Damn You Shizune

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bradpara

Re: Damn You Shizune

Post by bradpara »

Hehehe

All I have to say is that after having finished Hanako's route again. Is that is it still very much a coin toss. I like both cahrs very much. Especially their arcs in my opinion holdthe most potenital for charecter development (Hanako learing to come out of her shell. Shizune coming to terms with her feeling for Hisao and maybe lossening up a little) Also if you think about, their are actually not as different from each other as one would think.

Though right now, I am leaning more towards Shicchan prehaps cause her comeptitvness has actually beacome quite charming to me and her ending is to most dramatic of them while Hanako's is more "sweet" than anything.

All things being done I shall probably play Shizune's arc first when the full game comes out.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

bradpara wrote:All things being done I shall probably play Shizune's arc first when the full game comes out.
I'll be doing Shizune's arc last because I like her best.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

I'll do Shizune ark after Hanako and Rin, like them all more or less the same though. Seems like one of the more interesting girls though as you can tell she'll play hard to get. :mrgreen:
Hagon

Post by Hagon »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:Choosy mothers choose Rin (and I am one choosy mother). Rin is a Zen master who knows the sound of no hands clapping.
My retarded side think about feets clapping.

What?
"What lie in the mind of somebody stepping on the fragile line between reason and insanity is something others can't understand."
Sperance

Post by Sperance »

My retarded side think about feets clapping.
Rin, clapping with her feet?

That would actually be adorable. Please, someone draw this :D
Hagon

Post by Hagon »

Sperance wrote:Rin, clapping with her feet?

That would actually be adorable. Please, someone draw this :D
I'll try to draw this but not sure of the result.

I must approve the fact that Shizune end is one of the best.
the Hanako one is not the best I've seen but she is cute as hell (wahahaha)
"What lie in the mind of somebody stepping on the fragile line between reason and insanity is something others can't understand."
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Here are my opinions on each ending (listed in the order of preference, best to worst):

Hanako: Really rewarding to help her come out of her shell, and absolutely adorable to imagine her starting to get excited.

Shizune: I've always thought she was really cute, but her attitude was rather off-putting until the second time I played her path. Saying that Hisao is falling in love is a little much (even if he says so himself), but he's definitely infatuated. I'm interested to see how much she calms down now that the stress of the festival is over.

Rin: I found her path to be the least rewarding romantically, but the 'sleep cute' was great. I'd never consider her for a romantic path in real life, nor is she one I like much that way as far as the game goes, but her ending was awesome.

Lilly: She's my third choice for actual romantic path, but her ending lacked the emotional punch of the others for me as it felt a little too casual.

Emi: She is freaking adorable and I love that about her, but as one who's not into the whole working out and keeping active all the time thing, she has to be the least rewarding ending, and romantically she's the second least rewarding path to me (ahead of Rin who I'd definitely like as a friend, but not as a girlfriend).

That's just my two cents so far.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Totz the Plaid wrote:Lilly: She's my third choice for actual romantic path, but her ending lacked the emotional punch of the others for me as it felt a little too casual.
My opinion is Lilly's ending lacked that 'emotional punch' because Hanako was there too. Any pursuit of Lilly will require Hanako to be able to stand on her own, so Lilly doesn't feel like being there for Hisao means she isn't there for Hanako.

In both Lilly's and Hanako's paths, Hanako needs to lose her dependence on Lilly.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Yeah... you've got it right there, Griffon. But it's also that the top three all had something either romantic or emotionally rewarding happen: Hanako opening up to you, Shizune cheering you up without Misha's help, Rin cuddling up to you... Lily just had more hanging out as friends. It didn't feel like an ending, really, just another scene on her path. I mean, even Emi's felt like an ending even if most of it was just her nagging you about your food choices...

I dunno. I guess I should list my preferences romantically in the game as well as long as we're on the topic:

Hanako: Yeah, I've always had a bit of a thing for shy, cute girls in real life, so in the game she's really got my number.

