KS Expansion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

MrKnives

KS Expansion

Post by MrKnives »

This is just a quick idea i had by reading posts about other paths that will never be in the game, but couldn't it be possible to make an expansion of the game after this? I mean, during the dev the omake page said that playtime had to be 3 months, so, having in mind that hisao had his heart screwed up in winter and 4 months later (early april) he gets to Yamaku high, after 3 months it'd be july (end of first term in japanese high schools and start of summer vacations).

So, if his school year hadn't ended yet, could it be possible to make an expansion that tells about hisao's vacations (maybe) along qith his girl and another term of school to se if they really last as a couple or if it hisao would change his mind for another girl.

And please, for the love of any godly being, if you don't like post just refrain from making bad critics about the idea just because you don't like it, it's just my suggestion.
Be my lifeline... for this lifetime.
Suffer in pleasure... for ever and ever...
kosherbacon

Re: KS Expansion

Post by kosherbacon »

At the very least, I know adding stuff to the actual game goes against the license. Making your own spin-off, on the other hand, I don't know.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Read here, here, and the fourteenth point in the FAQ.

Seriously, what is it with all the add-on/sequel questions recently? We aren't even done with the game yet. :x
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

I think that the devs need to finish the game first. After that maybe they can start talking about an expansion.

If anything it could happen but if it did it would be something small, like a misha route and some new artwork. Not 5 new routes because that would be over kill

Another thought is what if fans got permission to make an expansion, like they and the devs came to some sort of agreement before starting or something? Could this be possible? Perhaps. But like a said lets finish the game and let it sit for a while. Then we can talk about making bonus stuff.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

Silentcook wrote:Seriously, what is it with all the add-on/sequel questions recently? We aren't even done with the game yet. :x
Can you just imagine how much less annoying the fandom will be once the game is out to keep them occupied? *nudge nudge wink wink motivate motivate*
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

ubergeneral wrote:I think that the devs need to finish the game first. After that maybe they can start talking about an expansion.

If anything it could happen but if it did it would be something small, like a misha route and some new artwork. Not 5 new routes because that would be over kill

Another thought is what if fans got permission to make an expansion, like they and the devs came to some sort of agreement before starting or something? Could this be possible? Perhaps. But like a said lets finish the game and let it sit for a while. Then we can talk about making bonus stuff.
I think it's against the ren'py license, or atleast i heard somewhere it was something like that.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Making expansions/spinoffs/whatever is against copyright laws and the game licence blah blah blah blah. Let's just say that we are not keen on letting other people screw around with the game assets, nor ever revisiting KS's setting again. Since we lack actual legal power to enforce our rights, it's more a polite request from our part: Please, let KS be what it is, okay?
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
MrKnives

Post by MrKnives »

Yeah yeah, i know this won't happen either, just thinking about it.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

MrKnives wrote:so, having in mind that hisao had his heart screwed up in winter and 4 months later (early april) he gets to Yamaku high
Actually, when Hisao joins Yamaku, it's already early June ">_> I'm 100% sure that particular month is mentioned somewhere down the line, but I forgot where... So I guess he had that heart attack in late February (February to March, March to April, April to May, May to June, makes 4 months ">_>)
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
MrKnives

Post by MrKnives »

Hmmmm, now that i think about that, yeah it's June (Lilly mentioned it when rin asked what day it was) but being logical, how the hell did winter extend to february? O_o, is the global warming so grave?
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Winter is usually defined as winter solstice (shortest day of the year in northern hemisphere) to equinox (day & night same length), so about Dec 22 to March 20.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

MrKnives wrote:.. how the hell did winter extend to february? O_o, is the global warming so grave?
... It's been like that since this calendar was written up... O.o
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune

Post by Guest »

Aura wrote:Making expansions/spinoffs/whatever is against copyright laws and the game licence blah blah blah blah. Let's just say that we are not keen on letting other people screw around with the game assets, nor ever revisiting KS's setting again. Since we lack actual legal power to enforce our rights, it's more a polite request from our part: Please, let KS be what it is, okay?
Where do you draw the line, though? I mean, you're obviously cool with fan art and fan fiction, but would putting the two together into a fan visual novel be not cool?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Basically, though there are no hard rules for it. Purely personally though, to me it's mostly about the degree of similarity with KS itself. For example, I don't pay any attention to the fan fiction forum, but if someone would rip open our script files, and write a 100 000 word "expansion" using our script format, it'd feel kinda weird, not to mention anything about making a VN out of it (or worse yet, using our game assets to do it)
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
fragmentedfear

Post by fragmentedfear »

Aura wrote:Basically, though there are no hard rules for it. Purely personally though, to me it's mostly about the degree of similarity with KS itself. For example, I don't pay any attention to the fan fiction forum, but if someone would rip open our script files, and write a 100 000 word "expansion" using our script format, it'd feel kinda weird, not to mention anything about making a VN out of it (or worse yet, using our game assets to do it)
I'm just a random fan and even I would hate to see that happen. It's beyond disrespectful and rude to the original project and all the years it took you guys to make it, and it'd just be awkward to see happen. I can't imagine how you guys that are actually involved in KS would feel. I hope for all our sakes this never happens.

But, then again, I never understood the passion behind any kind of fanfiction, so maybe I'm just stubborn. If you are that inspired by this VN that you want to "add" (ugh) to it, then why not just take that inspiration and make something new and unique instead, ya know?