3D Emi

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Goldilurks

Re: 3D Emi

Post by Goldilurks »

Chocolate Emi
[shimmie]1985[/shimmie]
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Re: seams. Have a link.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Totz the Plaid wrote:Though this is astonishingly excellent work, I wish you'd chosen to go with a more stylized, less realistic look since you're falling directly into the depths of the uncanny valley.

CGI isn't advanced enough yet to be indistinguishable from real life, so all the failings that are currently unavoidable just make excellent work into nightmare fuel as is happening here (see also the horrible horrible recent creations of Robert Zemeckis). Going a more Pixar-y route and making the character a little more cartoony would still make a great-looking Emi, and in fact would, in my opinion, look much better than this almost-but-not-quite-perfectly-human one you've got going.

Like I said though, excellent work.
Well, compared to a human, my model does have bigger eyes, smaller nose, smaller mouth, etc. as i've been trying to make a stylized character. I could step it up a bit more and perhaps get something closer to this:

As it is now, my model is closer in proportion to this:

Silentcook wrote:Re: seams. Have a link.
Magnificent, i thank both you and Atashi for this.
Saved both the image and a link to the thread.

Update:

Fixed the Seams and quickly made a bow tie.
Hamachi ID: Melty Blood EU
Password: sugoisugoi
Mr. Timms

Post by Mr. Timms »

Uncanny valley is uncanny. But here! Fanart fanart!

Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Since i'm separated from my workstation during easter vacation there will be no progress until tuesday.

I had planned on doing the feet once i got started again. Since she wears stockings, i reckon her prosthetic legs won't show at all when she's not wearing blades.
Does anyone happen to know what the type of shoes they wear with their uniform is called? From what little i've been able to find of KS art where they show the shoes, it seems they'll be really easy to make, though a close-up photo of similar shoes would help me grasp the construction a lot better.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Hair needs more volume. Right now it's laying almost flat on her scalp and has no "fluff" to it. Your Eva reference is a great example. Obviously doesn't have to be so exaggerated, though.
I imagine it will also help once there's some texturing on her head and we can see a real hairline. :)

Suggestions on the face:
Emi has one of the roundest face out of all the girls. Right now your model has a kind of tall face and pointy chin. The face is actually more believable from the "chocolate Emi" view right now :P
Anyway, I think rounding it out a little will help her look younger.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Sajomir wrote:Hair needs more volume. Right now it's laying almost flat on her scalp and has no "fluff" to it.
Agreed, will fix it.
I imagine it will also help once there's some texturing on her head and we can see a real hairline. :)
I'm sure it will.
also, the current hair texture is just something i slapped on to check something. It was made for my first character who had short hair, and won't be used in the final product.
Right now your model has a kind of tall face and pointy chin.
Maybe i can give her rounder cheeks, as for the chin, it doesn't look too pointy compared to this (on second though, perhaps a little).

If i were to compare it to the older sprites, i'd have to agree.

Anyway, I think rounding it out a little will help her look younger.
I see your point and i'll most likely do some modifications to fix it once i get back to working on the face. Keep in mind though that it looks extra pointy right now because her mouth is slightly open.
Dollywitch

Post by Dollywitch »

Roy-Kr wrote:Well, compared to a human, my model does have bigger eyes, smaller nose, smaller mouth, etc. as i've been trying to make a stylized character. I could step it up a bit more and perhaps get something closer to this:

Sorry, but where does that Asuka image come from? Do you have one for Rei? Thanks.
Last edited by Silentcook on Mon May 02, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bloody Hell, you needed to nestquote a whole post and several images just to ask THIS?
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Small update; made some shoes, found them too "Lilly-ish".
Think i'll start over and make some sneakers.

Dollywitch wrote:
Roy-Kr wrote:Sorry, but where does that Asuka image come from? Do you have one for Rei? Thanks.
Snatched it from Danbooru, artist name is Ikedan.
There's plenty of stuff there by him, including Rei.
Btw, you'll need to sign up on Danbooru or it'll downsize images. It's a quick process though.

If you feel your moonspeak skills are good enough, you can probably find more on his Pixiv.
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

Won't be any updates for a while since i'm currently doing a 5 week long obligatory animation assignment.

At the moment i'm making a dinosaur do the thriller.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Roy-Kr wrote:At the moment i'm making a dinosaur do the thriller.
And now I'm reminded of a comic book where a character mentioned having Godzilla playing the Claude Rains part in 'Casablanca'. :lol:
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
MrKnives

Post by MrKnives »

It's looking good, something is yet missing but it's good.
Be my lifeline... for this lifetime.
Suffer in pleasure... for ever and ever...
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

It's missing quite a lot as it's still in the starting phase, but it'll get a good overhaul and some details at some point, assuming i don't succumb to laziness.
Seems I'll be finished with my animation assignment way ahead of time, so I'd like to make some progress. Maybe i'll find a solution to the hand problem.
MrKnives

Post by MrKnives »

By the way comparing it with the one you want to equal, emi's neck is a little long for someone of her stature.
Be my lifeline... for this lifetime.
Suffer in pleasure... for ever and ever...
Roy-Kr

Post by Roy-Kr »

True, it does look a little too long.