Katawa Shoujo Act 1 v5 released!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Shujoxa

Re: Katawa Shoujo Act 1 v5 released!

Post by Shujoxa »

Red_Machine wrote:I would suggest people not download this unless you need to, it resets your save data and you lose your unlockables.
But it's not that hard to get back, if you remember how to get the endings and scenes.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

Even though I've been following KS for years, I've still only done Rin and Shizune's route as well as the BAD END (which actually crashed the game when it happened) so this is a good excuse to do the other routes and re-do Rin and Shizune's.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Silentcook wrote:The Spanish translation team has surged with members, bickered about the flavor of Spanish to use, and dropped out of sight - not necessarily in this order. The only "officially" surviving member is Pato2747. People interested in helping him should contact him.
Ah Yes, the European vs. Latin American Spanish Pissing Contest aka, The Holy War of Vosotros. I should have guessed
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Silentcook wrote:The Spanish translation team has surged with members, bickered about the flavor of Spanish to use, and dropped out of sight - not necessarily in this order. The only "officially" surviving member is Pato2747. People interested in helping him should contact him.
The reason I joined this forums was actually to send him a private message telling him I was willing to help, after reading the spanish translation thread. Never got a reply, and his profile says he hasn't visited these forums since september.
Nyo ho ho~
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Can't do anything about you not getting a response, but:
Pato2747 wrote:Avoiding-an-innecessary-penta-post-Edit (May 12 2010): Yes, I am still working on the translation. Just to make this very clear, I will keep working on it until I specifically state otherwise.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Napalm wrote:I suppose there will be one when the full game is released. Or not. What I do know is that in a time there was a translation team, but I never heard anything else about them.
In any project this size, a number of contributors dropping out is to be expected. When I joined the German 'team' it consisted of one other member. I never even met the two who are officially listed as the german translation team, and they must have dropped out pretty early, given the status of the project back then.
I personally wouldn't mind helping with the spanish translation, but I'd hate to have the story spoiled because of it.
Don't worry. As I said above, you won't have access to any spoilerific material.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Esquire

Post by Esquire »

I saw the release notice, then realized it was for more translations. Don't get me wrong, its fantastic for others! But since English is my first Language, doesn't make much of a difference to me. I thought you guys had given me the best birthday present ever for a moment there :P
SUPERARYAN

Post by SUPERARYAN »

I saw the keywords "Katawa Shoujo" and "released". Thanks for the mini-stroke, guys.
muramasa13

Post by muramasa13 »

Aw...when I first saw it I was hoping for something cooler
Not that it isn't cool, of course, it's simply cool in a way that doesn't concern me
No offense to those who translated or the non-English speakers, of course <.<
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

This thread inspired me to translate into Kiwiese.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

I wish I knew more of either Welsh or Gaelic than I do. Not exactly the most necessary languages for translation since most if not all of the people who speak them know English as well, but it'd be pretty cool to do nonetheless.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
grimeyes

Post by grimeyes »

Thanks a lot guys. You almost gave me a heart attack. I thought the game was finally released. :lol:

Good news for all the non english speaking folks there though.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~hlu36/KS_Act1/

A little bummed that you guys didn't contact me for hosting like you normally do, but I guess it's to be expected as I'm not on IRC nearly as much anymore.
静音是买外夫
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

Wondering what this would be like in vietnamese...
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

PasterOfMuppets wrote:Wondering what this would be like in vietnamese...
Korean or Tagalog would be intresting too
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic