Awesome Idea... Know it's Not Likely Going to Happen, Though

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xfraze

Re: Awesome Idea... Know it's Not Likely Going to Happen, Th

Post by Xfraze »

For what it's worth, I really liked the idea. I also don't understand all the rage for something optional.
hatori1181

Post by hatori1181 »

I think it would be a neat idea for skipping over parts that have similar paths.

let's say you've finished Hanako's path, then want to start Lilly's, you could make all of the decisions UP TO the final decision at the end of act 1 and breeze through it, skipping everything you've already seen. I'd like to see that.
My original play-through schedule: Hanako, Lilly, Emi, Shizune, Rin.
After playing through the game a second time, the revised list goes like this: Lilly, Hanako, Shizune, Emi, Rin.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

If you activate the "skip unseen scenes" option, you can get from a fresh install to 100% completion in under 30 minutes.
let's say you've finished Hanako's path, then want to start Lilly's, you could make all of the decisions UP TO the final decision at the end of act 1 and breeze through it, skipping everything you've already seen. I'd like to see that.
You could also save your game before the final decision. Same effect and even faster.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

I'm not talking about skipping anything.

I just think it'd be neat if a VN came out (obviously not KS, unless the Devs had this idea a LONG time ago, as I said in the OP) with this as an unlockable option where you could simply make all the choices in advance and enjoy the whole thing, or any individial act of the story, uninterrupted.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

I don't think it's really necessary, either. I'm not trying to hate on it, it's just... not practical.
-First of all, you have to somehow remember EVERY single choice in the game, all at once, to get to your desired path. If you screw up you have to go start it over. (if you can change as you go, then you basically have the normal game going on, and there is no point to this mode at all)
-Second, even if it kind of tells you what happens in each scene, isn't that really defeating the purpose of giving it another good ol' playthrough? You just skimmed the whole thing, and have already remembered everything that's going to happen.
(points 1 and 2 would be slightly more practical if you could just say "Shizune good ending" and go with it)
-Third, the reading speed thing. I know can't stand having something skip forward without me or take too long after I finished reading. Sometimes a person might space out for a second or think about what's happening in the scene. Having it just chug along and ignore all of these things would take away from the immersion. OK, so what if you just push to advance like normal? Then it's really not any different than playing it normally. Higurashi/Umineko have no choices to make, and you simply advance forward, but it still feels like a VN to me, nothing special from that feature alone.

I think what you really want is a different presentation of the story that isn't really meant for a VN. Maybe an audio drama, video, anime, or something else, where the director/writer have come up with a pre-set version of the story for you. Something where you can just hit "play" and enjoy it.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Guys, he meant making the choices at the beginning and then reading it like normal except the choices have all been made already.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

Basically make an unlockable feature at the end of the game. You make all the choices you want to early in the game, like choosing pages and reading only the single path that you want to explore, without having to *click your way forward through the story.

This makes me think of a customized-novel. who else wants this? -> :putnam:
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

Personally id rather they'd finish the damned thing already, i have already considered kidnapping relatives and sending body parts to them as a threat to hurry the fuck up xx
Hanako > Shizune > Lily > Rin > Ami
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

Having the feature itself wouldn't be bad. It's a new customization idea, and no one dislikes extra stuff.

There's no need to implement it JUST on auto mode. User pace reading should follow the same desirable result. In fact the posts here are misleading; if you can apply this on auto mode it definitely could run on the click by click pace as well.

The one flaw would be that sometimes dialogues before/after the choice sound awkward. For example, "There is no time, what should I do...?" choice "I pick up a broom and swung it down on Kenji's head." The 'what should I do' just makes thing sound weird.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

You guys do remember that I said in the OP that I'm not expecting this to be in KS, right? Not unless the Devs had the idea a long, long time ago. And I'm most certainly NOT asking them to do any extra work if it's not in there. I just think it'd be cool if some future VN had this as an unlockable option.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who