Rin
44%
Shizune
11%

Total votes: 5433

Action Doctor

Re: Favorite girl.

Post by Action Doctor »

Naevius wrote: Now, her treatment of Hanako I find a bit more undefendable. Guilt by association is hardly just. Maybe Shizune acts like that because she thinks Hanako should grow a spine (and finds her lack thereof disgusting) but it's still rather cruel.
This is actually the moment that derailed me during my first play through from the Shizune path and onto the Lilly/Hanako side. When I first started the game and got into the beginning classroom scenes I was pretty sure I was going to go with Shizune. She seemed to be open, helpful, and wanted to show the Hisao the ropes. She was revealed to be intelligent, strategic, and self-confident, all of which I found intriguing. Then her interactions with Lilly and Hanako sprouted up and my curiosity came to a full stop. I get that Shizune and Lilly have a high school-level feud going on and stuff like that can spill over. But when Hisao first comments about Hanako to Misha and Shizune and you hear "the friend of my enemy is my enemy" (or however it's worded) my reaction was, "Wait...that's the tack they're taking towards the burn victim with what appears to have severe social anxiety?" There's something about the way Shizune talks to Hanako when the latter is looking for Lilly that hits me really wrong. Even though Shizune is insulting Lilly, not Hanako, saying things like to such a timid and fragile person can still be hurtful and demotivating.

The sad thing is that Misha and Shizune probably don't mean anything that negative towards Hanako but they've put themselves in a position to not know what's going on with the girl. When someone's been granted a free pass by her teachers to come and go in the middle of class without comment I don't know if my first instinct would be to think of her as a delinquent. Hisao makes that assumption as well but he also takes to the time to learn that it's not the case.

I wound up putting off Shizune's ending for last. I didn't find the rest of her arc to be so bad but I was tired of the constant angling of ploys and mind games (OR WERE THEY); it got exhausting for me in the worst way. But I'm a hopeful for her arc going forward. As much as I enjoy the angle of having Misha filtering the mannerisms of a very different girl I look forward to Hisao being able to communicate with Shizune one-on-one. Partly because after the first act I'm curious to see how she does away from the girl who's likely been at her hip since they were both at the school and partly because I find Misha kind of annoying.
The good news is...you are going to live
The bad news is he's going to kill you
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

Well you know as a matter of fact sometiemes Moe is not enough to like a person and yes the Girl with a disfunctional parasitic dependency to my enemy is my enemy and sometimes you have to be blunt with shy people, hell I know I was one.
Not everything on this world you can get with just a spoon of sugar, sometime you have to be rude and mean.

And I just need to remember that as much in some place 18 is enough to be considered an adult not many people become magically mature at that age, some I don't pretend that you have to be every considerate and omnicomprensive, even Lilly with all her Informed Maturity don't know how to interact with Rin and Hisao pratically almost kill himself in Emi path like a total idiot.
Some of the girl are virgin too (except Misha since now I'm a Misha x Kenjii shipper) so lack lot of the emotional development that come from a relationship so I can just accept Shizune to be mean with Hanoko without just calling her a cruel bitchie bitch that bitch for the luls and the sake of the bitchness, especially since we have still 2 - 3 Act of character developmen still unknow.
Last edited by ElisaMasah on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

I view Shizune's actions toward Hanako as not being actually mean (or as a Shizune fan, maybe I blind myself to the truth). Either way, I focus on something Hisao said, something about Shizune not actively meaning to scare off Hanako, it's just they have personalities which are on the opposite extremes of a spectrum. Hanako backing down is the result of these two personalities meeting.
Last edited by G3n0c1de on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

G3n0c1de wrote:I view Shizune's action's toward Hanako as not being actually mean (or as a Shizune fan, maybe I blind myself to the truth). Either way, I focus on something Hisao said, something about Shizune not actively meaning to scare off Hanako, it's just they have personalities which are on the opposite extremes of a spectrum. Hanako backing down is the result of these two personalities meeting.
Truth be told, for Shizune not to scare Hanako off, she would have to act in a manner so different to what she constantly does, that it couldn't be called anything but fake, to the point it would be both ridiculous and, most probably, insulting to Hanako herself (although perhaps she wouldn't see it that way, or even realize it [assuming she had held this attitude from the very beginning, which she didn't, so it would be pointless at this stage]). Some people just aren't meant to get along, like the quote you chose says.
Nyo ho ho~
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

