Sources of inspiration/ideas/brainmolestations (kosherbacon)

Feel free to post any fan works in this forum.

Leotrak

Sources of inspiration/ideas/brainmolestations (kosherbacon)

Post by Leotrak »

Technically, this thread won't contain any actual fan works, but I didn't think this'd be suitable on the public information board...

Anyway.

Where do you people get your ideas from? Is there anything in particular that jump-started your creative engines to create what you've created on these boards? How random do your minds get before you are able to produce something you think worthy of another's attention/so bad you just have to torture others with it?

And maybe even more interesting, what levels of insanity haven't you shared? What ideas were too crazy/bat-shit insane/crappy, or maybe just too boring, to make something of?

Personally... I have no answer to any of these questions T_T It's a somewhat organized chaos inside my head, which sometimes sparks some really random ideas (a few of which ended up on the fanfic board), but usually it just throws crap at me... And sometimes, I get a random idea late at night, which I then lose to a good night's sleep.
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
kosherbacon

Re: Sources of inspiration/ideas/brainmolestations (kosherba

Post by kosherbacon »

^^
Implying that I'm the only sick fuck around here. :wink:
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

I once began to write a Hanako/Hisao body swap story. I got one chapter in before reading it back to myself after a month of procrastination and realized how retarded it was. The only thing I was pleased with was my (pseudo)scientifically based representation of what switching bodies would be like. Other than that, I've shared every idea that came to me so far.

As for inspiration, I draw from Zdzislaw Beksinski, Carlton Mellick III, D. Harlan Wilson, Kevin Donihe, William S. Burroughs, Animal Collective, and Tom Waits. A few movies have inspired me as well, but their names don't come to me at the moment. The impact that they had is all I remember.
These fermions smell positively ionic.
HSektor

Post by HSektor »

I don't wanna talk about it. :(
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Of the four fanfictions I've written for these forums so far, one was inspired by a line from Act 1, two were inspired by other fanfictions here on the boards and one by a real-life experience. You figure out which was which ;-)
I got the idea for the fifth thing I wrote here (not exactly a fanfic), because I did the same thing for another project.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Mine was directly inspired by a previous story here. The important stuff in it though—Emi talking about the driver who caused the accident and Iwanako's horrible situation—were actually inspired by similar themes in Joan Of Arcadia.

My next story—as yet unfinished—was inspired by a comment on these boards.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Most know me as a novice writer on here since KS is actually what started my fic writing. Personally for me I go with whatever ideas come to mind immediatelty and don't let anything stop me. Back on my debut series "A Day in the Life of ______" I had just thought about something that was said regarding another visual novel where you could got through the same storyline but through a different POV character.
Others of mine more on the comedy side like "Let's put on a Show" and "A Katawa Shoujo Halloween" are things that honestly would come to me in the middle of a class, bed, or while i'm on commute. You really just got to go with what you see or hear as they shift around in your brain to form a coherent storyline somewhere along the way.

Also staight up imagery is a big part for me. How else do you think I make my Katawa Shoujo Yugioh cards. I surf the shimmie and the description just comes to me.

And trust me, you don't want to understand my mind anymore than that. :lol:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
whathaveicreated

Post by whathaveicreated »

My head is a strange, strange place.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

Many humans can be amazed of what lies in another human's mind man, many time sin life :>
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Smoku wrote:Many humans can be amazed of what lies in another human's mind man, many time sin life :>
So true, so true... Like how someone can take you by surprise by headbanging along to your favorite song when it's nowhere near the style of music they usually listen to >_>
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Rohalmen509

Post by Rohalmen509 »

I just read Kenji saying something that made sense, and then switched to another file which turned out to be Rin saying something intelligent. :P
I found out about KS from japanator, during Ero-week.

RinxKenji forever~ Rin shall succumb to Kenji's impressive intelligence, and Rin shall make him walk the straight path to victory.
my evidence to this. http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3044 :)

Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Lilly > Kenji > Emi
A1phaDrag0n

Post by A1phaDrag0n »

After going through the standard desensitization to reality we all go through, I found that being really bored inspires small boughts or productive thinking... I was instantly disgusted by the idea of doing something productive but the rare moment gave me the clarity to know that the best way to nip it in the bud would be writing a fan fic, and the thing that had been on my mind the most at the time was Katawa Shoujo, being my pet obsession of the moment... and here we are... being bored is how I do anything half way creative :/
Hanako=Rin>Lilly>Misha=Emi>Shizune

"They probably think you're a furry, your signature screams it. If they don't they definitely think your a newfag..."

"... lurk moar?"

"Probably your best bet at this point..."
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

The original ideas I used for my drawings came from a thread I've long since forgotten about.

But from then on it was simply What terrible jokes can I make about these characters next?
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind