Are You Ready For Release?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aelexe

Are You Ready For Release?

Post by Aelexe »

Anyone who watches anime or, really any form of entertainment medium really will be fully aware of that crushing feeling you get as it comes to an end.

Are you guys prepared for that come release of Katawa Shoujo? I've been following it for so long, reading the fan fictions and becoming ridiculously attached to characters in a game that isn't even complete yet.

I'm not sure I will be ready to let it go =/.
Jaksio

Re: Are You Ready For Release?

Post by Jaksio »

I don't think that whan game will finaly come out we will have to "let it go". There will be another new wave of fan arts and fan fiction, discutions about plot, chararters and sytuations that will take place in game that we won't be compaling about lack of material.

Of course there won't be any waiting for game but, who knows. There is always hope for Katawa Shoujo 2. Or expansion :idea: .

But we will get to those topisc more clearly when game will be relaysed. And it still few monts so lets enjoy this remaining time to fullest.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

I'm going to miss the anticipation of waiting for KS to come out, regardless of how good it is. It's like opening a Christmas present. Yeah, you got the present, but now you can't look forward to opening it anymore.
GMKGoat

Post by GMKGoat »

I hope my body can take it...
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

I'm not so sure.... Like, when it comes out, we'll explode with happiness, we'll play, enjoy and do it for quite a time. But then our passion will burn out. Well... There's a possibility it might not burn away, actually. Slight, but it exists.

But if we start thinking about everything in such a way, life seems like a short little passing thing that burns out fast, so I believe we should enjoy everything we want without worries, even if in the future we might abandon it.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

It's not going to be released. Ever.
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

Those of us who enjoy a good story will have the most memorable parts glued into our minds. I can still remember more or less exactly how the first book I read and enjoyed goes. So hopefully my imagination will have a similar feast at this.
Hanako > Shizune > Lily > Rin > Ami
Wan-wanniche

Post by Wan-wanniche »

My theory is this.
It will come out. We will play it. It will be awesome.
No doubt I myself will succumb to my enthusiasm, and write bad fanfiction.
Then after the initial adrenaline and endorphine rush wears off, we will sit around and complain about the little 'flaws' we find in the game.
Because fans of anything do that. By definition.
Rin takes an unexpected lead in the updated polls.
Surprised? a little
Is this unexpected? Have you met Rin:)?
Expect the unexpected. lol
Rhaegar

Post by Rhaegar »

im really into it now, and the anticipation holds me, but my attention span ir fairly short. ill get board of replaying the game and reading the inevitable fanfic stuff before the fanfic writers get board with writing it. probably. (fingers crossed)
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

I'm going to release all over the monitor when it comes out.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

Surely I am, I can't wait as usual. It's the same for anime and manga, curiosity wins against everything, moreover I don't think the forums will die. I just wish I won't be overworked with school and violin.
blackrising

Post by blackrising »

I don't know...I'm totally looking forward to the release, but it's actually kind of scary.
The anticipation is the best part. (Well, besides the whole 'spending more time with [insert favourite girl's name] thing')

I'm gonna be down as hell when it's over, that's all I know.
Misha worshipper to the core. WAHAHAHA~

Misha>Rin=Hanako=Lilly>>Shizune>Emi

Since I was no bigger than a weavil they've been saying I was evil
That if "bad" was a boot that I'd fit it
That I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately
O fuck it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

I just wish and hope that I could be the first to run over to /a/ and rub their noses in it.

"[Link to DL site]
Fuck all of you haters and doubters. Katawa Shoujo has been released, bitch. What now?"

Then a mod would sticky the thread and have the BGM play the shimmie remix of "Standing tall"

That's my release day fantasy.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Well, of course I'm ready. It's what I've been waiting for. Sure, when you expect something for too long you are prone to dissapointment, but I think this won't be the case.

I like when something is finished. It does give me the feeling of emptiness, but that is a sign that the story-telling was good. The only thing you can do about it is moving on.
Burial_By_Fire wrote:I just wish and hope that I could be the first to run over to /a/ and rub their noses in it.
All they would do is start saying "babbys first VN", "GET OUT KS DEVS", etc. And probably come here to shit-post and troll.
Nyo ho ho~
bitpeg

Post by bitpeg »

Napalm wrote:All they would do is start saying "babbys first VN", "GET OUT KS DEVS", etc. And probably come here to shit-post and troll.
If you think that they'll respond to anything in an understanding and comprehensive manner, you shall go wanting.
These fermions smell positively ionic.