Are You Ready For Release?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

griffon8

Re: Are You Ready For Release?

Post by griffon8 »

Wreckusu wrote:I have a good feeling KS will be released this month. And if not this month then the next.
Then the next.

Then the next.

Then…

:mrgreen:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Nightlinks

Post by Nightlinks »

Wreckusu wrote: Either way exciting times ahead, I have a good feeling KS will be released this month. And if not this month then the next.
Don't get your hopes up, as much as I hate to say it.

If we're lucky, we'll have our salvation this summer at the earliest.
As of now.
Lilly > Hanako = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Misha
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Anyone else think they're gonna pull it out on December 31, 11:59 PM?
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
drewskinorky

Post by drewskinorky »

Shujoxa wrote:Anyone else think they're gonna pull it out on December 31, 11:59 PM?
Hope not. Though I would have to say I have thought the same many times. Brings tears to my eyes.
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

actually I notice the devs have been very silent recently... is it possible they are putting the finishing touch together?
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

I wish.
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Suriko wrote:I wish.
Ready for this to be over as much as we are? I don't blame you. All we have to do is wait patiently like good little boys and girls, you're the ones doing all the work. Thank you all, btw.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Shujoxa wrote:
Ready for this to be over as much as we are? I don't blame you. All we have to do is wait patiently like good little boys and girls, you're the ones doing all the work. Thank you all, btw.
They are ready for this to be over...
We are ready for it to continue ;-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Wreckusu wrote:Either way exciting times ahead, I have a good feeling KS will be released this month.
Not a chance. :lol:
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Roy-Kr wrote:
Wreckusu wrote:Either way exciting times ahead, I have a good feeling KS will be released this month.
Not a chance. :lol:
Sad but true. An update maybe, completion...as likely as Satan selling ice cream.
Jaden82

Post by Jaden82 »

I should probably consider myself somewhat lucky. I found out about KS just a couple months ago so it doesn't feel like a long wait for me compared to some of you. For me, final release is coming in months instead of years. :D

I'm ready for the release after reading the forums and seeing the artworks on the Shimmie. It'll be sad when I finish it completely, but I'm sure it'll be an interesting and fun experience.
Being deaf has its advantages...such as I don't have to run into a burning building because I can't hear the screams for help.
ze spy

Post by ze spy »

GodDAMMIT

Still, I really do appreciate all the work you guys do. If you EVER change your mind about the whole donation thing, I'll donate.
"That weird motherfucker"
Wreckusu

Post by Wreckusu »

Nightlinks wrote:
Wreckusu wrote: Either way exciting times ahead, I have a good feeling KS will be released this month. And if not this month then the next.

Well maybe this month is a bit optimistic, but I have a feeling we're not far off now. If the game status updates are to be believed then three of the girls paths are finished and the other two probably aren't far behind. At any rate we'll just have to wait and see.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Wreckusu wrote:
Nightlinks wrote:
Wreckusu wrote:

Well maybe this month is a bit optimistic, but I have a feeling we're not far off now. If the game status updates are to be believed then three of the girls paths are finished and the other two probably aren't far behind. At any rate we'll just have to wait and see.
Nightlinks is right. Even once the last two paths are finished being written, there's still the actual programming of the game itself, then proofreading, then beta testing, then more coding to fix the errors, then more testing, then more fixing, then repeating of the testing and fixing steps until it's finally ready, then finally release. Summer at absolute earliest. I'm currently optimistic for late August/early September.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Totz the Plaid wrote:
Wreckusu wrote:
Nightlinks wrote:

Nightlinks is right. Even once the last two paths are finished being written, there's still the actual programming of the game itself, then proofreading, then beta testing, then more coding to fix the errors, then more testing, then more fixing, then repeating of the testing and fixing steps until it's finally ready, then finally release. Summer at absolute earliest. I'm currently optimistic for late August/early September.
We wouldn't have act 1 if the programming wasn't done enough for it to be playable.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.