This chessboard.

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Morph

Re: This chessboard.

Post by Morph »

I guess they don't play on a very high level and therefore it wouldn't be that hard to memorize. The setup at the start is always the same and if you plan something you can keep the turns in mind that affect this plan of yours quite easily. And if she isn't certain about the positioning she can ask Hanako. It isn't a competition with prizes after all.
Bara

Post by Bara »

They say the best chess players are thinking numerous moves in advance. It makes sense that they can keep a picture of the board in their mind and don't rely on the board in front of them.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Bara wrote:They say the best chess players are thinking numerous moves in advance. It makes sense that they can keep a picture of the board in their mind and don't rely on the board in front of them.
The best chess players have every move memorized and know what the "right" move to make in response to each one is, but still, that's an astonishing feat of mental skill.

All I'm saying is that even with reminders from Hanako, Lilly would still need to put a good deal of thought into every move. Even an extremely casual player like I am knows that. Especially since Hanako seems like she's at least pretty good at it the way she gives Hisao a run for his money.

Speaking of Hanako... who here thinks that the "or..." she's referring to in her ending is her late father?
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Totz the Plaid wrote:Speaking of Hanako... who here thinks that the "or..." she's referring to in her ending is her late father?
Me.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

griffon8 wrote:
Totz the Plaid wrote:Speaking of Hanako... who here thinks that the "or..." she's referring to in her ending is her late father?
Me.
Although other theories do exist, most people including myself believe its her father, just because it matches up with a lot of her background and it seem incredibly likely as she hushes up before she says the name.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

scott1and wrote:
griffon8 wrote:
Me.
Although other theories do exist, most people including myself believe its her father, just because it matches up with a lot of her background and it seem incredibly likely as she hushes up before she says the name.
Yeah. That's what I was thinking. Obvious? Yeah, but good writing doesn't always need to surprise you. In fact, it shouldn't surprise people all the time. That's just as bad as if it's constantly predictable, really. Besides, Hisao doesn't know the circumstances of her injuries so it's his reaction that would make for a great moment.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Palas

Post by Palas »

This box is going to become an internal meme, I tell you.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Palas wrote:This box is going to become an internal meme, I tell you.
Looking at this thread, hasn't it practically become a minor one already? It's mysterious, has no obvious distinguishing markings, and is rife with possibility for pop culture references and jokes. I'm just glad that nobody's gone the idiotic and terrible route of suggesting that it contains anything horrifyingly disgusting (outside of the "Se7en" references, at least).

I do have to reiterate, though, that I don't like or understand the amount of hate some people have shown Eggplant Cat. I think it's great and even pretty cute. Look forward to seeing how it shows up in Shizune's path.
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

That seems obvious...which means we'll probably get swerved and take a left hook from nowhere.

As for the box, insert "what the fu-BOOM" joke here.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

At least the box doesn't appear to the "Dangerous Borx", so we can sleep peacefully knowing its not going to badmouth every scene it is in.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Shujoxa wrote:
That seems obvious...which means we'll probably get swerved and take a left hook from nowhere.
I hope not. Like I said, while it wouldn't be a surprise to us, it would be to Hisao, and that'd make for a very good scene anyway and I think adding an unnecessary complication to such a powerful and obvious answer would be more likely to end up being a twist for the sake of a twist which as we all know from M. Night Shyamalan's career, isn't really a smart move.

Then again, Hanako's path is done, so the direction they're taking has long since been decided anyway, and I trust the Devs' sense of storytelling.