Theory regarding Hanako's "dark tiles" game.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

scott1and

Re: Theory regarding Hanako's "dark tiles" game.

Post by scott1and »

Rather than reading too much in to this and assume everything to do with Hanako involves some tender back story, I assumed it was just a game she played as a kid due to loneliness, and just never had the need to grow out of it...which may actually count as a tragic backstory :(
Rocket Royal

Post by Rocket Royal »

That is illogical. Clearly Hanako was a resistance fighter against Britannia, and "bishop" was the code name Lelouch gave her during missions. Her mecha was destroyed and her escae pod was hit. She escaped the crash landing severely burned but was unable to seek medical treatment as it would destroy her alibi keeping her safe. The cover story was that she was injured back home at the hands of Zero's terrorists. She is now too injured to regularly maintain fighter status, so Lelouch reassigns her.

You see, Lilly is actually nunnally after going through puberty. Lelouch used his Geass on Hanako to command her to be loyal to Lilly. For this reason Hanako avoids contact with everyone except her, and only comes to accept you when she learns you have gained nunLilly's approval.

I decree this to be non canonical canon. Really, elaborate backstories are the best.
Jaden82

Post by Jaden82 »

Rocket Royal wrote:I decree this to be non canonical canon. Really, elaborate backstories are the best.
And it'd be more funny that way, right?
Being deaf has its advantages...such as I don't have to run into a burning building because I can't hear the screams for help.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Jaden82 wrote:
Rocket Royal wrote:I decree this to be non canonical canon. Really, elaborate backstories are the best.
And it'd be more funny that way, right?
Considering Lelouch himself has infultrated Yamaku, who knows how many others he has used his Geass on. There just might be more to this than any of us realize.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

G3n0c1de wrote:I don't really remember this game, or any like it being particularly important to me while growing up.

*Shrugs*

I guess I'm the oddball.
I used to like it when I was little, but once I hit 8th grade I stopped caring. I'm 21 now, and the closest I come is making sure to always step over a bump in the floor in a house I moved in to 3-4 years ago, and that's just to make sure that I don't trip or injure my foot.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I'm 34 and I still do it from time to time - guess it's the inside age that counts 8)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

griffon8 wrote:Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Just be sure to do your chores or else your guardians will put you in time out.
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
Captain Niggawatts

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Jesus christ, it's just a fucking fun way to spend your time when you're walking in a hallway.

What the fuck is WRONG with you people?
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Captain Niggawatts wrote:Jesus christ, it's just a fucking fun way to spend your time when you're walking in a hallway.

No, the "fucking" fun doesn't come until way later, I'll guess halfway through act 3 at the soonest.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
A1phaDrag0n

Post by A1phaDrag0n »

Shujoxa wrote:
Captain Niggawatts wrote:Jesus christ, it's just a fucking fun way to spend your time when you're walking in a hallway.

No, the "fucking" fun doesn't come until way later, I'll guess halfway through act 3 at the soonest.
Completely distracted now... I wonder if the same rules apply in that situation... keep strictly to the dark patches...
Hanako=Rin>Lilly>Misha=Emi>Shizune

"They probably think you're a furry, your signature screams it. If they don't they definitely think your a newfag..."

"... lurk moar?"

"Probably your best bet at this point..."
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

I think this topic just U-turned ...
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
Jaden82

Post by Jaden82 »

PasterOfMuppets wrote:I think this topic just U-turned ...
Not just U-turned, but flipped upside-down as well.

In addition, a sex game invovling dark tiles would probably require very flexible bodies and high tolerance of pain in my mind...it'd be funny as hell to see though.
Being deaf has its advantages...such as I don't have to run into a burning building because I can't hear the screams for help.
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Oh dear, in my attempt to fend off a hostile response with a calm but sarcastic retort, I seem to have derailed my own thread...
Ar Grathnos

Post by Ar Grathnos »

The road to ruin is paved with good intentions, etc...

On (intended) topic, I remember playing games like that when I was younger, even through high-school. I can even remember floors like the one described in Hanako's ending, with the slightly darker shaded tiles placed seemingly randomly amongst the rest. I greatly doubt there is any hidden meaning to it, its just a way to distract yourself. Reminds me of my habit of staring at stuccoed ceilings, trying to make out shapes.

Yes, I get bored very easily. :lol:
My order of favorites; Hanako=Lilly>=Rin>=Emi>>>>Shizune
I'm crazy, what of it?