Twenty Minutes Ago' has gone through the most changes. I'm still tweaking it.

Griffon8's Writing
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Cool again let me see more.

You should add Rin somehow, just so that was can comments about how her logic goes "2+2=Routabega"
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic