What you WOULD have wanted to happen in the story

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Merlyn_LeRoy

Re: What you WOULD want to happen in the story

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

True, but there'd be a natural tendency for the deaf students and the other students to stratify into the two deaf/hearing subgroups, though Shizune being in Mutou's class would count against that. Texting is also breaking it down.
Esquire

Post by Esquire »

Aura wrote:The Deaf culture definitely is not offtopic (though it's a bit of a derail in this thread, even if it is like three thousand times more interesting subject than speculating whether some character is yandere or not). It's a significant phenomenon. Anyway you all forget that Yamaku has around 100 other deaf kids for Shizune to talk with in her native language. The communication barrier (that is real, even if you can talk through writing with anyone) is less of an issue when a significant amount of people you socialize with daily actually know sign language.
It never really clicked in my head that there would be THAT many students at the school, at least not deaf ones. How many grades does the school support? I'm trying to envision a campus grounds map now in my head... I'm guessing that if they also support junior high and elementary school children they would have separate buildings for them too.

Anyways, back on topic. I would like to see some of the later acts have consequences for your earlier actions. For example, you go down the Shizune route and side with her in the fight against Lilly. As a result, Lilly is much colder in all later cutscenes. But say for example again you go for the Emi path instead, but still side with Shizune in the fight. In all the cutscenes with Lilly involved down Emi's route (if there are any) Lilly acts colder to you as well. The opposite would be true too. If you side with Lilly instead, any cutscenes with Lilly down Emi's route would be much friendlier.

I dunno if in the later acts the story will basically pretend the other girls don't exist or if there will still be scenes with other characters too down the different paths, so I can't say if this is even a possibility because of the inherent design of the game. I just think it would be neat if its possible.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

The main building you see in the courtyard background and in the distance of the (updated) gardens background is the only building containing classes. Yamaku is only a high school and doesn't contain middle school or elementary classes.

As for characters in other paths, non-path heroines don't cease to exist once act 1 is over. That said, some of the girls know each other better than others, and that will affect how much they're seen.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Esquire wrote:Anyways, back on topic. I would like to see some of the later acts have consequences for your earlier actions. For example, you go down the Shizune route and side with her in the fight against Lilly. As a result, Lilly is much colder in all later cutscenes. But say for example again you go for the Emi path instead, but still side with Shizune in the fight. In all the cutscenes with Lilly involved down Emi's route (if there are any) Lilly acts colder to you as well. The opposite would be true too. If you side with Lilly instead, any cutscenes with Lilly down Emi's route would be much friendlier.
One thing I'm hoping for in the game is reconciliation with Lilly, should Hisao have chosen Shizune. Even though I would pick Shizune every time, I still felt bad for Lilly. With no third option available, I at least hope Hisao can still be friends with Lilly, Hanako and the others. This is unlikely, as the focus of the path would be Shizune.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.

Post by Guest »

Emi wearing reading glasses. That would be Hisao's certain death.
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Esquire wrote:Anyways, back on topic. I would like to see some of the later acts have consequences for your earlier actions. For example, you go down the Shizune route and side with her in the fight against Lilly. As a result, Lilly is much colder in all later cutscenes. But say for example again you go for the Emi path instead, but still side with Shizune in the fight. In all the cutscenes with Lilly involved down Emi's route (if there are any) Lilly acts colder to you as well. The opposite would be true too. If you side with Lilly instead, any cutscenes with Lilly down Emi's route would be much friendlier.
Except that would be pretty unrealistic, i mean, i know it's a game but you don't start acting colder towards someone just because they took the opposite side in an argument unless it's a more serious one or they do it a lot, reverse is true too.
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

G3n0c1de wrote:Back to yandere Shizune, it is hard for her to connect with others because of the communication barrier. But she doesn't seem affected by this, in fact, it appears that this is how she lives life. She has Misha, and that's all she needs. Because of her personality, she seems cold, and she pushes people away. But she's used to this. So her inner strength is the reason she won't go yandere.
Misha could always be the yandere in Shizunes story, she might think that Shizune needs her and that Hisao is stealing her away, making her unneeded. And im assuming that Hisao learns sign language in Shizunes arc, so Misha wouldn't be the only person able to translate for Shizune, again, Hisao stealing her
Hanako > Shizune > Lily > Rin > Ami
vaelant

