New stuff of Neuman|| Katawamon: Welcome to Ceridian Forest

WORDS WORDS WORDS

neumanproductions

Re: New stuff of Neuman|| Katawamon: Preparations

Post by neumanproductions »

U.T. Raptor wrote:There had better be a Lillybat.
(it has no eyes, you see :wink: )
Now why do you have to go speculating like that and making obvious suggestion. Now I know how the devs feel whenever i'm spouting my thoughts onto the forums. Oh well, now I just might have to make a few alterations to make you guys more suprised if i'm this obvious; suprised just like anyone reading something from Kosher.
Morph wrote:I think Smeargle would be a better Rin.
(I just realized that I still remember nearly all pokemon?! I am a little scared of myself now :shock: )
You forget the most important thing of all...Rin has no arms and caterpie technically has only has legs.
I'm playing the disabilities towards what pokemon they respresent, so i'm sure a true pokemon fan will be able to figure out Shizune...or maybe I should make her katawamon ironic in a way.
(Free cookie to whoever can guess what I mean by an ironic Shizunemon)
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Mirage_GSM

Re: New stuff of Neuman|| Katawamon: Ceridian Forest

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Don't worry, you'll surprise me no matter what you do.
I admit that's pretty easy, though, because I know no Pokemon besides Pikachu.
(And yes, I will be surprised if you use that one.)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Wan-wanniche

Post by Wan-wanniche »

This is so nostalgic... and funny as hell. I like how you have Hisao do what we all wish we could do in the Katawamon games.
'I can't pass unless you force information I already know down my throat? Go Katawaball!'
Rin takes an unexpected lead in the updated polls.
Surprised? a little
Is this unexpected? Have you met Rin:)?
Expect the unexpected. lol
Petermeter

Post by Petermeter »

Nice Story, love the part about the actual game like senselessly running around and the completely free-of-charge Pokecenter.
Gotta love the women <-> Pokemon part though... makes you think about a) having up to 6 of them around you anytime and b) being able to recharge them whenever you want. Do Want.
Ranking after act 1:
Hanako > Rin >> Lilly > Shizune > Emi
I played the routes in that order, every ending and all.
Ranking after full playthrough:
Lilly > Emi >> Rin ~ Hanako > Shizune
neumanproductions

Re: New stuff of Neuman|| Katawamon: Welcome to Ceridian Cit

Over two months of me being lazy on my writing (actually I haven't been able to write much lately, period) I have finally gotten around to pulling the next installment of Katawamon from head to virtual paper and have decided that I need to get it out to the public. One more week and i'll be very active in alot of things so don't you worry. The Adventures of Hisao and his Katawamon will be continuing for some time.

Katawamon: Welcome to Ceridian City

The city is bustling with activity. You think there would be a lot more vehicles present in a big city but the only means of transportation you see are bicycles and bicycle racks lining the fronts of buildings. You thought it best that Hanako and Rin ride in their katawaballs to avoid any chance of losing them. Especially, after you had woken up to discover Rin missing only to find her crafting what looked like a deformed human or maybe a bunny with her silk thirty meters away. Randomly some guy walks up to you, looking friendly but sporting a cheesy mustache.

“Why hello, you look like you’re a tough trainer.”

“Really, I only just started a few days ago.”

“You must obviously be here to challenge this city’s gym leader.”

“I guess I should do that, seeing as I intend on becoming the Katawamon League Champion.”

“You know, there was a guy who arrived a little before you that said the exact same thing.” You ponder the thought for awhile and could only guess who it was. “He had this really powerful Mishalax and totally owned the local trainers.” His description confirmed your theory.

“Did this guy say where he was going?”

“Why, to the gym of course. I warned him that the gym leader uses Fighting-type Katawamon but he said something about being prepared for that as he pointed to a second Katawaball strapped to his thigh.”

A second Katawaball? That must mean that Kenji caught himself another Katawamon.

“Thanks for the information sir.”

“Oh, young man,” you turn back towards him. “Take this TM, it might be useful to you.”

‘You received TM46: Psychic’

“Wow, thanks. Did you give this to the other guy?”

“Oh no, you realize how expensive these things are? I just want to see you have a good chance against the gym leader. I would have given it to that other guy had he not been so arrogant.”

Finally, you set off towards the gym in hopes of running into Kenji.

