Bad end would you like to read Emi-Sempai's lession?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ubergeneral

Bad end would you like to read Emi-Sempai's lession?

Post by ubergeneral »

Alright so i'm playing through Tsumukme and one thing I like is when I bad end I get a little lession explaining what happened.

While KS isn't as involved I was wondering if anything like that should exist to help guide players to find all the ending.

For example one lesson could pop up after reaching the Kenji end since a first timer might not realize that they had screwed up (or perhaps confirmation of their screw up somewhere)

Another could give a hint to finding Rin's path since it's so elusive. And or course in later acts I'm sure more situations will exist in terms of finding different endings and such.

What do you think?
Mirage_GSM

Re: Bad end would you like to read Emi-Sempai's lession?

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I don't think KS will have a plethora of bad ends like Tsukihime, where you can die by taking a wrong turn in an alley.
So far KS has made it quite obvious when you have pissed off a girl (if not before the decision then at least after), so you probably know what to do differently on your next try (or on loading the save).
And Rin's path is not really elusive - you simply don't try for any of the other girls ad end up with her almost automatically.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Eh, KS just doesn't feel like the kind of story in which bad ends are that integral a part, like in Fate/Stay Night...
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Wait, what? Something about lesions? Might want to have a doctor look at that, chap.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Csihar wrote:Wait, what? Something about lesions? Might want to have a doctor look at that, chap.
I'm amazed I didn't notice that typo ">_> Or anyone else, up till now, for that matter :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune

Post by Guest »

A "Taiga dojo" as in F/SN with Yuuko as Taiga and Emi as Illiya would be awesome.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Not gonna happen.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Lawls

Post by Lawls »

ubergeneral wrote:Alright so i'm playing through Tsumukme and one thing I like is when I bad end I get a little lession explaining what happened.

While KS isn't as involved I was wondering if anything like that should exist to help guide players to find all the ending.

For example one lesson could pop up after reaching the Kenji end since a first timer might not realize that they had screwed up (or perhaps confirmation of their screw up somewhere)

Another could give a hint to finding Rin's path since it's so elusive. And or course in later acts I'm sure more situations will exist in terms of finding different endings and such.

What do you think?
Won't be in the game since there will be a route map posted a few days after release
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
ubergeneral

Post by ubergeneral »

Mirage_GSM wrote: And Rin's path is not really elusive - you simply don't try for any of the other girls ad end up with her almost automatically.
I'm pretty sure doing that gets you a manly picnic end.
DemonOfRandgris

Post by DemonOfRandgris »

ubergeneral wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote: And Rin's path is not really elusive - you simply don't try for any of the other girls ad end up with her almost automatically.

Yeah. Avoiding all of the girls lead's to a manly picnic. I'm not entirely positive but I believe you need to interact with Emi a bit to branch off into Rin's path.
G3n0c1de wrote:Harvey Dent is not moe.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

ubergeneral wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:And Rin's path is not really elusive - you simply don't try for any of the other girls ad end up with her almost automatically.
The death involving a Manly Picnic is only so the devs didn't have to write a yaoi ending.
Most bad endings basically flash what you did wrong to get them. If they are written correctly, you don't need to be told what you did wrong but can figure it out by how the ending is portray. I'd rather see what happens after a bad end rather then just have the words "bad end" flash on the screen with an explaination afterwards as to how you got there or even a clue correcting yourself; takes some of the fun out of it. :wink:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Escalator

Post by Escalator »

Honestly the choices and routes are pretty straightforward if you've played at least one VN before, at least in the demo. It's not really necessary, unless someone just shows up to mock you for your retarded choices after a bad end. That might be fun.
Esquire

Post by Esquire »

Escalator wrote:Honestly the choices and routes are pretty straightforward if you've played at least one VN before, at least in the demo. It's not really necessary, unless someone just shows up to mock you for your retarded choices after a bad end. That might be fun.
I found so too, with the exception of Emi's route. I was aiming for either Lilly or Hanako, and got sent down Emi's path because I sided with Lilly in the fight, but also decided that I wanted to be healthy so I didn't die. All my work at the start of the game thrown away because I entered a footrace... XP
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

DemonOfRandgris wrote:
Yeah. Avoiding all of the girls lead's to a manly picnic. I'm not entirely positive but I believe you need to interact with Emi a bit to branch off into Rin's path.
You get to the manly picknick only if you piss any of the girls off.
The easiest way to get Rin's End is to "Read your book" in Lunch evolution theory instead of having lunch with either Lilly or Shizune and then not having a heart attack, if you chose running with Emi (which is not really necessary).
After that you simply have to avoid pissing Lilly and Rin off after the shopping trip and tell Nomiya you want to join the art club (both of which would get you to the manly picknick).
Another way to get on her path would be to go to lunch with either Shizune or Lilly and then supporting the other in Cold War.
I found Rin's path the easiest, because you don't have to actually try for it. It's kind of the default.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Akira

Post by Akira »

Same here.
I dunno why people found Rin's path the most difficult one. Maybe trying too hard, since you just sort of fall into it.
Suits Rin's personality in a way, since her approach to life is like some path she just fell into and is wandering aimlessly around on while painting pretty pictures along the way. :)