Post by vaelant »

Darlat wrote:
Except that would be pretty unrealistic, i mean, i know it's a game but you don't start acting colder towards someone just because they took the opposite side in an argument unless it's a more serious one or they do it a lot, reverse is true too.
you might be a little more weary about what you say around them though
Hanako > Shizune > Lily > Rin > Ami
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

vaelant wrote:Misha could always be the yandere in Shizunes story, she might think that Shizune needs her and that Hisao is stealing her away, making her unneeded. And im assuming that Hisao learns sign language in Shizunes arc, so Misha wouldn't be the only person able to translate for Shizune, again, Hisao stealing her
Misha is a better candidate to go yandere than Shizune, as she may not have Shizune's stability. But this reason has been explored before, and I feel that Misha would not become "unneeded" for the simple fact that she is Shizune's closest friend. Even if Hisao were to learn sign language, I believe Misha and Shizune would remain close friends. And Misha gets on pretty well with Hisao too.

... Though this is all up to A22 in the end. And I don't think any of the girls will actually go yandere.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Aura wrote:...Yamaku has around 100 other deaf kids ...
This makes me wonder... Just how many students are there at Yamaku?
So far my estimate was significantly lower:
In Hisao's class there are 18 students. If that is an average size, and there aren't more 3rd year classes than the four that are mentioned in the story so far that would be about 80 students in his year. Three years of high school and three years of middle school would make around 500 students. That's not really much to fill a campus that size...
Also, I think it is not usual in Japan to have mixed high and middle schools, but a) I'm not certain about that and b) Yamaku certainly isn't a typical Japanese school, so I included them to get a larger number of students.
Hisao never mentions small kids, so there is probably no elementary school attached.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Guest wrote:Emi wearing reading glasses. That would be Hisao's certain death.
HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!
Okay, I vouch for this right here.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

This is a rather simple thing, nothing major, but I want there to be banter in the Shizune path. Has anyone ever seen the anime "Spice and Wolf" here? I'm thinking something like what Holo and Lawrence have in that. We already have half of the formula in Act 1--Shizune bantering at Hisao--so we'd just need for Hisao, as he gets more comfortable around her, to start firing back (all in good fun, of course).
neumanproductions wrote:HNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!
Okay, I vouch for this right here.

Oh Jesus Christ that's so freaking adoraHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG!
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

Naevius wrote:This is a rather simple thing, nothing major, but I want there to be banter in the Shizune path. Has anyone ever seen the anime "Spice and Wolf" here? I'm thinking something like what Holo and Lawrence have in that. We already have half of the formula in Act 1--Shizune bantering at Hisao--so we'd just need for Hisao, as he gets more comfortable around her, to start firing back (all in good fun, of course).
I saw Spice and Wolf, and there was a single thing I didn't like about it. Unfortunately, it was the character development.
The start was quite interesting, and I loved how the two were able to have a so damn interesting relation. But as things became more personal, they always remained at the same point after all. Or, at least, that is my interpretation. I'll hate to see the same thing during Shizune's path, it will ruin all your effort to reach the final point.
I want at least to read a real confession pronounced by her or Hisao. :/
Naevius

Post by Naevius »

Well, obviously I didn't want an exact copy of the relationship with Lawrence and Holo; I was merely speaking in terms of their bantering. But have you seen the second season of Spice and Wolf? Lawrence confesses at the end. Though your complaint may be related to the fact that it took that long/Holo didn't really reciprocate beyond joking "It'd be annoying if I ended up falling in love with you." or something like that--implying that she was.
Yuurei

Post by Yuurei »

Yeah, I saw it. And I was talking just about the final scene. I mean damn, he confessed, do that also you instead of being so bitchy. It's obvious you like him now. But I suppose it was the most suitable thing for Holo's personality.
Anyway setting aside my hate, I have to confess that also me believes that Shizune would be like that. Step by step, passing from joke to something more, you'll finally conquer her. Every frame seems to say that.