Transgendered teen born without legs

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Dollywitch

Transgendered teen born without legs

Post by Dollywitch »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... ds-newsxml

Hate linking to the Daily Mail, I thought this was a really sweet story for once :) It is inspiring to see people overcome their disabilities in such a profound way.

Being able to walk on your hands is pretty awesome, reminds me of those French guys from Yakitate Japan.
Shujoxa

Re: Transgendered teen born without legs

Post by Shujoxa »

That is a pretty inspiring story, she-...er...he?...she?...impressive, is my point, okay?
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Dollywitch

Post by Dollywitch »

Shujoxa wrote:That is a pretty inspiring story, she-...er...he?...she?...impressive, is my point, okay?
She, dear. :) Funny how being trans is a bigger "disability" in some ways, or a bigger hurdle to overcome at least.
Dollywitch

Post by Dollywitch »

Oh found her youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pedromartell1

I have to admit when people are all into what I see as naff music it makes it harder for me to identify with them. If it was a disabled person that liked, Witch House or some shit, I'd be like "Come over here for a hug!". I feel bad for that :( Sometimes I feel that people who are different for reasons beyond their control put a bit too much effort into being normal. I noticed this a lot, I was at a center for dealing with kids with primarily learning and social disabilities, as well as things like epilepsy etc. and some mobility issues. People who have a hard time getting into work. There wasn't really anyone much I identified with they, they were all pretty normal in a sense. That said, I'd much rather hang out with them than the average "Normal" person. They were a lot less discerning of some of my odd behaviour than the average person would be.

I really hope she makes it big though, she can sing. That must have took a lot of effort. I wonder how much her condition affects her ability? Does she have the same lung capacity, etc.? It's kind of intriguing.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

I don't see why her lack of legs would affect her lung capacity, though since it's a birth defect who can really guess what else might have been affected? Anyway, good to see that she's getting positive attention. Should hopefully help combat the stigma regarding those with disabilities and the transgendered community!
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

Totz the Plaid wrote:I don't see why her lack of legs would affect her lung capacity, though since it's a birth defect who can really guess what else might have been affected? Anyway, good to see that she's getting positive attention. Should hopefully help combat the stigma regarding those with disabilities and the transgendered community!
I imagine having a shortened spine would mean less room for organs... including lungs. kinda saddening really, as this person has a double stigma, being disabled and a transgender...

is it wrong of me to pray that when i have kids mine will be whole and healthy? I myself have Alports syndrome, meaning if i have a daughter, she would 100% have alports, whereas a son wont (alports is quirky)

X* Chromosome with Alports Gene (from me)

X* Y (Me)
X X (Spouse)
daughter would have X* X

Whereas a son would Inherit the Y chromosome from me and a Healthy (hopefully!) X chromosome from Spouse.

the more you know...
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Shades of gray wrote:is it wrong of me to pray that when i have kids mine will be whole and healthy?
Of course not. No parent would want their child to be born with a disease/disability, or to go through an incident that permanently prevents their child from living a normal, healthy life. Hoping/praying for the healthiest life your child can have is exactly what a parent should do.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Dollywitch wrote:Oh found her youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pedromartell1

I have to admit when people are all into what I see as naff music it makes it harder for me to identify with them. If it was a disabled person that liked, Witch House or some shit, I'd be like "Come over here for a hug!". I feel bad for that :( Sometimes I feel that people who are different for reasons beyond their control put a bit too much effort into being normal. I noticed this a lot, I was at a center for dealing with kids with primarily learning and social disabilities, as well as things like epilepsy etc. and some mobility issues. People who have a hard time getting into work. There wasn't really anyone much I identified with they, they were all pretty normal in a sense. That said, I'd much rather hang out with them than the average "Normal" person. They were a lot less discerning of some of my odd behaviour than the average person would be.

I really hope she makes it big though, she can sing. That must have took a lot of effort. I wonder how much her condition affects her ability? Does she have the same lung capacity, etc.? It's kind of intriguing.
It's probably something to do with that we want to fit in to society.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Dollywitch

Post by Dollywitch »

Shades of gray wrote:
Totz the Plaid wrote:I don't see why her lack of legs would affect her lung capacity, though since it's a birth defect who can really guess what else might have been affected? Anyway, good to see that she's getting positive attention. Should hopefully help combat the stigma regarding those with disabilities and the transgendered community!
I imagine having a shortened spine would mean less room for organs... including lungs. kinda saddening really, as this person has a double stigma, being disabled and a transgender...

is it wrong of me to pray that when i have kids mine will be whole and healthy? I myself have Alports syndrome, meaning if i have a daughter, she would 100% have alports, whereas a son wont (alports is quirky)

X* Chromosome with Alports Gene (from me)

X* Y (Me)
X X (Spouse)
daughter would have X* X

Whereas a son would Inherit the Y chromosome from me and a Healthy (hopefully!) X chromosome from Spouse.

the more you know...
No, I don't plan to have kids(well,I can't physically, but through adoption or surrogates) , but if I did I would not wish any of what I have on them. While it is important to portray the fact through media like KS that disabled people can live happy and full lives, many(such as myself) fall into a slump because of their condition, and they will always be held at a disadvantage in some form. I don't think it's wrong at all to want the most opportunities available. I wouldn't quite say "Normal", as I consider "Normal" quite negative and limiting in of itself(i.e. stuck in an office job instead of becoming a painter, etc.), but you know what I mean.