“Welcome, to Ceridian Gym!” says a man missing his left leg as you enter the gym. “Our gym leader Muto uses Fighting-type Katawamon. I don’t tell this to everyone but Fighting-types are weak against Psychic-types you know.”

“Yes I do. Now, could you tell me if a kid resembling Harry Potter came through this gym?”

“As a matter of fact, yes. There was a young man like that who came here. Easily overtook Mutou with that one Katawamon of his. I can’t remember what it was called or much what it looked like though. We door greeters don’t really get to see the battles.”

“So he’s already been and gone.”

“Yep, left about an hour ago; saying something about moving onto the next town.”

You feel disappointed frustration that you weren’t able to confront Kenji and pay him pack for what he did during your last battle. You come to realize, however, that with this new Katawamon of Kenji’s that things might have ended up worse if you had challenged him again.

“Rin hasn’t had any battle experience and there’s no reason to go into a battle like that without taking some time to get stronger.” You whisper under your breath. “It’s probably best if I get my Katawamon stronger.”

“If it’s leveling up you want why not use some of these.” He pulls out a bag of what looks like candy in blue wrappers. “These are called rare candies; they improve the strength of your Katawamon simply by eating them.”

“But why don’t I see other trainers use something like these?”

“Shhhh…only a very elite group knows about them and you have to keep them a secret.”

“Sure, thank,” you reach your hand out but it’s swatted away. “Whatcha do that for?”

“You think people just go around giving you free stuff all the time. 200Kbucks.”

“For the bag?”

“A piece.”

“That’s outrageous!”

“Hey kid, you aren’t going to find something like this lying around. Tell you what; I’ll give you the family discount.”

“Alright that sounds more like…”

“Only 195Kbucks each.”

================================================================
You are sitting by a tree in the park with a bag in your lap.

“Well, it cost me everything I had along with my pair of shoes but it should be well worth it. And it was ever so nice of mom to bring me my running shoes hopefully she’ll never need to know where my old pair went.”

“Riiin, Riiin.”

“Alright Rin let me just read these instructions.”

‘Rare Candies: How to use. #1) Unwrap the candies as the foil is unedible.”

“Like who wouldn’t know that.” You throw the wrapper to the ground.

“Riiin, Riiin.”

“No Rin, don’t eat that!”

‘Rare Candies: How to use: #2) Have your Katawamon eat the candy and wait for 2 minutes.’

“Guess that’s all the instructions. Here you go Rin, try this.” You feed Rin a handful of the candies you had unwrapped. “What’s this?”

“Hana, Hana.” Hanako is holding another sheet of paper in her hands.

“Looks to be some more instructions.”

‘Rare Candies: Side-effects. Those trainers who use Rare Candies may notice an alteration in their Katawamon’s mental state and/or may develop an obsession to pants.’

“What’s that supposed to mea…” Suddenly you feel a tickling sensation running up your leg. “Rin, get out of there. That’s, hehehe, that’s, hahawhooo, that is no place for you hahahaha!”

======================================================
“That’s it, no more Rare Candies. At least for now anyways.”

You had managed to pull Rin out of your pants just before something dangerously wrong might have taken place. *Draw Disturbing Image Now!*

“Hana, Hana.”

“I don’t know, it said 2 minutes yet I don’t see what’s supposed to…” you’re interrupted by a bright light radiating from Rin. “There’s that damn music again. Where does it keep coming from?”

“Hana.”

Hanako redraws your attention to the now seizure educing light and you move quickly to cover both yours and her eyes. The music suddenly stops and you slowly open your eyes to behold no longer a Rinerpie but something else perched upon your head.

‘Rinafree, the winged Katawamon. ||Type: Bug/Flying| Sex: ♀|| The evolved form of Rinapod. The wings of a Rinafree are able to project strong winds at its foes. It has also been known to cause confusion to those who are near it.’

“Rinapod, hmmm…must have missed that stage. Hey, it says here that one of the moves Rinafree can learn is Psychic.”

You pull the TM the old man in town had given you earlier that day and look at it. You notice a small label on the top of the disc.

‘One time use only.’

“So am I supposed to put it in like a machine, or play it like a CD or what?” Rin suddenly takes a bite out of the disk. “Hey, I don’t think…oh yeah, it says they eat it. Guess that’s why it’s only a single use.”

