Lilly Path Direction Complete

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Lilly Path Direction Complete

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Shades of gray wrote:...KS Will exceed my expectations
Ah, but you are expecting it to..
Sweet paradox 8)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

I appreciate that the last revision decided to eschew the "half-Westerner with big boobs" stereotype you see pretty often in Japanese visual pop-culture.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Boobs are awesome though.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Fronzel wrote:I appreciate that the last revision decided to eschew the "half-Westerner with big boobs" stereotype you see pretty often in Japanese visual pop-culture.
<Delta_Kurshiva> man it's weird to go along with a clichee shamelessly and then get told you're cool for NOT doing it
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Aura wrote:
Fronzel wrote:I appreciate that the last revision decided to eschew the "half-Westerner with big boobs" stereotype you see pretty often in Japanese visual pop-culture.
<Delta_Kurshiva> man it's weird to go along with a clichee shamelessly and then get told you're cool for NOT doing it
He didn't say you didn't do it - he said you toned it down from what you had. :P (and I agree, it looks much better going from version 3 to 4)
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Bara

Post by Bara »

Aura wrote:
Oh your hopeless for using cliches at all. The VN should have just consisted of strings of punctuation. Would that be "original" enough? :roll:
Give yourself a smidgen of credit for toning down a few of the rampant cliches in a fan made VN. That you were able to even put out a demo is amazing enough. How much stuff originating from "a cool idea" on the net dies due to "artistic differences", "non-compatible personalities" and so on and so on? KS is the the one in a million (billion?) that survived. Maybe due to blind stinking luck but maybe because you had a decent story to tell with a decent hook that interested people.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Aura wrote:<Delta_Kurshiva> man it's weird to go along with a clichee shamelessly and then get told you're cool for NOT doing it
As long as there are no unexpected tragic deaths in "good" ends, magical realism asspulls, or similar typical VN over-the-top melodrama, I can handle an overused character archetype or two.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Caesius

Post by Caesius »

I hope Lilly's breasts inexplicably double in size during the H-scenes. That'd be pretty great.
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

Caesius wrote:I hope Lilly's breasts inexplicably double in size during the H-scenes. That'd be pretty great.
I hope that happens to all the girls. At least as big as manyakis's versions.
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

....You know, I might've just figured out what Misha's disability is.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

Aura wrote:
I don't understand what you mean; the breasts of the final design don't particularly stand out, and certainly no more than the Shizune, Misha, or Rin designs.
Bulldozer

Post by Bulldozer »

Shades of gray wrote:
Jaksio wrote:Great Job Devs! Keep it up.

As for my comment about DNF I'll bet that even if it be released before KS, DNF will be so crapy game that every one will hate it.
it is almost guaranteed the fans will hate it good or not, 14 years builds lots of expectation
What the hell could anyone expectations be? Its Duke Nukem. He's supposed to kick ass and chew bubblegum and all that.
Yukimi

Post by Yukimi »

'm so glad there's one more path done... I knwo it's going to be months and months until this is finally released with finishing all the other paths and then beta testing (in which I won't participate unfortunately because I don't have time, nobody here and less the devs know me and I don't even know how to use IRCs :P). The game is going to be so awesome. You are speaking about DNF but I would compare this to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Silver ... ideo_game) , a very professionally fan-made sequel to King Quest that's awesome and it's being released in 5 chapters. Let's see which one finsihese earlier. I'm rooting for KS of course :)
Shizune=Akira > Lilly > Emi > Hanako > Rin (but all of them have a place in my heart and some other more interesting locations XP).
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

Bulldozer wrote:
Shades of gray wrote:
Jaksio wrote:Great Job Devs! Keep it up.

As for my comment about DNF I'll bet that even if it be released before KS, DNF will be so crapy game that every one will hate it.
it is almost guaranteed the fans will hate it good or not, 14 years builds lots of expectation
What the hell could anyone expectations be? Its Duke Nukem. He's supposed to kick ass and chew bubblegum and all that.
oh yes... i can see it now...

"yes thats right, with revolutionary innovation we have managed to make Duke nukem forever only need 1 button! to chew gum."
"what about gameplay?"
"as you can see you must defeat the gum before the timer runs out!"
"10 second timer? how long is this game?"
"this game is.... 12 seconds long! but it has infinite replayability!"
"Worst... Game... Ever... and yet I shall still buy it"
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

Duke Nukem CHEWS GUM, Forever. Bah, it sounds like something a a flash game, friend of mine would make. Then post in on New Grounds, just to piss people off.

Anyway, as for the blog post. It's nice to see progress. Maybe we'll this thing get done, before the end of the year.