A Big Genesis Fan

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Devvy

Re: A Big Genesis Fan

Post by Devvy »

Nicol you are my hero don't ever leave us again
Nero5150

Post by Nero5150 »

I loved most of the music from Act 1 and thought it was very well done. Finding out it is going to get better only adds to my excitement of the full game release, as if I did not have enough reasons to be excited already. :D
kourousx

Post by kourousx »

Welcome Back sir.

Waaaaay back when I first played KS, I really was struck by how good the music was -- it really lends some weight and gravitas to the whole thing.

It's been a long while since I played, and I look forward to more compositions being in KS. Since it's been awhile, I don't remember where (or if) it was specified which composer did what piece. So, this may not apply to YOU, but..

The one piece of music that bothered me was A Eh I Oh You, the nurse's theme.

1) It seems too busy and ominous for the character's first appearance (Although this may be more of issue for Delta's direction)

2) I listen to a lot of jazz from the 50's and 60's: Miles w/ Coltrane, Adderly & Shorter, Brubeck w/ Paul Desmond, Stan Getz, Basie band ect... so I've heard good saxophone playing . It may not bother anyone else, but that sax sample just ain't doing it for me. I can tell it's just a sample immediately upon hearing it.
A real player would phrase the melody assigned to it differently. Perhaps another instrument?

That would be my only criticism out all the music so far. Kudos and best of luck going forward.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Yeah, we've had a few problems with sax's recently. It turns out they're very difficult to sample realistically.

a e i o u was written for us by a guy named OverCoat, it's one of the very few pieces of music in the game not written by Blue or me. At the moment it's still my responsibility to get the soundtrack up to par, so it's a possibility I might do something about that track as well, but I'll wait until I'm done sorting out my own tracks first before I worry about the rest.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

0080 is better.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

I like Nicol's dere side being shown in the post.
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
vaen

Post by vaen »

this blog post made me really happy.
music is so important to a VN...