“Rina, Rina!”says Rin as she happily flies above head.

“Alright guys, I think we’re ready to take on Mutou and the Ceridian Gym.”

=============================================================
You arrive once again at the gym but this time you aren’t greeted by the one-legged man but a a police man.

“Excuse me but have you seen a creepy guy with one-leg around here?”

“Umm…sorry haven’t seen anyone fitting that description.”

“Well, if you do please report it immediately. We’ve received a tip reporting that man to be selling bags of illegal rare candies.”

“Sure thing officer.” The moment he leaves the building you breathe a sigh of relief. “Of course they had to be illegal. Guess I’ll just keep them for now and hope they don’t find that guy. Otherwise he’ll probably squeal about me purchasing some from him.”

“Hello trainer, I challenge you to a battle!” says a shirtless man.

“Are you Mutou?”

“No, my name is Fighter Jim.”

“Seriously, your name if Fighter Jim? What kind of name is that?”

“It’s a family name, see. These are my three sisters, Fighter Terra, Fighter Jena, and Fighter Christina. Also you should meet my cousins Fighter Chris and Fighter Kenny.” You greet the multiple fighters noticing that the girls all resemble each other and the same is true for the guys. “Now, each of us wants to challenge you to a Katawamon Battle.”

“No.”

“What?”

“I said no. I’m only here to battle the gym leader and have no time to waste on the likes of you guys.”

“That’s mean,” says Fighter Jena.

“I don’t care, I’m in a rush and don’t have the time to deal with you guys. Maybe at a later date but right now I’ve got a rival I need to catch up to in the following town so if you would excuse me.”

You push past the group encountering virtually no resistance, despite their physical stature dwarfing that of your own. Standing in the back of the room towers a tall man with facial hair that gave him the appearance of an old country hobo yet still spoke of some of experience.

“So, I see you managed to get past that group of fighters.”

“Yeah, what’s the deal with them anyways?”

“I haven’t a clue. They all just showed up one day and I haven’t been able to get them to leave. Anyways, I guess you’ve come to challenge my gym.”

“That would be the case, and I’ll let you know that I intend on winning.”

“Oh really,” giving off a slight laugh which is poorly hidden under a breath. “You’ve got some spunk kid but it takes more than that to beat a gym leader like me. Time to learn a lesson you won’t soon forget.”

‘Gym Leader Mutou challenges you to a battle. Gym Leader Mutou sends out Mikilee.’ You take out your Katawadex.
‘Mikilee, the single-fist Katawamon. ||Type: Fighting| Sex: ♀|| Lacking a second fist, it has strengthened its right arm to abnormal levels to compensate. It can be found training on mountain tops smashing giant boulders. Rockslides are known to be a sign of large groups of Mikilee training together.’

“Alright, let’s get this on. Go Hanako!”

“Hana, Hana.”

“Hmm, a fire type like that isn’t going to do much damage. Miki, Mega Punch!”

“Quick Hanako, dodge it!” She just gets out of the way in time.

“I see she has a decent speed but I bet her defense is lacking. Miki, Mega Punch again!”

“Dodge it!”

The intensity of the battle continues as Hanako is able to throw in an attack every so often but spends most of the time dodging Miki’s intense punches. Hanako’s speed appears to be decreasing at an alarming rate.

“You can’t keep dodging forever. My Mikilee has trained her endurance to be the top of the line.” He’s right; Miki looks to be in perfect shape.

“Well, I didn’t want to do it unless I had to but…Hanako, return.”

“So, switching out Katawamon. Let’s hope you have something a little more interesting.”

“And interesting you shall see. Go Rin! Show him what you got.”

“Riiin, Riiin.” As soon as she is released…

“Rin, get off of my pants! That’s no place for you!”

“You’re right, that is interesting.”

“Haha, very funny. You graduate from Humor U?”

“Really, what’s nicked you in the butt? Hahaha!”

“Oh that is it! Rin, use that new move I taught you.” She clings tighter to your pants. “No, no, not that move! Use Psychic against that Mikilee.”

“Riiin.” She flies into the air spinning as she goes. A weird multi-pink and purple colored light envelopes the area causing Miki to tilt back and forth as if she was on a boat.

‘Mikilee has become confused.’

