If you *actually have* a physical disability, what is it?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Choose the most severe physical disability that applies to you. Blank vote if none apply.

Hearing impairment (Moderate to severe in one or both ears)
8%
Deafness (Profound in one ear)
2%
Deafness (Profound in both ears)
3%
Muteness
4%
Low vision (Correctable to 20/70-20/200)
46%
Legal blindness (Not correctable to 20/200)
4%
Blindness (Total in one eye)
4%
Disabled/amputated arm or hand
2%
Disabled/amputated leg or foot
5%
Other (specify) (NOT including mental or milder physical disabilities)
22%

Total votes: 958

Mirage_GSM

Re: If you *actually have* a physical disability, what is it?

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Just tunnel deeper, (but be sure not to wake any sleeping Balrogs.) ;-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Wrench Wench wrote:Well there's plenty of land I just have no clue if you can expand something like this. It's built into the side of the mountain effectively.
Woah woah... He built the house himself... into a mountain? That's awesome.

I did that once. In minecraft.
Nyo ho ho~
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Napalm wrote:Woah woah... He built the house himself... into a mountain? That's awesome.

I did that once. In minecraft.
Hired one of those digging machines to do most of the work but he did pretty much build the whole thing himself. Everyone in town thought it was really weird that this quiet English man had suddenly showed up and started camping out there in a caravan, thought it was even more weird when he started digging. The police actually pestered him a few times over it. Fucking hilarious looking back on it all really. I met him not long after he'd actually started building the place.

He even changed the plans he'd already made to make the place bigger than it would have been in order to accommodate me, I was all embarrassed at the time but in the long run it certainly seems to have been a good idea.

You remember the house Bilbo lived in the Lord of the Rings? It's a lot like that except it's in the side of a mountain not a hill.
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Wrench Wench wrote:You remember the house Bilbo lived in the Lord of the Rings? It's a lot like that except it's in the side of a mountain not a hill.
Hopefully bigger too, gandalf could barely move his head in that place.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

So you are planning on creating a large family of giants to live in a cave-house somewhere by a mountain in Scotland?
I don't know if it's creepy, awesome, hilarious, or all three. Keep updating us about how it goes, I want to be there to comment when they inevitably put all this in a "Cracked" article.
Oh, and tell your boyfriend he's a freaking badass :shock:
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Darlat wrote:Hopefully bigger too, gandalf could barely move his head in that place.
Well yeah he ended up making it a lot bigger than he originally intended just so I wouldn't end up braining myself on the doorframes.
At the moment there's not many rooms in it. Just a main room (which is also where we sleep), the kitchen and a bathroom. Then there's the garage but that's another building.
Minister of Gloom wrote:So you are planning on creating a large family of giants to live in a cave-house somewhere by a mountain in Scotland?
I don't know if it's creepy, awesome, hilarious, or all three. Keep updating us about how it goes, I want to be there to comment when they inevitably put all this in a "Cracked" article.
Oh, and tell your boyfriend he's a freaking badass :shock:
Would Cracked even care about anything in Scotland?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Wrench Wench wrote:You remember the house Bilbo lived in the Lord of the Rings? It's a lot like that except it's in the side of a mountain not a hill.
Sounds cozy. Send pictures.
Would Cracked even care about anything in Scotland?
Certainly. They even have an article about Wales.
(Though I have to admit that "extreme shepherding" vid at the bottom is simply awesome.)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Sounds cozy. Send pictures.
I would if I had one of those digital camera things. Although it would probably explode if I tried using it. This old computer is probably the most advanced thing I know how to use outside my work.
Anajamois

Post by Anajamois »

[*]Pushes the thread back onto the rails[*][/color]

I sometimes wish i had a disability. Like a missing eye. Hell if i know why.

The closest thing i have to a disability...? I suppose that i'm half as bad as Rin when it comes to getting to grips with reality. Simply put, i can be weird sometimes.
ElisaMasah

Post by ElisaMasah »

You know Wrench Wench, I've always thinked scotland people are made of awesome and win ... you just confirmed that.
When your teammate's in trouble, You go!
Whether they ask or not, You go!
Not knowing if you're coming back dead or alive, You go!
Knowing how deep the shrapnel's going to pierce your hide, You go!
Anajamois

Post by Anajamois »

ElisaMasah wrote:You know Wrench Wench, I've always thinked scotland people are made of awesome and win ... you just confirmed that.
Hoyven, again with der de-railing and the person nyeh-hey.

Thinking about it, i did have a class 2 concussion once. (Not quite a disablity but...)

It was weird. Let's leave it at that.
-

Post by - »

I have no idea if it counts, but I have Kallmann syndrome. Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal, but some people do.
Darroth

Post by Darroth »

- wrote:I have no idea if it counts, but I have Kallmann syndrome. Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal, but some people do.
Do you have anosmia or hyposmia?
-

Post by - »

Darroth wrote:
- wrote:I have no idea if it counts, but I have Kallmann syndrome. Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal, but some people do.
Do you have anosmia or hyposmia?
Even though I formally have hyposmia, I can't smell anything except alcohol. Quite frankly, "anosmia" is the best part of the disease, I find the lack of LH and FSH (Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism, aka the "Peter Pan" effect) much harder to deal with. I personally consider KS a pretty ''easy mode'' syndrome though, compared to other similar problems.
Fhegy

Post by Fhegy »

I have Tinnitus. And I guess you guys know about it already.

And yeah I hear a beeping noise all the time and I had it as long as I remember, I think I was actually born with it. Still... It isn't that big of a deal when you get used to it, but it's always there... watching me, steals the silent from me~! :D