If you *actually have* a physical disability, what is it?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Choose the most severe physical disability that applies to you. Blank vote if none apply.

Hearing impairment (Moderate to severe in one or both ears)
8%
Deafness (Profound in one ear)
2%
Deafness (Profound in both ears)
3%
Muteness
4%
Low vision (Correctable to 20/70-20/200)
46%
Legal blindness (Not correctable to 20/200)
4%
Blindness (Total in one eye)
4%
Disabled/amputated arm or hand
2%
Disabled/amputated leg or foot
5%
Other (specify) (NOT including mental or milder physical disabilities)
22%

Total votes: 958

neumanproductions

Re: If you *actually have* a physical disability, what is it?

Post by neumanproductions »

Just confirmed it, my father has a mild case of arrhythmia. So what does that mean ladies and gentlemen? It means that i'll more than likely be getting it and most likely worse than him in the future. Hooray for me.Image
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Don't take it too hard, look on the bright side of things! things like.. uh... okay, there aren't anything good coming out of it, sorry :(.

Well, lets hope you don't get it.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Well, I'm no biologist, but it isn't a 100% chance to have that condition just because your father developed it, right? Is there any history of arrhythmia that dates back further than him?

Let's just hope inherited genetic conditions skips you, at least.
Nyo ho ho~
neumanproductions

Napalm wrote:Well, I'm no biologist, but it isn't a 100% chance to have that condition just because your father developed it, right? Is there any history of arrhythmia that dates back further than him?
Let's just hope inherited genetic conditions skips you, at least.
Well if you mean like his father, my grandfather, who had everything from multiple strokes, arrhythmia with heart attacks, amputation, whatever that thing is that literally eats away at you skin/flesh... then yes, I think that qualifies as having to worry. He did actually live a nice long life though: 76.
Also, my great grandmother and grandmother on my mother's side has alzheimer's disease so doesn't that really make for a nice genetic soup of potential problems.
and my dad is blind in one eye and his father had to wear glasses. Yep, loving it.Image
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

Ouch...
Nyo ho ho~
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Speaking of genetics. Last time I saw him I brought up the subject of children with my doctor. His reaction?
"They'll either be freakishly large like you or midgets like the rest of your family." Now my family isn't exactly midgets they're just all short, my Doctor is just a grouchy old man.

I'm just not sure if I'd feel comfortable passing on whatever led to me being like I am considering there's no guarantee they'll have the same conditions that led to me turning out fine. But on the other hand kids would be nice.
SirMax

Post by SirMax »

Man, I feel lucky getting away with nothing worse than a strong history of cancer in my family (both of my parents have had it, three grandparents died of it, as did a great-uncle)
neumanproductions

well I could go into the great-grandparents on my father's side. Its actually quite interesting that my great-grandmother on my grandma's side dies of cancer while my great-grandfather on my grandma's side dies of a heart attack.
Then my grandpa's parent dies in the situation where the cause of death was switched by gender from my grandma's parents.
Hopefully I didn't confuse you there but in all simpleness, if I do get something it will be my paternal side that'll get most the attention.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Wrench Wench wrote:I'm just not sure if I'd feel comfortable passing on whatever led to me being like I am considering there's no guarantee they'll have the same conditions that led to me turning out fine. But on the other hand kids would be nice.
Don't let the fear of genetics stop you from having children, if you really want any.
If KS (and this discussion) taught you anything, it should be that you can lead a happy life, even if you are not 100% healthy. Heck, if only people who are 100% healthy were to have children, we'd be doomed to extinction.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

I'm just not sure if I'd feel comfortable passing on whatever led to me being like I am considering there's no guarantee they'll have the same conditions that led to me turning out fine. But on the other hand kids would be nice.
Well, you have said yourself that you don't really see your size as a disability, no? And unlike you, your kids, whether male or female, will have a mother that already went through all of the social consequences for emotional support and such.
Don't worry about that.
(Don't want to spoil the warm fuzzies, but now that I think about that, won't the actual birth be really difficult with a huge baby? Or did you only start growing freakishly big at some point later in life?)
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
matux99

Post by matux99 »

I am mute :(

Yeah, that's right I can't talk! :cry:

I'm just happy to been able to write on this forum :roll:
Great Writer
There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer.

When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Well, you have said yourself that you don't really see your size as a disability, no? And unlike you, your kids, whether male or female, will have a mother that already went through all of the social consequences for emotional support and such.
Don't worry about that.
(Don't want to spoil the warm fuzzies, but now that I think about that, won't the actual birth be really difficult with a huge baby? Or did you only start growing freakishly big at some point later in life?)
Well I guess I'd have to make sure they did a lot of heavy lifting and such as my Doc always prattles on about that having been good for me.

Fortunately though I only started getting absurdly big around my early teens. I was a normal size before then.
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

And what about adoption? I understand that it might not have the same emotional meaning to you, but that way you would guarantee not passing down anything you don't like about yourself.
Nyo ho ho~
Wrench Wench

Post by Wrench Wench »

Napalm wrote:And what about adoption? I understand that it might not have the same emotional meaning to you, but that way you would guarantee not passing down anything you don't like about yourself.
Adopting that many would prove problematic at best. I mean siblings are at each others throats enough as is and that's when they're related. three to five unrelated kids all under one roof? I dunno just sounds like a bad idea.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Wrench Wench wrote:
Napalm wrote:And what about adoption? I understand that it might not have the same emotional meaning to you, but that way you would guarantee not passing down anything you don't like about yourself.
Adopting that many would prove problematic at best. I mean siblings are at each others throats enough as is and that's when they're related. three to five unrelated kids all under one roof? I dunno just sounds like a bad idea.
Wait, you are planning to have five kids? I don't think you have mentioned that before.
("They say there's a mysterious village of giants somewhere in Scotland...")
Then again, if you think you can handle that, who are we to tell you not to?
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.