“Come on Miki, don’t let that get you down. Mega Punch!” However, Miki’s confusion causes her to swing her fist in an uncontrollable manner and somehow manages to hit herself smack dab in the face. “Great, here we go again. And I used my last full restore on that idiot before.”

“Oh come on, how cheap is that? You know, they shouldn’t allow you to use items like that in a battle anyways. Rin, Psychic again!”

It didn’t take much longer for Miki to literally knock herself out. You’re surprised to see no blood loss after all those hits to the face as Rin circles around her now fainted opponent.

“Alright Miki, return. You did your best, but we’ll really have to work on how easily confused you get.”

“Come on send out your next Katawamon, we’re all pumped up. Isn’t that right Rin?”

“Riiin, Riiin.”

“Sorry, but Miki is all I have.”

“You’re kidding, right?”

“Nope, that’s a fact. It’s a rule, set down by the Katawamon League for some reason, that I can only have a battle with one Katawamon maximum. It’s like they know this is the first gym or something that everyone starts at. Anyways, I guess that means you get this Fist Badge.

‘Trainer Hisao received the Fist Badge.’ *music plays*

“So it was you playing that damn music all the time.”

“I’m required to play it every time someone beats me.” He turns off the stereo. “Hmmm, seems like I’ve been playing it a lot lately.”

“Before you go all emo on me could you tell me about how Kenji was able to defeat you?”

“You mean that Russian looking kid with the glasses and ugly scarf? Yeah, he had this huge Mishalax that I was easily able to defeat but then he threw out this Katawamon wearing glasses of all things. I won’t forget the glair she gave me. It was as though she was so confident that I didn’t even look like a challenge to her. That confidence wasn’t falsely expressed for it seemed like I blinked and it was all over.”

“What was this Katawamon of his?”

“Ms. Shizunime.”

[to be continued]
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Re: New stuff of Neuman|| Katawamon: Welcome to Ceridian For

Post by Shades of gray »

*blinks*

*double blink* Ms. Shizunime...

Interesting fact : The pokemon Mr. Mime. even when you catch a female one, its name stays as MR. Mime.... transgender... or a trap? you decide
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Shades of gray wrote:

Interesting fact : The pokemon Mr. Mime. even when you catch a female one, its name stays as MR. Mime.... transgender... or a trap? you decide
You planned that out Nueman you sly dog, if Ms. Shizunime is always female that means her brother will be as well. Trap indeed :mrgreen:
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

scott1and wrote: You planned that out Nueman you sly dog, if Ms. Shizunime is always female that means her brother will be as well. Trap indeed :mrgreen:
Except for Nidoran having both a male and female form - derp :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Leotrak wrote:
scott1and wrote: You planned that out Nueman you sly dog, if Ms. Shizunime is always female that means her brother will be as well. Trap indeed :mrgreen:
I meant that if you look at a Ms. Shizunime (whatever they look like) I'm guessing it looks female, and even if Hideaki is a male version of the creature, he will still look female. That said, if Neuman brings Hideaki in later as some other breed of creature then just ignore what I've said.
Rocket Royal

Post by Rocket Royal »

I only read the death note and pokemon stories. I had a pokemon idea but scrapped it for sherlock holmes. I'll have to give mine some thought so it isn't too similar to yours.
neumanproductions

scott1and wrote:
Leotrak wrote:
scott1and wrote:You planned that out Nueman you sly dog, if Ms. Shizunime is always female that means her brother will be as well. Trap indeed :mrgreen:
I meant that if you look at a Ms. Shizunime (whatever they look like) I'm guessing it looks female, and even if Hideaki is a male version of the creature, he will still look female. That said, if Neuman brings Hideaki in later as some other breed of creature then just ignore what I've said.
Very inciteful of you when it comes to the Pokemon universe in which some of one pokemon are actually 100% of a single sex and can therefore only be breeded with a ditto or other species in the same Egg Group.
I have been crazily busy lately straight through summer and the fall like nuts but I have not forgotten my Pokemon story which I will return to in the following weeks. But such as I said on the new topic of "Writing a Musical based on KS" I will be trying my hand on that as well over this time period
U.T. Raptor

Post by U.T. Raptor »

Shades of gray wrote:*blinks*

I'll pick "given an English name before Pokemon had genders"...