Lilly Path Direction Complete

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Kazuki

Re: Lilly Path Direction Complete

Post by Kazuki »

Awesome. Guess Rin will probably be the next to be completed, followed by Shizune and Hanako.
"The only law you need is a gun and a good aim."
Scarlet Fox

Post by Scarlet Fox »

I like Ke^4's design the most. I like the twin ribbons and the atmosphere she gives off from that picture makes her seem like she's a bit more energetic and cheerful than our current Lilly. I also like that uniform a bit more.

However, I still like our current one, and I'm glad to see that the path direction is complete. Good luck finishing the next ones. I'm sure I don't have to tell you not to rush it.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

qinop wrote:Yes! Oh glorious day indeed! Suriko, you are truly a man deserving praise.

But what will you do now?
The path script itself has been done for a while now., and since then I've been busy with other KS writing, plus edits to L path as they came up in direction. There's plenty of other work left to do yet.

Edit: I also played Civ5 a while ago. A very big disappointment, so it's back to Civ4 I go. :(
Tahtorak

Post by Tahtorak »

Awsome! And ironically, it's Lilly's birthday tomorrow!
.., ,
-M
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

So Lilly's path direction is finished? Eh. I don't see any reason to get excited.
Suriko wrote:
qinop wrote:Yes! Oh glorious day indeed! Suriko, you are truly a man deserving praise.

But what will you do now?
The path script itself has been done for a while now., and since then I've been busy with other KS writing, plus edits to L path as they came up in direction. There's plenty of other work left to do yet.
Out of curiosity, do you and Hivemind mock the other authors who haven't finished their writing, editing, and path direction yet?

(Oh, and in b4 someone says "I like v3 Lilly with her larger boobs")
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

A better question is have the devs that haven't finished their drafts finished yet?

Either way this is getting done and I like it. We will be seeing release in a few months.
Jojje

Post by Jojje »

One down, four to go. Good job, guys and gals.
"Yeah, I like doing it in a horizontal position more, if you know what I mean.
But it can't be helped, can't ask the wall to lay down."
ChaoticGrowth

Post by ChaoticGrowth »

I believe that there are only 3 paths that still need direction. IIRC, Emi's path had been directed as of the update given on New Year's.
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

So how much dev crossover is there?

That is to say, with two paths done, will yourself (Suriko) and others primarily responsible for working on Lily and Emi's paths begin assisting with other aspects of the unfinished girls' stories, or do you get a bit of a well earned break?
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

Jaksio wrote:Great Job Devs! Keep it up.

As for my comment about DNF I'll bet that even if it be released before KS, DNF will be so crapy game that every one will hate it.
it is almost guaranteed the fans will hate it good or not, 14 years builds lots of expectation
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Could the same be said for KS and its 4+ year development time?
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
minkus

Post by minkus »

Aura wrote:Could the same be said for KS and its 4+ year development time?
I think a lot of people expected you guys to have given up by now, by the time this releases I'm sure the hype will build up the expectation.

No mention of Niji in the post? Whatever happened to him? (Did Hanako burn down his house too?)

Kenji: I wear a hat now.
HeMeido

Post by HeMeido »

Delicious update is delicious. Now please go back to working as slowly as possible. My desktop's going to be at the shop for at least two weeks and I would more pissed about missing KS' release than I would be about missing the Dragon Age II demo.
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Yay! Congratulations Suriko + everyone else involved in Lilly's path. Even if there's loads more work to do, I imagine it must be nice knowing that another path is done, and that you can focus your energy elsewhere.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

Aura wrote:Could the same be said for KS and its 4+ year development time?
very unlikely, you guys at least released a Demo :P

also note that DNF has had fans expecting something akin to the holy grail, whereas they will be getting a game, good or bad game that is worth 14 years in development is yet to be seen.

also note that you guys have let us know that yes, the game will be done, and yes, heres a tidbit about it etc etc.

that and you have no prior releases to compare to.

having said all that, I will be getting both KS and DNF (and would gladly PAY to get KS if it wasn't free)
I expect DNF will be fun but disappointing, KS Will exceed my expectations
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.