Katawa Shoujo breaks up with you

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

scott1and

Re: Katawa Shoujo breaks up with you

Post by scott1and »

Sajomir wrote: Yosuga no Sora,protagonist dumps a heroine to bang his sister... fun huh?
I found out I hate twincest stories...
Nothing personal, but I don't like you very much right now :(
Last edited by scott1and on Sun May 01, 2011 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

scott1and wrote: Nothing personal, but I don't like you very much right now :(
Crap, I'm usually better than that about posting spoilers. Sorry :(

edit: or... I just noticed how you cut out the quote there. Oh well, what can I say :P It was a total turn-off for me after he had such a dramatic reaction to her advances, then just gave in because of sex. That could just have been the anime not covering it well enough though.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

It's alright, and too be honest, its kinda not hard to see it coming :mrgreen:
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

Honestly this topic is rather depressing.
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
traitor

Post by traitor »

DaMan65 wrote:Honestly this topic is rather depressing.
It's not that bad, everything has an end, it's the process and sweet memories that count. It gives you experience and makes you a more confident person.

Besides, is it really such a great idea to stick with this one girl you've met in highschool, and never have the chance to meet anyone else?
ozg82889

Post by ozg82889 »

first a chick breaks his heart literally

then another does so figuratively(and maybe literally again)

bitches and whores end for hisao. he then join kenji to defeat the feminist nemesis.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

traitor wrote:
It's not that bad, everything has an end, it's the process and sweet memories that count. It gives you experience and makes you a more confident person.

Besides, is it really such a great idea to stick with this one girl you've met in highschool, and never have the chance to meet anyone else?
If you find that you're honestly happy with that person and are able to spend the rest of your life with them without regrets? Some people do find bliss in their high school sweethearts. They're the vast minority, but it happens, and besides, this is a fantasy (if a mostly realistic one).
ozg82889 wrote:first a chick breaks his heart literally

then another does so figuratively(and maybe literally again)
Bingo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takotsubo_cardiomyopathy (a.k.a. Broken Heart Syndrome) Heartbreak can cause literal damage to the tissue of the heart.

I doubt the Devs are unaware of that.

The following are a couple pages about it from the medical researchers at Johns Hopkins. They're good reads. You should check them out.
http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/press_re ... 10_05.html
http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/asc/faqs.html
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

by Totz the Plaid on Sun May 01, 2011 3:48 am
If you find that you're honestly happy with that person and are able to spend the rest of your life with them without regrets? Some people do find bliss in their high school sweethearts. They're the vast minority, but it happens, and besides, this is a fantasy (if a mostly realistic one).
Agreed

(USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST)
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
Palas

Post by Palas »

Didn't they mention there were two endings for each of the girls?

EDIT:
ChaoticGrowth wrote:Yep.

From the FAQ:
Q: Will there be different endings for each of the girls?
A: Yes, all the stories have at least two endings.
It was a rhetorical question, I'm just ~implying~.
Last edited by Palas on Sun May 01, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
ChaoticGrowth

Post by ChaoticGrowth »

Yep.

From the FAQ:
Q: Will there be different endings for each of the girls?
A: Yes, all the stories have at least two endings.
Edit:
It was a rhetorical question, I'm just ~implying~.
Sorry, I took the question as a legitimate inquiry. Hehe. I just figured that it's better to answer all questions (even rhetorical ones) than to leave people actually unsure. :)
Last edited by ChaoticGrowth on Sun May 01, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Totz the Plaid wrote:
traitor wrote:

I can attest to this, having seen it happen. A friend of mine recently became engaged to his high school sweetheart. Now, granted, it may not work out further down the road, but for now at least, things seem absolutely perfect for the both of them.

So while it's unlikely from a "realistic" sense, a "happy ever after" ending to KS isn't that much of a stretch.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Shujoxa wrote: I can attest to this, having seen it happen. A friend of mine recently became engaged to his high school sweetheart. Now, granted, it may not work out further down the road, but for now at least, things seem absolutely perfect for the both of them.

So while it's unlikely from a "realistic" sense, a "happy ever after" ending to KS isn't that much of a stretch.
I've seen it happen, as well. You can't really make an argument that a couple didn't "see who else is out there" because you could say that to any person, even someone who's dated 50 people. No matter what point someone settles down, there's still millions of people they never met, any one of whom could have been a match made in heaven.
If someone is happy with a high school sweetheart, or even just the first person they've dated, then best of luck to 'em, and I hope they take the time to do everything carefully and have a happy life.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
traitor

Post by traitor »

yeah, I suppose the waifu ending would be the sweetest ending there is. I did boot this game up to feel D'AWWWWW anyway.

But, I certainly don't mind a not-awkward friendzone ending though,
such as Lilly studying abroad and you two forced to break up,
or Hisao's heart condition gets worse and he breaks up with his love interest knowing that he's gonna die at a ripe age of 25. Yes.

PS: I envy your friend with the force of a thousand suns.
Nightlinks

Post by Nightlinks »

traitor wrote:yeah, I suppose the waifu ending would be the sweetest ending there is. I did boot this game up to feel D'AWWWWW anyway.

But, I certainly don't mind a not-awkward friendzone ending though,
such as Lilly studying abroad and you two forced to break up,
or Hisao's heart condition gets worse and he breaks up with his love interest knowing that he's gonna die at a ripe age of 25. Yes.

PS: I envy your friend with the force of a thousand suns.
I definitely hope Lilly's path doesn't end like that, I'd be a little depressed, as she's my current favorite.
As of now.
Lilly > Hanako = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Misha
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Nightlinks wrote:I definitely hope Lilly's path doesn't end like that, I'd be a little depressed, as she's my current favorite.
Again, each path is going to have multiple endings, so even if that is one of them, there is a good chance of a more romantic one for her path. When the FAQ says "at least two endings" it honestly makes me expect 3: good, neutral, bad. That could be her neutral ending.

...then again, that's too "uniform" for the devs, so I'm probably wrong.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)