I suppose you're correct. Thinking about it now, Hisao himself got a lot of Shizune's analytical stares and he himself remarks about Hanako's reaction to "Shizune being her normal self" or something like that. Shizune's very strong-willed and always seems to want to gauge the determination and willpower of those around her. So, expecting her to NOT do that to Hanako is probably expecting her to act out of character. Heh, could you imagine if Shizune had actually been all sweet to Hanako? We would probably be having a conversation on how out of character that seemed to be for Shizune instead of the one we're having now.

I'm still not partial to her "the friend of my enemy is my enemy" quote but I'm more than willing to forgive it. I said in my first post on this thread, I believe, that Shizune was almost-but-not-quite on the level of my three other favorite fictional ladies. After mulling over it for a while, I think she's tied with them now.
York

Post by York »

Napalm wrote:Truth be told, for Shizune not to scare Hanako off, she would have to act in a manner so different to what she constantly does, that it couldn't be called anything but fake, to the point it would be both ridiculous and, most probably, insulting to Hanako herself (although perhaps she wouldn't see it that way, or even realize it [assuming she had held this attitude from the very beginning, which she didn't, so it would be pointless at this stage]). Some people just aren't meant to get along, like the quote you chose says.
Course I'm not sure I'd call that being ridiculous or insulting so much as trying to be sensitive, for someone with a problem like Hanako's.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Then again, it doesn't seem to me like Shizune would be the kind of person to act differently with other people. She seems more like the "I brake for nobody" girl. Just look at how she treats Hisao, who just joined the school one week ago.
Nyo ho ho~
Fhegy

Post by Fhegy »

Hanako
"She is beautiful no mater what they saaay~~"
No but seriously, I like "shy girls" and wanted to know here a bit more. It's not the outside that counts ya know!

But then again how can you not like Rin to? :D
I like toast!
J_Yum1978

Post by J_Yum1978 »

1. Hanako
2. Emi
3. Misha

I really don't like Rin, she seems weird to me.
Nero5150

Post by Nero5150 »

Rin being weird is part of the reason I like her path. I'm never quite sure what she is going to say, and I love that.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

I have to say that it is more than likely that a lot of people's choices will be different after they go through the finished product. Believe It! :lol:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

J_Yum1978 wrote:1. Hanako
2. Emi
3. Misha

I really don't like Rin, she seems weird to me.
I thought that was the entire point of her personality.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Cylog

Post by Cylog »

Darlat wrote: I thought that was the entire point of her personality.
I don't think she is wierd... like Hisao said, she is unique. I guess her mind works differently than others and thats a good thing.

My Ranking:
Lilly == Rin > Hanako > Shizune > Emi > (Misha)
I like Rin's interesting personality as well as Lilly calm Aura. I also like shy girls, but Hanako is a bit too shy for me ^^
I can't really sympathize with Misha, she looks very shallow and plain to me... (sry Misha fans)

(EDIT: Order fixed.)
Last edited by Cylog on Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:recursion
In order to understand Recursion, one must understand recursion.
goto recursion
===============
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Cylog wrote:My Ranking:
Lilly == Rin < Hanako < Shizune < Emi < (Misha)
Think you used the wrong symbol there >_> Especially when reading your reasoning...

On that note... I think I shouldn't have played through Act 1 again just to unlock some of the music >_<" In fact, I should just not touch it until the final release >_<"
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Cylog

Post by Cylog »

The wrong symbol? I just wanted to indicate that I like Lilly and Rin pretty much the same.
Anyways, the KS music is available on Youtube... you don't have to play the whole game again if you want to listen to more music.
:recursion
In order to understand Recursion, one must understand recursion.
goto recursion
===============
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."