Shizune: There's a real cuteness and caring side beneath her competitive/responsible exterior. When she gave Hisao the note outside the Shanghai, I knew I'd have to play through her path again to pick up better on where she was kinda flirting with and blushing about Hisao and found that there was a lot more of that than I'd noticed. I'm interested in seeing how that develops. I totally get where the OP is coming from on this, and if I didn't have a natural prediliction for shrinking violets, I think she'd have me fully enchanted as well.

Lilly: At first she seemed a bit too motherly to me, but when I did her path, there was a youthfulness that revealed itself that makes me like her a lot.

Emi: Just freaking adorable! Probably the cutest of the girls appearance-wise, and her personality is really cute, too, but I've never been one for sports and that sort of thing so that side of it all just turns me off to her a bit.

Rin: I've got a good friend that she reminds me of quite a lot. The active word there being 'friend'. I like Rin a lot as a character, but the zen focus and cloudcuckoolander thought patterns that are endearing in a friendly way would only result in frustration in a relationship, emotionally I mean.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
ninjaguiden

Post by ninjaguiden »

Lilly is on the top for having a surprisingly multifaceted personality. I thought she was just going to be this calm angel all the time but then Cold War happened and after that her pouting at the festival...Plus, she's the tallest.

Rin is next, also for personality.

I haven't tried any other route but I think it's Shizune>Hanako>Emi. Misha is in there somewhere as well.
Hamadyne

Post by Hamadyne »

Gonna go for Rin first. It's always the quirky one that get me...
Sid Vicious

Post by Sid Vicious »

i know dude that bitch has the best ending but i hate her and hanako is my favorite. at least hanako ending isnt as bad as emi's, hers really sucked
I'll die before I'm 25, and when I do I'll have lived the way I wanted to-RIP Sid Vicious

Hanako > Rin > Lily > Emi > Shizune
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

G3n0c1de wrote: Shizune clearly shows interest in Hisao. For her to 'lose' to Misha, her subordinate, might sting, and potentially cause problems.
Nice boat.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Rocket Royal

Post by Rocket Royal »

I don't think poorly of any characters, although I can see why some would have problems with characters, especially Shizune. Seeing as how she's always there for the first few scenes, you might feel iritated. Shizune's repeated sequences when I was trying to do replays was frustrating. Still, she's a solid character and she was enjoyable to interact with. The girls are like flavors of ice cream. Perhaps you do not like the Minty Emi, or the Chocolate Hanako. Shizune is the vanilla ice cream that lavors deviate from. Shizune is always there, and for that reason we take this flavor for granted. If act 1 had her less omnipresent, with more attempts to raise her flags rather than turn them down for some other path, she's have less dislike.

Let me be clear I see none of the girls as irritating.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Rocket Royal wrote:I don't think poorly of any characters, although I can see why some would have problems with characters, especially Shizune. Seeing as how she's always there for the first few scenes, you might feel iritated. Shizune's repeated sequences when I was trying to do replays was frustrating. Still, she's a solid character and she was enjoyable to interact with. The girls are like flavors of ice cream. Perhaps you do not like the Minty Emi, or the Chocolate Hanako. Shizune is the vanilla ice cream that lavors deviate from. Shizune is always there, and for that reason we take this flavor for granted. If act 1 had her less omnipresent, with more attempts to raise her flags rather than turn them down for some other path, she's have less dislike.

Let me be clear I see none of the girls as irritating.
You may think of Shizune as "vanilla" but until her path actually appears toward the end of Act 1, she was grating, mean, manipulative, controlling, and just would not leave you alone. What flavor would that be? Sandpaper? It may not exist (or even make sense), but as far as ice cream flavors go, Shizune was like eating sandpaper. True, all of that was still there by the end, but it's the OTHER side of her that made her appealing, while the rest made me "hate" her until then.

Now after the act 1 endings, it seems like Emi will be the one I might end up disliking while Shizune, if her other side shows through a lot more might end up being one of my favorites.

(And yes, I know "sandpaper ice cream" makes no sense, but it was the first thing that popped into my head, it made my point, and most importantly it made me laugh when I thought about the absurdity of the concept, so it stays.)